Servicing Your Car – Checklist, Tips and Tricks

Vw polo Service

Hello,
My VW polo 1.2 petrol is going for first service so i just want to know about avg. cost/do's and dont's for the service.
Waiting for your reply.

Re: Vw polo.

How many kilometres has it clocked?
1st service is mostly washing and vacuuming. U may make a list of issues you might havd faced. (Hope you haven't).
They might cajole you to get underbody rust prevention done. But it's way better if done outside .

Re: Vw polo.

^^Saarji VW already gives 6 years anti corrosion warranty. Why to bother of anti rust coatings when your anti corrosion warranty is strong enough?

10000 KM service

Hi all,
my car (Indica eV2 diesel) is approaching 10k on the odo.
What all things are taken care of in this service routine?
And what will be cost it will incure?
Is it okay to ask to change the engine oil and coolant in front of me?
Any particular brand recommended?

Thanks in advance.

Car Service related Queries

Hi,
Normally in and around the automotive world, Oil change interval for a Car is maximum one year.
But, Do you all think that i neccessary for a 4000 to 5000kms ran car which is having a service interval of 15000 kms normally?

In service centers they are pushing us to the limits to replace the parts by creating a fear among the owners. For instance, Timing chain intervals.
Normally Timing chain will be replaced in 60000 to 100000 kms. But that is only just a norm given by Car manufacturers based on the tough testing they have done. If a person is driving the car with in 100 all the time, and his engine is butter smooth after 100000 kms also, why service center guys are pushing the owners to change it immediately.

Whether there is no technology to identify the timing chain status? My friend i having a Dezire and he drove 140000 without a timing chain replacement and the engine is still doing good.

So This thread is normally to know about the ideas from you all which will help everyone.

Skoda Octavia 1.9 TDI (2008 model)

My skoda octavia clocked around 55000 KMs. can anyone suggest about the regular service. Please suggest on when change the timing belt and clutch disc. Appreciate if someone can share the service manual.

Maruti Service station, Kolkata

Hello friends

I am a first time car owner and bought my Alto 800 vxi about 2 years back. I availed all the free service as per the service schedule detailed in the manual. The car is driven for about 7500km, which is not that much. Now it seems that time has come for a paid service. As I do not have much experience regarding cars and and it servicing, I would greatly appreciate if fellow members would be kind enough to advise me on this matter.

I have two options, either go for Maruti Authorized service centres or a third party garage. Which one would be better? In either cases, please recommend MAS or third party garage in Kolkata. My preferred location is North and South-East Kolkata. There is one at Duttabagan (near Belgachia), but I am not really happy with their work or service(done one body related work).

Secondly, Maruti has launched a MCP (maintenance cost protection) programme, and I have received the quotes for the same. Unfortunately I am not really sure whether that is going to be a cost effective option. Please suggest on this matter too. I can provide the figures quoted here, if required.

I generally use the car for city driving and planning to take it out on the highways once in a while.

Thank you.

Re: Maruti Service station, Kolkata

Hi Roy,

As long as an authorized service center is available, JUST GO THERE. You can give business to local third party guys, once your car has crossed 1,00,000 km or 7-8 years.

To decide the service center, just go thro this Google Maps link:
https://www.google.co.in/maps/search/maruti+service+centers+in+kolkata/@22.5029883,88.2751397,10z

People have given ratings to A$$ in above.

BTW, your signature line is interesting. What Camera / lens gear have you got ? We have dedicated threads in TAI on DSLR & Photography. Just check them out and pump in your contribution.

Re: Maruti Service station, Kolkata

BTW, your signature line is interesting. What Camera / lens gear have you got ? We have dedicated threads in TAI on DSLR & Photography. Just check them out and pump in your contribution.
Thank you for your suggestion. Actually, my experience with paid service with Maruti stations are not that great (premiere car world), hence I was thinking about third party garage.

Actually as links are not allowed in the signature, I could not post the link to my portfolio. Here is the link: http://www.500px.com/sriroyc
I hope sharing this link here is allowed. If not, I would request a moderator to remove it and in that case I offer my apologies for the inconvenience.

Can someone please point out the pros and cons of MCP and also share their experience?

New Maruti Dzire 2017 1st Service?mandatory?

Hi, I have purchased all new Maruti Dzire zxi+ a month back, now its 1st service is due as per Maruti suzuki service maint. schedule.
My running is almost around 350km (far lesser than 1000km) & its within city only. I am new to the cars world, so is it really mandatory to do this 1st service?
What would be the charges incurred. Thought its saying as free service, but at the end, you will always find some bucks charged to you when you service your any vehicle from dealer service center. So what can be those charges?

Please help, if anyone can put a focus on it.

Thanks,
Amit

Service interval and waranty

I wanted to know if the service interval for 2nd or 3rd.... so on, are calculated from the date of purchase or from the date of last service..

My Verna was purchased in August 2016. Second service/10k done in April 2017. The 3rd service has to be done in april 2018 or is it ok to have it done by August 2018 to ensure there are no issues with the warranty.

Car has run around 15k now and is not being used for the past 4 months as I am in USA. It wont be driven much in the next few months apart from few short drives

Re: Service interval and waranty

As fas as i know, The service interval is dependant on both,the kms and time,whichever comes earlier. so most probably the service centre will calculate from your last service date.
You can check the manuals for detailed break-up of service schedule for your Verna.

Top Bottom