Short Gearshift and LED Roof Lamp in Maruti 800

Thread Starter #33
Re: Some more modifications

Really nice job.whats your future plan?
installed lights under the dash. and roots megasonic horns in front of radiator, cutted the bumper for installing horns. again it was a totally DIY because i have all the tools & enough time for these kind of jobs.

Thread Starter #35
Hi daffuboyz, can you post a pic of your car please, you seem to be like me more interested in DIY's !! Any performance mods ?
where should i post the pics? no performance mods. i drive only in city, so no performance needed, will buy a personal car and then make performance mods. m thinking to get a contessa & restore it like original from outside but interior will be cool like new swift.& powerfull engine, toyota 2c,3c may be v6,v8

I think, you can also try fixing an dimmer circuit, as in swift which will complete your DIY..
@Varun560061 please let me know where can i procure the dome light diimer apparatus, i have been trying to search for some credible info on this.
I happened to study a circuit diagram also on the net for buying the circuit at SP road Bangalore(Which i already did and the dealer asked me to get specifics of the circuit), but cant make out any thing from it, Im not an electronics guy you see [frustration]
heres the link - http://www.electronic-circuits-diagrams.com/carsimages/3.gif
Any lead would really help

So do you need a dimmer circuit ? I am presently using a capacitor in place of a circuit.
No No, my objective is to have the dimmer installed thats all, dont need a circuit as such
So is it possible for me to buy the capacitator and get the dimming effect in the Dome light

I dint get your point, what is dome light ? For dimming if you are using led's you can use the capacitor. It will cost you 20 rs to 40 rs

I dint get your point, what is dome light ?
I am actually referring to the cabin light which is in the middle of the roof (excuse me if i got the term wrong [embarass]) i intend to have the LED's slowly turn OFF after closing the door rather than going OFF suddenly (Just like the high end cars of today)

For dimming if you are using led's you can use the capacitor
Thanks @Varun560061 will take a walk to SP road today [:)]

@Varun560061 i happened to visit SP road and asked for a LED capacitor for 12 v, also tried to make him understand my objective, but he says he needs more details or a sample piece :confused: wat to do

Thread Starter #42
I dint get your point, what is dome light ? For dimming if you are using led's you can use the capacitor. It will cost you 20 rs to 40 rs
its not possible to dim light by only a capacitor, may be it'll work but will not give exact effect, because capacitor can store some current & release it on when power drops. so u need a circuit to cut off the power slowly...

Thread Starter #43
@Varun560061 i happened to visit SP road and asked for a LED capacitor for 12 v, also tried to make him understand my objective, but he says he needs more details or a sample piece :confused: wat to do
capacitors have two values like car batteries have two values one is 12volts & other value is amperes in 22 amp, 32 amp etc same in case of capacitors they come with volts & micro Farads [uF] values, for example (12v 0.33uF)
but i don't know which capacitor will work. according to me use a dimmer circuit if u want the exact dimmer effect.

I purchased the above mentioned (2200uf 16 volts capacitor) and added it to the connection. Didnt have the dimming effect when i switched it off. The only change i noticed was it was glowing with a low intensity than without adding the capacitor

Top Bottom