Shoes for Innova?

Thread Starter #1
Hi guys, My Innova V is shod with Bridgestone B390 205/65 R15 OE tyres. the tyres have come to the end of its life now & is due for replacement.

I am still a learner when it comes to tyres so i am asking my query over here.

1) Which tyre should i go for? i prefer yokohama but i am open to all brands (not the too expensive ones like michelin!). Along with the brand, please suggest the tyre model number too.

2) Can i increase the tyre width? i am NOT changing the alloys. the current tyres are 205, so can i increase it to say 215 or 225 without the tyres looking bulbous on the present wheels? also, it should not affect safety.

3) which one is better? unidirectional or asymmetic tyres?

My priorities are (in that order)-

* good ride comfort
* low road noise
* tyre should not be too soft, in other words, it should be hard wearing & puncture resistant
* good looks (!!)
* not too expensive

all in all, i am not looking for a 'sporty' tyre, but i am looking for a 'practical' tyre! and of course, yokohama would be preferred.

Stick on with 205 width tyre.

protruding at this inch doesnt suit that much , but a 215 must be fine if you wish to increase the width

Low road noise and good comfort , then its bridge stone , michelin and good year

Not too soft , hard wearing , almost all tyre are same except from mrf/appolo/ceat
No idea about jk 's

Cost wise and seeing you expectation good year must suits you well as bridgestone is slightly costlier than this

So decide between good year and bridegestone

Don go for Jk tyres its too noisy in Swift!! Bridgestone is good on my Verna , minimal noise!! You can go for tubeless right??

Thread Starter #6
ilango[speed thirst];27337 said:
Stick on with 205 width tyre.

protruding at this inch doesnt suit that much , but a 215 must be fine if you wish to increase the width

Low road noise and good comfort , then its bridge stone , michelin and good year

Not too soft , hard wearing , almost all tyre are same except from mrf/appolo/ceat
No idea about jk 's

Cost wise and seeing you expectation good year must suits you well as bridgestone is slightly costlier than this

So decide between good year and bridegestone
I heard, from other Punto owners, that goodyear is noisy. Punto E+ comes with goodyear.
Don go for Jk tyres its too noisy in Swift!! Bridgestone is good on my Verna , minimal noise!! You can go for tubeless right??
thanks a lot for the replies buddies. JK & Good year is a no-no as they are not good according to my experiences & research.

i will look for bridgestone potenza as you suggested.

Thread Starter #7
hey guys, i have got the quotation from saifee tyres for my innova's tyre. but the quotation i got is for 205/65 R15 & i am looking for 225/65 R15.

anyways, here is the quotation-

Michelin XM1+ = 5475/-
Yokohama AC01 (C drive) = 4640/-

prices are inclusive of VAT/tax.

also, for my usage, is yokohama A drive better or C drive?

is this price good? i know it can increase by Rs. 500 when i opt for 225 section. which one is better of the two & more VFM? my priorities are already stated.

To answer your initial questions, you should ideally stick with the same size, unless you want to contend with a lower mileage.
Asymmetric tyres will mean that they are side specific ... and you will have to use the spare only as a spare, to be returned to the underside of the car as soon as the original tyre is repaired.
Are your current stocks on the Innova tubed?? Since you are changing, you should look at the tubeless option, if that is the case.

Thread Starter #9
To answer your initial questions, you should ideally stick with the same size, unless you want to contend with a lower mileage.
a little lower mileage for more grip is fine for me.

Asymmetric tyres will mean that they are side specific ... and you will have to use the spare only as a spare, to be returned to the underside of the car as soon as the original tyre is repaired.
i understand that they are side specific. but i am keeping the current spare tyre as its sparingly used. so i am buying only 4 new tyres.

Are your current stocks on the Innova tubed?? Since you are changing, you should look at the tubeless option, if that is the case.
even the current tyres are tubeless & of course, i am buying tubeless too. who buys tubed tyres these days? i think tyre shops dont even keep tubed tyres in stock!

I think 205 width section must be fine , else go for a 215 , not more than that in stock rims.

After upsizing , try with different airpressure combination from 28 psi to 31 psi.

also try different air pressure in front and back , that must help in a 205/215 sections

Thread Starter #11
Finally changed the innova's tyres to Yokohama C drive, stock size at Saifee in santacruz.

i wanted to change to 225 section but was advised to do so only if i do a lot of highway driving.

i was also showed Goodyear Assurance which they claimed to be better than yokos but since i was not sure about it, i went for yokos.

Attachments

Thread Starter #13
yes buddy, have a look at this.

C drive & A drive is available for innova. S drive is available mostly for sedans.

C drive has better grip whereas A drive has better economy. i chose grip over economy.

Aah so i see that C-drive is asymmetrical tyres which gives better grip in rains and A drive must be the symmetrical normal tyres!!

You still din tell us the cost![;)]

Top Bottom