Should I Go For Used Tata Sierra or Safari?

Which one

• Tata Sierra

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Tata Safari

Votes: 7 77.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
Hi guys,

I am back with another thread [evil] as usual again another confusion i can't decide

I was planning to go for Tata Sierra and put innova petrol engine and do little bit modification and also some restoration and use it for 5years But my father isn't happy about my decision and father say who know whether that engine will work properly with sierra without showing any problem . He say only go for it if you can sure that sierra will remain more in road then in garage getting fix.

My father say that i should go for second hand tata safari 1-2years old as we have problem with income tax department so no new car .

So what do you think Sierra or tata safari

350Z

Core Team
Re: Tata Sierra or Tata Safari

Your father’s suggestion makes some sense and is more practical. Tata Sierra has become more of a collector’s car rather than an everyday SUV. Of course, you can always use it for routine purposes but technical problems are only certain for a car of this much age and even more so when you are considering an engine swap. Now when you are in market for an SUV, May I also suggest looking out for the Mahindra Scorpio, Honda CR-V and Ford Endeavour? Because if I remember correctly, one of the reasons you sold the Safari was due to uncertain reliability of a Tata product. Keeping this in mind, do you want to go for one again?

Drive Safe,
350Z

If you have the budget for a 1-2 years old Safari then go ahead with Safari. I think you are looking at 4X4 right?

Thread Starter #8

Your father’s suggestion makes some sense and is more practical. Tata Sierra has become more of a collector’s car rather than an everyday SUV. Of course, you can always use it for routine purposes but technical problems are only certain for a car of this much age and even more so when you are considering an engine swap. Now when you are in market for an SUV, May I also suggest looking out for the Mahindra Scorpio, Honda CR-V and Ford Endeavour? Because if I remember correctly, one of the reasons you sold the Safari was due to uncertain reliability of a Tata product. Keeping this in mind, do you want to go for one again?

Drive Safe,
350Z
hmm problem is that scorpio ,CRV and endeavour have good resale value so finding 1-2years old in 7L money won't be possible .
Reason i sold my last safari
1. it was already 6years
2. dhaya scared me [lol]

If you have the budget for a 1-2 years old Safari then go ahead with Safari. I think you are looking at 4X4 right?
Yes 4X4 i am looking but these are rare species its hard to find . If i didn't find any then i will go ahead with black VX 4X2 model which have looked and has clocked 30k

How about a second hand Vitara?
all vitara are 4-5years old which comes in my budget of 7L . I am looking for SUV for long that is 5-6years so max. age 2year which i have set

350Z

Core Team

You can find a 2008 Mahindra Scorpio VLX under 8 Lakhs. Do check if you have interest.

Drive Safe,
350Z

dear friend , SIERRA IS MACHO MANS CAR , Safari is just a comfort car, if u have the will to restorate old sierra , it makes big difference , I v 3 sierras & i seriously think nothing can defeat its looks. AROUND THE WORLD even 120 year old cars are remade restored and running perfect than any new car. ITS THE THRILL TO REMAKE. If you want more inputs i can help you.

Last edited by a moderator:
dear friend , SIERRA IS MACHO MANS CAR , Safari is just a comfort car, if u have the will to restorate old sierra , it makes big difference , I v 3 sierras & i seriously think nothing can defeat its looks. AROUND THE WORLD even 120 year old cars are remade restored and running perfect than any new car. ITS THE THRILL TO REMAKE. If you want more inputs i can help you.

Good post.

makes sierra owners like me happy!

Thread Starter #14
problem is that TIME which i hardly have .

I am ok with all work but only thing i am worried about is problems because of which i might have to send it garage again and again

Also i am not properly restoring
I am actually keeping body and chassis and changing engine . So i am bit worried as i haven't seen any one doing it and still hasn't got any problem . This car will be mine everyday Ride so making me more worried

Hmmm its heart vs head.
Heart Says Sierra whereas Head suggests the Safari.

I am voting with the Heart.[:D]
indeed its Heart Vs Brain war

I would suggest you to go for a Scorpio. Like Vibhor said, you can get a 1-2 yr old beast somewhere near 7lacs. If you dont, then go for Safari.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom