Shell Brings Global Vehicle Trust OX To India

Thread Starter #1

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Shell brings the Global Vehicle Trust OX: The inventive flat-pack Truck, to India

News Release_OX_Partnership Announcement_11 April-1.jpg

News Release_OX_Partnership Announcement_11 April-2.jpg

Regards

Akash

Last edited:
Re: Shell Brings the Global Vehicle Trust OX To India

I am little doubtful about how successful this would be in India. We already have a few such vehicles in the Indian market like the Tata Ace . This, though simple and easy to assemble, is coming with a much bigger engine.
In a country like ours, where fuel efficiency is more important than loading capacity, the bigger engine will find it hard to make its way. Also they would need to work on a big dealership and service network. Taking into consideration, that its easy to assemble, we can hope it would be relatively easy to service and maintain too. But , still we would need a supply chain for the parts and consumables.

That said, I dont think they have any better market than India either, as these kinds of vehicles do not have a big market abroad. India is the best market for the vehicle, but I feel that unfortunately the vehicle is not the best option for India, unless they decide to tweak it for the Indian consumer needs.

Thread Starter #3

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Day 2 Press Release-1.jpg

Day 2 Press Release-2.jpg

Pic-1.jpg

Mike Brown (L), Advanced Product, and Business Strategy Director at Gordon Murray Design (L) with Nitin Prasad (R), Chairman, Shell Companies in India unveil the world's first 'flat-pack' truck on the second day of the Make the Future in Chennai

Pic 2.jpg

Mike Brown (L), Advanced Product, and Business Strategy Director at Gordon Murray Design with Nitin Prasad (R), Chairman, Shell Companies in India at the launch of the "OX to India" on the second day of the Make the Future in Chennai​

Regards

Akash

Top Bottom