Setting Up ICE in Maruti 800: Need Help

Thread Starter #1
Hi all,

I have a 2011 Maruti 800 A/C and I would like to install a music system for the same.

My requirements are basically as below,

Head Unit: Should support CD/DVD Play, FM Radio and USB Port (Not sure about AUX)
Speakers: I do not have much idea about different type of speakers/tweeters/woofers, but would like to get a decent quality one.

Budget: Range of 5K - 10K (including both).

Is it possible to get a good music system with above mentioned budget?

Also, I don't find any place let out for putting speakers in the front and also for mounting the Head Unit.

Please suggest some brands for both Head Unit and Speakers to fit within the range specified.

Thread Starter #2
Re: Help needed in setting up ICE for Maruti 800

> Your Car: Maruti 800 A/C

> Budget Range: 10K Max

> Looking For (Full Setup, Head Unit etc.): Full Setup

> Preferred Brands (If any): None

> Preferred Music Genre: Movie songs

> Existing Audio Setup: None

> Misc. Details / Specific Questions: Any recommended shops near Gottigere/Anjanapura/Bannerghatta Road in Bangalore for setting up the car with ICE ?

Hi all,

I have a 2011 Maruti 800 A/C and I would like to install a music system for the same.

My requirements are basically as below,

Head Unit: Should support CD/DVD Play, FM Radio and USB Port (Not sure about AUX)
Speakers: I do not have much idea about different type of speakers/tweeters/woofers, but would like to get a decent quality one.

Budget: Range of 5K - 10K (including both).

Is it possible to get a good music system with above mentioned budget?

Also, I don't find any place let out for putting speakers in the front and also for mounting the Head Unit.

Please suggest some brands for both Head Unit and Speakers to fit within the range specified.
Hi Puneetugru,

Your looking for a Head Unit/Source Unit, front speakers and rear speakers. I would suggest a Pioneer head unit, Polk 4" or 5.25" front coaxial speakers and JBL 6X9 rear coaxial speakers. Mount rear 6X9 in separate speaker box for maximum effect.If you buy from Snapdeal use code AUTO10 and you will get 10% off from these prices.

Head Unit - Pioneer - DEH 1590UB - Cost - 4503Rs/-

Pioneer - DEH 1590UB CD Receiver - Buy Online @ Snapdeal.com

In case of front speakers i think M800 can mount only 4" speakers.

Front Coaxial Speakers - Polk Audio DB401 4'' Coaxial Speakers - Cost - 3135Rs/-

Polk Audio - DB401 - 4'' Coaxial Speakers (Pair Of Speakers) - Buy Online @ Snapdeal.com

But do inquire if you can mount 5.25" or 6" speakers.

If 5.25" speakers can be mounted then go for this

Polk Audio - DB521 - 5.25'' Co-axial Speakers Cost - 4165Rs/-

Polk Audio - DB521 - 5.25'' Co-axial Speakers (Pair Of Speakers) - Buy Online @ Snapdeal.com

Rear Speakers - JBL - GTO 949 - 400W 6''x9 '' 3-Way Coaxial speaker Cost - 3791Rs/-

JBL - GTO 949 - 400W 6''x9 '' 3-Way Coaxial Loudspeaker (Pair Of Speakers) - Buy Online @ Snapdeal.com

Prices at local accessories shop in your city might vary slightly. Do inquire in multiple shops and always insist on warranty.

Regards,
Sankar

In the front only 4" speakers can be mounted in the dash.You can use tweeters on the dash.

If you want to use larger speakers in the front, you will have to mount them in the doors.

In the rear they can be put in boxes and kept in the boot or a parcel tray or in the rear hatch.For the rear 6x9's are the best.

In the front only 4" speakers can be mounted in the dash.You can use tweeters on the dash.

If you want to use larger speakers in the front, you will have to mount them in the doors.

In the rear they can be put in boxes and kept in the boot or a parcel tray or in the rear hatch.For the rear 6x9's are the best.
Most 4" and 5.25" are low powered compared to their 6.5" counterparts. If 6.5" could be mounted then it would be the best.[:)]

Regards,
Sankar

Sankar, this is the 800 we are talking about.If he wants to fit it in the dash 4" and tweeters on top of the dash.

In the doors you can fit the 5.25 and 6.5" ones.But that will need some modification.

Thread Starter #7

Hi jarpickle and SankarNarayanan,

Thanks a lot for your replies [:)].

I visited two shops which do ICE setup for cars and I got below options from them.

