Share Pics of Your Car's Window Tints

Gifted my DZire front windshield tints on completing 3years with us![:D]

Charcoal Black Garware SRC 50% on windshield; surrounded by Garware SRC 35% visibility on side and rear glass 3years back, which is faded now.

05102011015 copy.jpg

My swift had garware black tint on black tint(double layer) on all windows except windshield, windshield had 3m 70% vlt tint,dark tint would stand out cos of white colour & the white pillars,I would drive this car only in the morning & use my other car when it was night.

Need less to say my car was pulled up during election time a record 3 times in half an hour to check for any money or items [:)]
Now the front tint has been removed & front driver & passenger side has a single layer of dark garware along with rear windscreen.

Attachments

@ Gears Even i was planning to add a sunfilm for my windshield? Do you feel any improvement after having the sunfilm? Any difficulty in night driving?

@ Gears Even i was planning to add a sunfilm for my windshield? Do you feel any improvement after having the sunfilm? Any difficulty in night driving?
Oh yes yes do go for windshield tints. I would highly recommend. These are not those ice cool or heat rejection expensive tints but these are normal tints; which are at least better than nothing. The glare from the oncoming traffic is reduced. The dashboard gets heated less. The AC cooling is improved. Yes the car's interior gets hot when parked for hours; but you can open two doors for 20-30 seconds or so and then enter.

Actually I wanted much darker ones but since the car is driven by my dad too; I couldn't go for those.

Earlier my dad was against windshield these tints and I got these tints when he was out of town and when he returned he didn't even noticed the tints. He drove the car during night time for two days without any complaints or so. Finally after three days I told him about the tints and he was like [shock] he didnt felt any effect during night and also he told the glare has reduced during night. During day time the sunlight is entering the car form the front is reduced.

From outside also these are not much darker. More over daily we have to stop at a signal where cops are there and they didn't even stopped us for that. [:D]

Dont fo for 70% visibility suggested by the RTo; these are good for nothing. Go for 50-35% visibility; then you will get the effect. This is my personal opinion.

Even i was planning to add a sunfilm for my windshield? Do you feel any improvement after having the sunfilm? Any difficulty in night driving?
The 70% vlt from 3m works great for the front windshield(please dont go any darker),you obviously need good visibility to drive that is the first rule remember I had different cars for day & night(you mite find it weird).
I have driven cars of every make with different front tints from innova,octavia,cruz to audi,merc,bmw & I have found silver(reflective) or moss green tints(rare now days) for the front windshield to be the most effective(considering privacy & night visibility).

I will tell you when charcoal tint front windshield tint takes the most toll on your visibility! If your in a city & have good street lights around you dont feel the effects,but when you hit the highway I have noticed with high beams hitting you it becomes a prob to scan the road for defects like pot holes or debris,but that is not the worst when it rains you mite as well crawl at 40,I have changed my charcoal front tints twice & finally taken it out when I could not resist crossing 120 at night drives(occasional then,regular now),I have almost hit fallen branches during rain inside the city(my vision is excellent) & my friends innova clipped a divider when he had charcoal tint,after shifting to reflective shades the night prob is reduced.
Front sunfilms cuts out alot of heat,but you have clear films too if you are worried about visibility,if you have Hid high beams then charcoal front tint can be a disaster at night(experience from using tinted Audi Q5).

My final opinion is go for reflective front tints if you cant cut for an expensive clear V-Kool(no privacy though),you mite have reflection of your dash board during the day but a safer option for the night(unless you drive with your interior lights on) [surprise]

Hope I have helped you guys from my experience!
These are my personal experiences & I do not want to oppose anyones views on this forum & all the tints I told you about were genuine not counterfeit as mostly used by some car showrooms & car accessory shops (please be careful).

I have installed Lumar on the sides and rear. 50% visibility on sides and 70% for rear. Garware coolcision 70% for the front windshield for front in my i10. Total cost was 2800/- ( 1100 for lumar sides and rear+ 1700 for garware coolvision for front). Both with certificate and sticker. Will post the pics in evening.

The front and rear films are so tranparent that you cant tell that the film is installed you can tell only by the watermark. But the heat rejection is good and it feels a lot of difference now when i enter the car after its parked in the sun for a long time.

The front and rear films are so tranparent that you cant tell that the film is installed you can tell only by the watermark. But the heat rejection is good and it feels a lot of difference now when i enter the car after its parked in the sun for a long time.
since your car is not heavily tinted on the other sides you do not notice the front tint when viewed from the exterior,as you can see front windshield on my car it appears dark once all the sides are tinted & congrats on your new car,you got the lummars for a bargain,did you get them done at the showroom or elsewhere?

Thanks Prads.

No I did not get them done at the showroom. The tints were installed at the accessories shop along-with the ICE setup and seat covers. And yes, the shopkeeper was a good guy and i got almost everything at very low price (I think so). I searched all the market, nobody was giving Pioneer 4390 UB below 5500 but this guy gave me for 4900 with bill and 2 years warranty.

Top Bottom