Shivanasamudram & Talakad - This Weekend?

Thread Starter #1
Guys

My son’s 3rd Birthday is on this Sunday. We were thinking to celebrate it little differently than usual. So just thought of traveling somewhere, and have it celebrated over there than @ home.

Some friends suggested about Shivanasamudram & Talakad.

1. How are those places to visit now?
2. Road conditions?
3. Rains? Will it hamper in anyway?

Any best alternatives are welcome as well.

Hi Figoian,

we had visited these places last month.it was nice and good source to relax. when we visited water was not much in both falls and talakad was ok .
road condition to both the places are good and well marked too. but beware of looters on the entrance of the village as they ask you to pay entrance fee for all, even to enter the village.
with monsoons started now , no idea about rain.talakad is managable in rains but falls it would be difficult.but nice place to visit and relax.

Thread Starter #3
Hi Figoian,

we had visited these places last month.it was nice and good source to relax. when we visited water was not much in both falls and talakad was ok .
road condition to both the places are good and well marked too. but beware of looters on the entrance of the village as they ask you to pay entrance fee for all, even to enter the village.
with monsoons started now , no idea about rain.talakad is managable in rains but falls it would be difficult.but nice place to visit and relax.
Thanks Deepsraven. Any pics you have to share?

I gather from your point that those entrance fee are illegitimate. Did you manage to escape?

Guys

My son’s 3rd Birthday is on this Sunday. We were thinking to celebrate it little differently than usual. So just thought of traveling somewhere, and have it celebrated over there than @ home.

Some friends suggested about Shivanasamudram & Talakad.

1. How are those places to visit now?
2. Road conditions?
3. Rains? Will it hamper in anyway?

Any best alternatives are welcome as well.
Hi
I had been to sivasamudram a fortnight back, the place is good and its about 130 kms from bangalore. i took kanakapura-- malavalli route and the road is all the way good. unfortunately, there was no water in the falls when we went, both the falls were dried. but i don't know now. Another alternate place is Horsely Hills, about 150 kms from bangalore and is in AP. Take old madras road...hosekote...madanapalle and horsely hills. its a small hill station and APTDC got an excellent resort there with all amenities. HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YR SON

Thread Starter #5
Re: Shivanasamudram & Talakad - Seems to have no water... Alternative?

Hi
unfortunately, there was no water in the falls when we went, both the falls were dried. but i don't know now.
Thanks AR Ram. I too heard the same. So dropping out that option.

Guys - Any other suggestions?

Hi Figoian,

First of all advance wishes for your son. Shivasamudra is a beautiful place. I visited this place thrice in one year. Attaching a picture which I taken during my visit this year on May 1st week.

DSC06703.jpg

The route is good, you can easily maintain 80KMPH throughout. Only the last approximately three kilometers are average (not bad too). The route is simple
NICE Road - kanakapura road - Malavali - Turn left towards Kollegal, you will have boards for the falls.

Note, there are multiple view points, but don't miss Gaganachukki Barachukki falls. Thats my favorite. You need climb down it is steep and close to 200 steps laid newly. You have coracle ride there. They will take you closer to falls, and it will be fun for you son and family. You can bath in the falls too.

I advice you to bring your food from home. Enjoy your day there.

About Talakad:
It is more of a historical place. You have park sort of thing (river bank). You can take a coracle ride too here. Main attractions are temple burried on sand dunes. Try to reach there before dusk, as there are no lights near temple and the park too closes at 6PM, if I'm not wrong.

From Talakad I took a route to Mysore road, though it is a two lane the road condition was excellent. A localite helped me and it was dark so don't remember the way. But there are sign boards. From Mysore road it should be breeze for you till reaching Bangalore.

Enjoy your son's birthday and share us pictures. How about cutting a cake in coracle for birthday!! [clap]

Thread Starter #7
First of all advance wishes for your son.
Enjoy your son's birthday and share us pictures. How about cutting a cake in coracle for birthday!!
Thanks Ram. That's an awesome idea...[clap]

But just worried about the rains and water... Seems it's not the way now as in the pic you shared.

So, thinking of finalizing Big Banyan Tree as the worst case option.

Shivasamudra is a beautiful place to celebrate your son's B'day bash, advance wishes for him.

Have visited the falls innumerable times in all seasons but I am still looking forward to visit the place again this August.

Hope the rain doesn't touble you much, have a joyfull ride.

If you consider Big Banyan tree nothing much to see there just an opinion from my side.

BTW how is your car now.

Thread Starter #9
Guys

Finally it was back to the original plan, Shivanasamudram and Talakad. Though it was all dry and dripping in couple of places, the trip was quite enjoyable and worthy. Will write a travelogue once I have the pics downloaded.

Guys

Finally it was back to the original plan, Shivanasamudram and Talakad. Though it was all dry and dripping in couple of places, the trip was quite enjoyable and worthy. Will write a travelogue once I have the pics downloaded.
Belated wishes to your son,looking forward fpr your travelogue.

Hi TAI members need your help. I am planning to go to Talakkad from bangalore. Please suggest me a good route. I know there is a diversion in Mysore road near channapatna but am worried about the road conditions.

Thread Starter #12
Hi TAI members need your help. I am planning to go to Talakkad from bangalore. Please suggest me a good route. I know there is a diversion in Mysore road near channapatna but am worried about the road conditions.
When I visited last year, the roads were good but not great. It's a single lane road from the Mysore Highway with usual potholes. But was able to constantly do in 60s in top gear.

Not sure of it now due to increased rains this year.

When I visited last year, the roads were good but not great. It's a single lane road from the Mysore Highway with usual potholes. But was able to constantly do in 60s in top gear.

Not sure of it now due to increased rains this year.
Thanks Figoian. I came across another route which is Maddur - Malavalli - Talakkad. Is this a better route?

Top Bottom