Short Gearshift and LED Roof Lamp in Maruti 800

Thread Starter #46
Hi daffuboyz, I am using 2200uf 16 volts capacitor, as you told it doesn't have the exact dimmer effect but it serves the purpose.

Do you have the dimmer circuit ? Please post the details.
i don't have any circuit. & now 4 of led's in my car are not working, i think they are blown because i didn't added a resistor, and 4 started blinking, in some days they will be blown, now left only 8 led's out of 16.

Nice modification,
For LEDs go to sp road in Bengaluru, ask for 8mm 0.5w white LEDs and an 150ohm 2watt resistor. Put 3 LEDs in series along with the resistor. You can use upto 12 LEDs for the 2 watt resistor (3 LEDs in series). And for the dimmer function just use a 4700uf 16v cap in parallel to the circuit.

Nice modification,
For LEDs go to sp road in Bengaluru, ask for 8mm 0.5w white LEDs and an 150ohm 2watt resistor. Put 3 LEDs in series along with the resistor. You can use upto 12 LEDs for the 2 watt resistor (3 LEDs in series). And for the dimmer function just use a 4700uf 16v cap in parallel to the circuit.
@inuyashaSo will the lights go off slowly when the power source is cut off ? like in high end cars ?

yes since the drain voltage will be low for 3 LEDs, a 4700uf will be enough. If you want more time delay then you can use one with higher capacitance but the size will be bigger so fitting it in that space will be tough! [:)]

yes since the drain voltage will be low for 3 LEDs, a 4700uf will be enough. If you want more time delay then you can use one with higher capacitance but the size will be bigger so fitting it in that space will be tough! [:)]
Wow Thanks a ton ! will work on it and keep you updated [:)]

Top Bottom