Servicing Your Car – Checklist, Tips and Tricks

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: Service interval and waranty

I wanted to know if the service interval for 2nd or 3rd.... so on, are calculated from the date of purchase or from the date of last service..

My Verna was purchased in August 2016. Second service/10k done in April 2017. The 3rd service has to be done in april 2018 or is it ok to have it done by August 2018 to ensure there are no issues with the warranty.
It is calculated from date of purchase. I got my Tigor in August 2017, the 2nd free one was done on 13 Feb 2018 i.e 6 months after purchase and the 3rd Free one is due in August 2018 i.e 1 year or 15K Kms from date of purchase.

Regards

Akash

Re: Service interval and waranty

I wanted to know if the service interval for 2nd or 3rd.... so on, are calculated from the date of purchase or from the date of last service..

My Verna was purchased in August 2016. Second service/10k done in April 2017. The 3rd service has to be done in april 2018 or is it ok to have it done by August 2018 to ensure there are no issues with the warranty.

Car has run around 15k now and is not being used for the past 4 months as I am in USA. It wont be driven much in the next few months apart from few short drives
As others mentioned, service is dependent on duration (3 or 6 months) and the no. of kms, whichever comes first.

However, given the fact that your car is not being used for a prolonged period, i would encourage you to visit service centre just to get an inspection to see all is well. They might not even ask you to change the oil!

Top Bottom