Servicing Your Car – Checklist, Tips and Tricks

Re: Servicing Your Car – Tips and Tricks

My swift petrol k-series is due for service on 18th/19th feb. Can you guys please tell me what to expect or take care during second service.
During my first service nothing was changed or added, just cleaning/washing was done of the entire car/engine.

Regards

350Z

Core Team

Thanks for bumping this thread up! I’m also going to get my car ‘thoroughly’ serviced tomorrow. Any suggestions are most welcome.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #18

Hey 350z I was just wondering why don't u sell your m800 and get a new car?I mean today its resale value is not bad but later it will be..

My swift petrol k-series is due for service on 18th/19th feb. Can you guys please tell me what to expect or take care during second service.
During my first service nothing was changed or added, just cleaning/washing was done of the entire car/engine.

Regards
*second service

I wanted to edit my post but i am unable to see the edit button. [sleep]

350Z

Core Team

@ SunnySwift Just check out your manual , it will be mentioned clearly what will be done during second service. Make sure they don do anything more than that and charge you more!

@ 350Z When was the car last serviced and at what ODO reading? And also what is the current reading now?

350Z

Core Team

How much has your car clocked? I think Maruti Suzuki recommends engine oil flushing in every 20,000 Kilometres.

@ 350Z When was the car last serviced and at what ODO reading? And also what is the current reading now?
My car has done approx 26,500 Kms on the odometer. Have done the servicing now, and a fair amount of improvement can be observed. I will post the details of servicing here for the reference of others.

Drive Safe,
350Z

My car clocked just 1900 kms in 6 months because i am the only one who drives car and that too to my college and home, sometimes going out with family or friends.

In my second service they did everything as mentioned in the service manual but apart from that they did - wheel balancing and also added a fuel additive. Do you think were these two things even necessary?

want to ask one thing . when ever i take my safari to ASS they always flash engine before putting new engine oil . does it necessary to do it everytime .

You mean engine flush? Are you talking about the additive which is used to empty the oil completely?

As for the engine flush, it is a process in which the engine is cleaned of sludge and other elements that build up in parts of the machinery during their prolonged use. But i dont think it is required every now and then. Its better to get it done every 20k kms. Basically it help the engine remain relatively clean and thus perform better.

You mean engine flush? Are you talking about the additive which is used to empty the oil completely?

As for the engine flush, it is a process in which the engine is cleaned of sludge and other elements that build up in parts of the machinery during their prolonged use. But i dont think it is required every now and then. Its better to get it done every 20k kms. Basically it help the engine remain relatively clean and thus perform better.
ya i mean engine flush :stupid:

hmm but these ASS people do it everytime i take it there and charge around 1700 for it . so i was thinking of saving those charge next time :tongue: but didn't wanted to damage my engine if it is that much important

ya i mean engine flush :stupid:

hmm but these ASS people do it everytime i take it there and charge around 1700 for it . so i was thinking of saving those charge next time :tongue: but didn't wanted to damage my engine if it is that much important
Yes, that is indeed the Engine flush which they have been doing. The general cost of flush here is about 1850 bucks.
Anyways don’t get it done so frequently. It isn’t harmful, but it is not needed. You can get it done every 15k kms for smooth running of your engine.

My car clocked just 1900 kms in 6 months because i am the only one who drives car and that too to my college and home, sometimes going out with family or friends.

In my second service they did everything as mentioned in the service manual but apart from that they did - wheel balancing and also added a fuel additive. Do you think were these two things even necessary?
Any query regarding this?

Wheel balancing isnt compulsary and beware, the A.S.S sometimes just charge for that even though they dont do the balancing. Also its better to get the alignment and balancing done at some reputed tire shop.
As for the additive, some dealerships do use it to flush up the oil from the engine compartment. They normally do so before putting in the new oil. How much do they charge you for the oil additive?

Wheel balancing isnt compulsary and beware, the A.S.S sometimes just charge for that even though they dont do the balancing. Also its better to get the alignment and balancing done at some reputed tire shop. As for the additive, some dealerships do use it to flush up the oil from the engine compartment. They normally do so before putting in the new oil. How much do they charge you for the oil additive?
Thanks for your reply. I have attached the invoice please take a look.

Attachments

Top Bottom