Should I Buy a 2007 Honda Civic

I'm in the same boat whether I should buy an used civic or Corolla Altis as a replacement of our 1,04,000 Kms run Vento TDI 2012 version as it's maintenance is getting increased and it became old.I had seen a Civic VMT 2011 version,which has sunroof and its in urban titanium colour.It has run 41000 Kms and it is available with Honda dealer for ₹7.9L.Another Civic,which I saw,has run 39000 Kms and it's a 2012 one VMT in white colour.Asking price is around ₹8L.

Regarding Altis,I had seen one which is 2011 manufactured 2012 registered one which has run just 20,000 Kms and it's 1.8 VL AT.Colour is silver and asking price is ₹12L.Too much for a 5 year old car right?Will negotiate to ₹9L if all goes right.

Hello guys.

The year is 2016 and I am needing your help!

I am planning to buy used car and my budget is 4lkh. I came across a used 2006 Black Honda Civic SMT with 34km on ODO. No scratches, dents or scrappings under belly. It's a first owner car within my budget. I will not be driving it much cause I have a bike for my daily commutation.

I am kind of confused on whether if I need to go for this 10 year old civic or if I need to look for a newer diesel engine within my budget. Since I have not owned a car, I want to make sure that I take a wise decision before I makin to my first ride.

Please let me know your suggestions.

kkn13

Suspended
Hello guys.

I am planning to buy used car and my budget is 4lkh. I came across a used 2006 Black Honda Civic SMT with 34km on ODO. No scratches, dents or scrappings under belly. It's a first owner car within my budget. I will not be driving it much cause I have a bike for my daily commutation.

I am kind of confused on whether if I need to go for this 10 year old civic or if I need to look for a newer diesel engine within my budget. Since I have not owned a car, I want to make sure that I take a wise decision before I makin to my first ride.

For that price, you can easily score a newer City 2010 VMT
The city is the better car for our roads and wont scrape like the Civic
Upgrade Tyres to 185 or 195 Bridgestones and youll be sorted

Civic wont be a bad choice either but 4L is a bit high for a 2006 and fuel pump,tyres,brakes might need changing so keep that in mind (I owned a 2007 CRV which I recently sold so have gone through this)

I own a City 2010 too and I highly recommend it, youll easily get a well maintained ,low mileage one within 4L and itll be more reliable
I got offered 4.5L for mine recently but I decided not to sell and keep the car for 2-3 more years
Only clocked 20k km
There are tonnes of such cars in the used market

Haggle for the Civic if you want, 2.5-3L is probably the best max price for it IMHO

Examples for City with low mileage etc
http://www.carwale.com/used/cars-in-mumbai/honda-city-2008-2011-s832545/?rk=3&isP=false
http://www.carwale.com/used/cars-in-mumbai/honda-city-2008-2011-s848121/?rk=8&isP=false
^^I dont endorse or recommend the cars above, just for example purpose that such cars exist in the used market and that the Civic is overpriced

Last edited:
Hello guys.

price seems to be higher for the year. cross check the ODO reading. 2006 should cost you around 2.8. civic scraps the speed breakers when the rear seat gets occupied.

Hi friends. Joined the automotiveindia today recently I bought a used civic 2007 model in very good condition,only 23k driven with records. The car is in ver good condition and driving it feels good too.Would keep it until it lasts, just wanted to know about the availability of spares in future.

Hello sir!
Buying one today in 2018 is still a good idea? M getting it for 2 lakhs
Hi Rishi Nikam,
even the last post on this thread was dated 24th Dec'16[lol]
Happens when you are new to TAI because there is so much of helpful information to share and gain.
Always click on the "New Posts" for current active threads.

Top Bottom