Sharayu Hyundai (Navi Mumbai) Fails to Keep their Word

Thread Starter #1
I wonder when would i get my verna. Would it be this year or when the petrol prices reach 100 bucks a litre? Buying a new car is like the most exciting moment and the wait between booking and finally getting your car is very agonizing. i bet all of yourll know the feeling to be so excited and then have that excitement watered down. well for me im so frustrated that i feel like i dont want my car anymore.

well heres what happened. i went to book my car on the 18th of august from sharayu since the showroom seemed good and was nearer and on the way home. At the time of booking my verna sx(O) petrol i was quoted a wait fo 2.5 months well that doesnt seem a long wait and so was fine with it. a week later the SE calls up and says that his seniors said they are allocating the petrol variants earlier and if i wanted my car in 2 weeks i have to make a full payment. after having inquired and he said i can have it in 2 weeks we made the payments and asked the bank to disburse the loan since we have a pre approved loan with our bank. after payments completed we were told within a week we should get our allocation which was supposed to be first week of september. after a week when we follow we are told within 2 days. then tomorrow, then day after and finally that SE is of to his village and we are told next week. speaking to a senior wasnt really help full though he was kind in speaking he gave us an assurance that by Wednesday which was last week he should give us the allocation. come Wednesday and he states Thursday. come Thursday he says ill let u knw by Saturday come saturday and he has no info check the dealer management system and it shows three vehicle same variant same color order date 16-9-11 was so annoying he started with excuses and asked for time till Monday noon which is today. Call him up an hour ago and dang you get a deja vu saying sir i got allocations of cars but your name aint there give me till Friday.

This is really annoying i wonder isnt it compulsory that a car be made available on a full upfront payment. guys please suggest me some further action.
and the rest Mumbai guys id suggest you be alert or deal with another dealership. Its annoying when your loan is running and you dont have your car yet and more then that having your excitement watered down.

Send a complaint mail to hyundai . Mention your story.Try to get as many as written documents.

350Z

Core Team
I’m sorry to know that. It is a pathetic attitude on their part. I have read many such cases where dealers secure themselves by minting full payment and keep the buyer hanging. You should immediately get in touch with the Regional Manager and other higher authorities of Hyundai about this issue. This post has a few E-Mail IDs: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ontact-information-directory-2.html#post10139

Drive Safe,
350Z

Sorry to hear that. When I took the TD of Verna the dealer quoted 1 month waiting period for petrol and 3 months waiting period for diesel. Infact I know a person who booked 1.4 diesel and got his car in 1 month even though the official waiting period told to him was 2 months.

Like Surfer suggested write a mail to the Hyundai guys and hope for the best. I know how much it sucks to wait for your new car but this car is totally worth the wait in my opinion.

Thread Starter #6
man the car is worth the wait but then these things ruin your mind totally and when they give loads of lies. his excuse today was that the car is in production and the guy who gives the allocation is sick. give me three days. at noon he says he got some allocations but my name aint in it.
50% is loan and as you know if i cancel it and go to another dealer i go in a few loses with the bank.

Well generally; for cars with such a high demand and waiting period these kinds of stuff is common; atleast I feel so. Be patient buddy, and atlast the beast will be in your hand soon. All the best.

Well generally; for cars with such a high demand and waiting period these kinds of stuff is common; atleast I feel so. Be patient buddy, and atlast the beast will be in your hand soon. All the best.
how can he be patient dude...dealer took full cash and promised delivery in 2 weeks but now its month!! why he asked full cash if has to deliver on same time??

nickandre, I stay in Navimumbai , sales experience is pathetic, till you make payment everything is fine, then they will start saying my senior has told me like that what shall I do.

I have booked my I10 during last week of may, when I told sales guy to show me the vehicle as I can pay the amount on the same day through bank loan, he said it takes 2 weeks to arrive from chennai. Then I have booked by giving advance of 25000/- saying inform me when vehicle arrives, I got a call after 5 days saying vehicle has just arrived pls come with full payment so that RTO process can be started. Next day I went there with little more than full payment (keeping accessories in mind), after making payment I have asked him to show the vehicle.

