Share Pics of Your Car's Window Tints

Thread Starter #1
Like the title says, post pics of your tint. Post how dark your tint is and what brand tint if you know and also your tint %'s.

Im planning on changing my tints in coming week and I dont know how dark and what kind of tint to go with. I'm looking for that greenish hue.

My current window tints on alto (Front - 75%, Front Side Windows - 50%, Rear Side Windows - 35%, Rear - 50%)VT's,
it's local film and not branded for Rs.1400 in total

Attachments

Last edited:
Re: Share your window tints

1400 for non-branded?

it is quite high. my friend got local one for 550 from car hut, janakpuri and it was 35 % visibility all windows except windscreen.

Best to stick with brands like 3M, V-Kool, Llumar & Garware. Unbranded ones only look dark and don't do much to reject the heat.

I had opted for 70 % darkness.

But the cops in Goa were waiting for KA vehicles to be stopped and checking the documents.
When they didn't find any mistake, He fined me for dark tints.

So how can one explain cops that its RTO approved.
And the tint is allowed.
Here in karnataka no one is bothered about tints.
Is the tint of my car dark enough to attract cops.?

Why so in other states.
What's the motive behind this?

Attachments

Last edited:

I had opted for 70 % darkness.

But the cops in Goa were waiting for KA vehicles to be stopped and checking the documents.
When they didn't find any mistake, He fined me for dark tints.

So how can one explain cops that its RTO approved.
And the tint is allowed.
Here in karnataka no one is bothered about tints.
Is the tint of my car dark enough to attract cops.?

Why so in other states.
What's the motive behind this?
70% DARK is Illegal and no R.T.O can approve that !

And just because no one fines people in Karnataka doesn't mean its alright to use them.
And yes your tints are darker than what is allowed in the book.
I'll Just quote the Law here:

Central Motor Vehicle Acts Section 100. Safety glass-

(2) The glass of the windscreen and rear window of every motor vehicle shall be such and shall be maintained in such a condition that the visual transmission of light is not less than 70%. The glasses used for side windows are such and shall be maintained in such condition that the visual transmission of light is not less than 50% and shall conform to Indian Standards [IS: 2553-Part 2-1992];]

Last edited:

70% DARK is Illegal and no R.T.O can approve that !

And just because no one fines people in Karnataka doesn't mean its alright to use them.
And yes your tints are darker than what is allowed in the book.
I'll Just quote the Law here:

Central Motor Vehicle Acts Section 100. Safety glass-

(2) The glass of the windscreen and rear window of every motor vehicle shall be such and shall be maintained in such a condition that the visual transmission of light is not less than 70%. The glasses used for side windows are such and shall be maintained in such condition that the visual transmission of light is not less than 50% and shall conform to Indian Standards [IS: 2553-Part 2-1992];]
Thanks Jalex for that info.
But won't the sunlight burn you.
If you don't use sunfilm.
And the Goa Cop was leaving the vehicles heavily tinted Goa vehicles.
So it should have been applicable to him too.
What i am suggesting is why RTO is not approving these shades well before to the dealer/Manufacturer.
A prescribed level as per rules of Govt.
And this tint had been fixed in the dealership, which i had confirmed twice that whether it was RTO approved.
And then only i had got it fixed.

Well its all your luck buddy! I have seen few cars in Chennai with jet black tints too but still cops don catch them.

Yes , your tints are illegal and its better to be on the safer side always.

Your dealer has played with you!

According to me I think darker tints are allowed only for VIP people.
I too have to share an incident with you all.
Me with my friends went for a ride in his swift which had darker tints. So one cop caught us and we were stopped. We were all six boys in one car. So this cop told us that the tints are illegal and you will have to pay the fine and also you have to remove the tints to get the DL back. He gave us one week's time to do so.
Now this guy was like ready to pay the fine but he told that he will not remove the tints; either you take the fine or I will remove the tints w/o paying the fine.
Later after few talks I saw a white Fortuner with more darker tints than ours with a reg no 1. I pointed out to the cop and told to catch hold of that guy if you can. He refused to do so since he told that was big car with a VIP reg no and obviously he might be to some VIP. So at last after 45-50minuits of talk and chat, he left us after giving two warnings; one for the tints and one for illegal reg plate.(which was actually very very small with small and thin font![evil])

Can any one share a pic of a car with rto approved tints in all the glasses? Just for conformation and knowledge.[roll]

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks Jalex for that info.
But won't the sunlight burn you.
If you don't use sunfilm.
And the Goa Cop was leaving the vehicles heavily tinted Goa vehicles.
So it should have been applicable to him too.
What i am suggesting is why RTO is not approving these shades well before to the dealer/Manufacturer.
A prescribed level as per rules of Govt.
And this tint had been fixed in the dealership, which i had confirmed twice that whether it was RTO approved.
And then only i had got it fixed.
You can use lighter shades which come from reputed companies and have a U.V block and heat rejection properties. They wont burn you.

And about cops, They are also like other govt. authorities and unfortunately in our country act with a lot of discrimination.

And a defense such as " That guy is also doing it, if you are not catching him, why catch me? let me be. " never can save you. The question is always are you on the wrong side of the law or not.

And never take dealers or sun film fixers for granted. Even most of the authorities are not aware of the exact norms. I even know judicial officers who had cars with dark tints and had no idea that they were on the offensive and fixed matters once I politely made them aware of that.

I myself got a copy of the Central Motor Vehicle Rules and Motor Vehicle Act long before I even joined college, Just so that no one took me for a ride at any time. I guess every one who has a vehicle should have a copy with him or maybe it should be made mandatory by law or something.

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team

But won't the sunlight burn you. If you don't use sunfilm.
No, because there are some transparent sun films also available in the market from reputed brands which successfully help in rejecting the UV rays.

Can any one share a pic of a car with rto approved tints in all the glasses? Just for conformation and knowledge
This is the picture of my car which has sun film with 50% transparency.

Drive Safe,
350Z

No, because there are some transparent sun films also available in the market from reputed brands which successfully help in rejecting the UV rays.

This is the picture of my car which has sun film with 50% transparency.

Drive Safe,
350Z
350Z, Your car looks great with that shade of sun film. I actually like cars with lighter shade sun films. Somehow it makes the car look fresher.

@ Gears I don think even VIP'S are allowed dark tints , or are they? Only Jalex can answer this! BTW why don you tell your friend to switch to normal tints and legal plates? Normal tints can prevent your car from somebody rear-ending it!

Top Bottom