1. Dapic Head Unit: Supports AUX, USB, CD and HD card: Price 3600 - 1 Year Company Warranty
2. Pioneer Head Unit: Supports AUX, USB and CD: Price 5200 - 2 Year Company Warranty
3. Pair of Mini Tweeter: Price 400 - 1 Year Warranty (Dealer Warranty, Not Manufacturer's [;)])
4. TS-20 Tweeter: Price 2200 - 1 Year Company Warranty
5. Pair of Side Pads at the back for 6X9 speakers: Price 650 - Did not ask about Warranty
6. Front 4" JBL Speakers: Price 1400 - 2 Year Company Warranty
7. 6x9 JBL 300 Watts Pair of Speakers: Price 3800 - 2 Year Company Warranty
8. Infinity 6X9 Pair of Speakers: Price 4000 - 2 Year Company Warranty
9. 6X9 Pioneer Pair of Speakers: Price 2500 - 2 Year Company Warranty

Apart from these, I asked for Front Gear-Box Console too and for which the quote was 350.

Apart from these, no other charges for wiring & fitting and fitting will be done in 1-2 hours.

I could not get Polk Audio Speakers[anger] at both the dealers.

I want to opt for 1, 3, 5, 6 & 9 and console gear box.

Are Pioneer speakers OK quality ones (I know they are not up to the level of JBL, but if they are average ones I'm fine with them too) ?

Please let me know your views.

I visited two shops which do ICE setup for cars and I got below options from them.

1. Dapic Head Unit: Supports AUX, USB, CD and HD card: Price 3600 - 1 Year Company Warranty
2. Pioneer Head Unit: Supports AUX, USB and CD: Price 5200 - 2 Year Company Warranty
3. Pair of Mini Tweeter: Price 400 - 1 Year Warranty (Dealer Warranty, Not Manufacturer's [;)])
5. Pair of Side Pads at the back for 6X9 speakers: Price 650 - Did not ask about Warranty

Apart from these, I asked for Front Gear-Box Console too and for which the quote was 350.

Apart from these, no other charges for wiring & fitting and fitting will be done in 1-2 hours.

Are Pioneer speakers OK quality ones (I know they are not up to the level of JBL, but if they are average ones I'm fine with them too) ?

Never heard of brand called Dapic. I would suggest stick to Pioneer HU. Regarding speakers my opinion is both JBL and Pioneer perform almost identically. Go for either on. You won't be disappointed. But do watch out for fakes ones from China. Do insist for manufacturer warranty with seal.

Regards,
Sankar

Prices quoted by you for HU are quite high.You can get a basic pio/sony/blaupunkt HU with cd/usb/aux at 4k.Dont go for dapic HU as its a chinese made-delhi rebranded stuff.
IMO stick to basic branded equipment.Unbranded stuff can ruin the whole experience due to bad sound quality.

Puneet, the Dapic one is not that good, I would suggest you to go with these options

2, 6 and 9. I was using a Pioneer basic head unit with Pioneer oval speakers - the best ICE in that price range (max about 7K for basic Pioneer Head Unit + 2 tweeter + 2 oval speakers)

Thread Starter #11

Prices quoted by you for HU are quite high.You can get a basic pio/sony/blaupunkt HU with cd/usb/aux at 4k.Dont go for dapic HU as its a chinese made-delhi rebranded stuff.
IMO stick to basic branded equipment.Unbranded stuff can ruin the whole experience due to bad sound quality.
Hi Petroholic,

As the dealer is not taking any fitting/cable charges, I guess they are quoting high prices [;)]

Hi Puneet, where are you put up Bangalore ..

Here is our regular accessory shop contact number. Call them and ask the prices.
Apsara Car Decor - 9845244453

Thread Starter #14
Puneet, the Dapic one is not that good, I would suggest you to go with these options

2, 6 and 9. I was using a Pioneer basic head unit with Pioneer oval speakers - the best ICE in that price range (max about 7K for basic Pioneer Head Unit + 2 tweeter + 2 oval speakers)
Hi ss80,

Today one guy told me one strange thing, that if I use Head Unit's like Pioneer/JVC, I'll not be able to use CD which is created by me, i.e., it supports only original company made CDs. [lol]

I found this fact amusing...

Thread Starter #15

Hi jarpickle,

Here do you mean only tweeters are sufficient for the front ? i.e., if we get a 6"X9" Oval Speaker at the boot space, do we actually need 4" Speakers at the front or only the tweeters will do the job ?

My intention is just have a decent music system with decent sound quality and no headaches for anyone sitting inside the car. [:)]

Top Bottom