I was surprised to see the vehicle with full of dust and mud, I was sure vehicle didn't come yesterday and insisted on dealer copy and compared with VIN on the vehicle, since 25 days it was lying there, when I blasted him for lying he tried to tell me that he told what seniors have told. No use of fighiting, I took delivery. Other issues I have faced were

1) Bank name was wrong in receipts- got it corrected
2) Getting refund of extra money paid took more than a month
3) Handling at RTO office was not good, had to apply leave
4) I was not convinced about Insurance part.

I advised many of my friends to goto Modi Hyundai, even its far off

how can he be patient dude...dealer took full cash and promised delivery in 2 weeks but now its month!! why he asked full cash if has to deliver on same time??
What else do you expect him to do now? Cancle the booking and take the whole money and go to another dealer and wait for another 3-5months? Now come on dude; you know he has paid the full money and he will get the car soon.
That is the reasons no dealer will give in writing the exact date of delivery.

Thread Starter #11
nickandre, I stay in Navimumbai , sales experience is pathetic, till you make payment everything is fine, then they will start saying my senior has told me like that what shall I do.

I have booked my I10 during last week of may, when I told sales guy to show me the vehicle as I can pay the amount on the same day through bank loan, he said it takes 2 weeks to arrive from chennai. Then I have booked by giving advance of 25000/- saying inform me when vehicle arrives, I got a call after 5 days saying vehicle has just arrived pls come with full payment so that RTO process can be started. Next day I went there with little more than full payment (keeping accessories in mind), after making payment I have asked him to show the vehicle.

I was surprised to see the vehicle with full of dust and mud, I was sure vehicle didn't come yesterday and insisted on dealer copy and compared with VIN on the vehicle, since 25 days it was lying there, when I blasted him for lying he tried to tell me that he told what seniors have told. No use of fighiting, I took delivery. Other issues I have faced were

1) Bank name was wrong in receipts- got it corrected
2) Getting refund of extra money paid took more than a month
3) Handling at RTO office was not good, had to apply leave
4) I was not convinced about Insurance part.

I advised many of my friends to goto Modi Hyundai, even its far off
i actually was deciding to go over to modi but then its far. These guys at sharayu just dont get scared by threats. I had got a quote for insurance 0% dep which is 5k less. they say you cant take from outside show us quote well compare when questioned if your quote is 70k and outside is 35k then? they say still you cannot and regarding rto too its 8k less if we do on our own yet they say they'd give us receipts. Theres a purple one lying in the yard they offered me it i declined then 4 days back he said he can give me a silver when i visited their showroom i saw a new display verna silver checked its vin and manual it was got on same day when he offered me silver. Todays latest excuse is my car is in production, 'come on !' it takes 19 hours for one car and if one allocation guy is sick wheres the other logistic guys.

What else do you expect him to do now? Cancle the booking and take the whole money and go to another dealer and wait for another 3-5months? Now come on dude; you know he has paid the full money and he will get the car soon.
That is the reasons no dealer will give in writing the exact date of delivery.
modi hyundai offers to give me a car in 2-3 weeks if i make my down payment which is 50% during booking. But then getting a refund takes a month. having the bank process this is complicated and i will incur some losses.
but dude being patient is making them take us for granted they know that we are at their mercy.
anyways im gonna go there and ask him for some good discount or upgrade the audio.
waiting for a month is like waiting by just paying the booking amount. when you payfull you expect to be given priority. we guys give our chevy to nikhil auto and when cruze launched they said they could give us the car with free accessories that to in a week with just booking amount. Even servicing is quick there.
as for now as i get my car my service wont be at sharayu but either kaizen , modi or shreenath

Last edited by a moderator:
Well these kind of delays can be expected when the car is launched newly in the market , dealers in most cases don't keep up their words.

While booking my Aria i was told a waiting period of only 6 weeks but i had to wait more than 2 and half months to get the car , and remember the Aria was not in high demand like the Fluidic Verna is now. Just be a little more patient , you have no other go. Hope you get the car this month atleast.

Thread Starter #13
mate my car has been dispatched after irritating the dealer im getting it on monday

Mods: as the issue is sorted the thread can be closed or the title changed thanks

350Z

Core Team
Thanks for the update, Nick. We’re keeping this thread open so that others also can discuss similar issues (if any) about this dealership in future.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom