Short Gearshift and LED Roof Lamp in Maruti 800

Thread Starter #1
I have cutted the gear lever of my 800. its totaly DIY accept the welding process. Now it looks & Feel great. i maked it 3 inches small than orignal. in my friends car we make it 4 inches short. Now I'm looking for a gear knob and also thinking to change the center console.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #2
Re: Some more modifications

16 LED's in roof light. Again its a totaly DIY. 16 white leds cost me 16 x 2 = 32 RS.
PCB cost me = 15 RS. in this project i was needed only 1/4th part of the PCB i bought. soldered th led's and cutted the pcb and sticked with double sided tape in the light.

Attachments

Great DIY.
as for the gear lever i always wanted to do it because when in 5th gear my 800's gear knob always rubbed with my legs so it was kind of an irritation.
but all of the workshops advised me not to do it. they said that if you sell the car it may be difficult for the new owner to change the gear. so i never did it.

Great DIY, Me too have cut the gear rod in my maruti 800..
The led's are of 3volts and have u used some resistors to reduce the voltage
as our car's voltage is 12volts.

Good post "daffuboyz"

DIY's surely need lot of praises.
led need to connect to a 100 ohm 1 watt resistor in series of 4 led's max.

and please dont use sms slang and spell check before posting. it will enhance reading and will add to your reputation.

Remember , ma 800 is not equal to my 800

similarly there is no thing called cutted!

Thread Starter #9
Great DIY, Me too have cut the gear rod in my maruti 800..
The led's are of 3volts and have u used some resistors to reduce the voltage
as our car's voltage is 12volts.
i dont used any resistor. it reduces current & dimmed the light. 4 LED's each of 3 volts in series(4x3=12) so now it works perfect now I amm looking for light which i can install on rear seats, like the lights came with new cars. it should slim & can be fitted in roof. so no one can says its a DIY.

Great DIY.
as for the gear lever i always wanted to do it because when in 5th gear my 800's gear knob always rubbed with my legs so it was kind of an irritation.
but all of the workshops advised me not to do it. they said that if you sell the car it may be difficult for the new owner to change the gear. so i never did it.

I know everyone told me. but i ignore the all. first day its little quite difficult to put 2nd gear, i went to mechanic (my friend, he has already did it on his 800) he adjusted the gear rod under the body(which i had opened to take the leaver out) now it works perfect. its my habbit i dont listen to the mechanics & tell them just do what i say. i dont care about warranty & other things i know i can opreate. i do what i decided.

ilango[speed thirst];111137 said:
Good post "daffuboyz"

DIY's surely need lot of praises.
led need to connect to a 100 ohm 1 watt resistor in series of 4 led's max.

and please dont use sms slang and spell check before posting. it will enhance reading and will add to your reputation.

Remember , ma 800 is not equal to my 800

similarly there is no thing called cutted!
i didn't added any resistor.
am sorry for using sms language, you know it when typing, your fingers always type the shorts. Now i'll always spell check before posting.
anyway thanks for telling me..

Thread Starter #10

if you connect the -ve wire of LED's to screw (as mentioned in image) it gives more light but the on off switch will not work, you need to install a extra switch. am also thinking to in middle position the light works with doors. if its possible to connect the third & last point of the switch to work with wire connected to the ground then it'll give more light when turend on, when the doors will be opened it'll give less light. as you have seen the light in image with the doors opened.

Attachments

Just cutting the shifter will only make the lever harder to operate. I compensated by using a indegenious short shifter design, in which i cut off three inches from top, and added one which at the bottom,and raised the whole shifter mechanism by a inch. The whole thing was wlded and fixed. The gear shifter is now elevated, and the throws are really short. Will cut off another inch from the lever. The Altos centre console fits with some mods and the gear boot looks great.

Thread Starter #13

Just cutting the shifter will only make the lever harder to operate. I compensated by using a indegenious short shifter design, in which i cut off three inches from top, and added one which at the bottom,and raised the whole shifter mechanism by a inch. The whole thing was wlded and fixed. The gear shifter is now elevated, and the throws are really short. Will cut off another inch from the lever. The Altos centre console fits with some mods and the gear boot looks great.

Share some pictures. What you did?

Top Bottom