Shell Fuel Stations - Are They Any Good?

Thread Starter #1
Hi guys,
i fuelled up at a shell petrol station yesterday at Warje naka, Mumbai- Banglore highway (NH-4) Pune. the rate was 74.40. filled it there because i was running very low on fuel. i guess it is more than the regular unleaded petrol by roughly 2 bucks. are there any additives or anything in shell petrol? i have filled premium fuel like extra premium and power earlier but it wasnt worth the extra penny.
is shell fuel any better?

Re: is fuel at shell stations better?

IMO that Shell sells pure petrol and there is no chances of error in meter reading. You must have seen the way they treat there customer. Also when there meter says that you have got X litres of petrol beleive me its the same. At some bunks when they says X ltrs of petrol means you actually get x- few % in tank. You can now check the mileage of your car after filling the ppetrol from gas station & should conculde that this extra 2 Rs are more profitable. Since almost a year I am using only Shell petrol in my Santro & can see the improvement

Thread Starter #3
Re: Shell Petrol - Is it Any Better?

yeah they treat you well at shell.. and they give a printed receipt which is generated from the dispensing unit itself and give it to you irrespective of whether you ask for it or not. i found it quite transparent. if the fuel quality is good ll b more than happy to 'shell' out those 2 extra bucks :-!
btw do you know wher else r thes shell pumps located? i guess they arent inside pune city limits.

Yes you are right. These pumps are mostly in outskirts & most of the bunks are now closed as well. However you can go to there website to check the nearest pump. The website is always up to date

Doctor, the Shell fuel station at Warje is the only station near by you, else you can go to Shell fuel stations at Wakad( Thathwade), or Pirangut ( Prior to Ghat) or Dapodi ( Old Pune Mumbai Road)
BTW what is the rate of diesel at Shell?

Thread Starter #6

rate of diesel? do u want me to start a new thread- filled diesel in petrol car, now what to do:lol!:
sorry mate didn notice. but must be a couple of bucks more for sure.
tathawade is on my way to Mumbai.. so now tank full there during diwali trip!!!
btw before that do you know of any reliable lottery dealer:biggrin:

I don't know if its any better but i have also started filling at Shell for my Pulsar mainly because there is no large queue at Shell bunks waiting for fuel. I don't mind paying the extra 2 bucks once in a while.

I don't know if its any better but i have also started filling at Shell for my Pulsar mainly because there is no large queue at Shell bunks waiting for fuel. I don't mind paying the extra 2 bucks once in a while.
In Bangalore, shell bunks dont allow us to sit on our bikes when the petrol is being filled(reason unknown - seems like more of a superstition) which I hate the most!![frustration]. Is it the same else where?

Yeah its the same at Chennai too , i see no problem in doing that when compared to the long queues i have to wait at other bunks!

In Bangalore, shell bunks dont allow us to sit on our bikes when the petrol is being filled(reason unknown - seems like more of a superstition) which I hate the most!![frustration]. Is it the same else where?
It is not the superstition, it is part of the shell's safety policy. To avoid fire/ accidents. It also avoids the running away without paying after fueling.[lol]

Thread Starter #13

yeah imagine sitting on a bike while fuelling up and there is a fire! ur further generations are an extinct species!!:lol!:

It is not the superstition, it is part of the shell's safety policy. To avoid fire/ accidents. It also avoids the running away without paying after fueling.[lol]
A FIRE in bunk!!! That can lead to any extent though a person is not seated on a bike[confused]. But the second reason makes more sense to me:agree:

A FIRE in bunk!!! That can lead to any extent though a person is not seated on a bike. But the second reason makes more sense to me
They just not ask you to get off the bike, but also to switch off the engine and place the bike on center stand.[thumbsup] And as I mentioned it is the safety policy too, that doesn't mean only fire, other thing can be to prevent robbery at fuel station which is very likely.

Last edited:

Top Bottom