Servicing Your Car – Checklist, Tips and Tricks

Re: Pre & After Service Checklist & Tips !

One question though is it necessary that all stock tires should have the same date of manufacture?
Not 100%. There may be difference of upto 3 months (considering the plant stock for specific variants / slow moving variants)

Also is there any personal identification for the tyre as a coincidence there might be cars for service for around same time and tyres might have different wear and tear .
So in the name of tyre rotation one gets the tyres from other car?
This is quite possible. My SE from maruti used to paint the vehicle number on tyre sidewall (inner side) But I never checked them before taking delivery [evil]

Not 100%. There may be difference of upto 3 months (considering the plant stock for specific variants / slow moving variants)

This is quite possible. My SE from maruti used to paint the vehicle number on tyre sidewall (inner side) But I never checked them before taking delivery [evil]
Yes that is true i have seen them mark the tires & mats,as for stock tires that come with the car they are usually within few weeks of each other so that will give you some pointers i dont think they vary by months,but despite the precautions(its possible thanks to the number of cars coming in they wont do this also) my new unused spare tire was swapped with someone elses run down tire along with one more tire on the car,so what i written in the checklist is from experience.

My Swift has 3 tires from from March 2008(That is around make date of my car also) & remaining 2 swapped tires are from November 2007,you can read my recent experience post number 45,50 & 55 at the given linkhttp://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/indian-auto-news/4911-debate-end-road-maruti-suzuki-dominance-4.html

good write up and really helpful, i noticed that with taking the inventory while opening the job cards, the guys don't properly mention most of the minute things, like air fresheners.
on my car i have 2 stock tweeters and 2 more added the guys always write 2 out there.

secondly its wise to check the car along with the advisor when he is marking dents, scratches etc. And while receiving the car counter check with the markings on the job card and on the car, many people don't do this.

dear experts .
my swift dzire vdi is due for a 5th paid service on completion of 30 thousand kms or three years which ever is earlier as per the car manual. my car has run only 24 thousand kms but is completing three years in june by which time it will not clock more than 25 thousand. should i wait for 30 k kms since the car is out of warranty and servicing is going to be paid or do lubricants and tightening / checking have a time tag. please advice. thanks.

oil deteriorates with time, hence manufacturers specify a time interval or km interval. if its been one year then change it, check the oil if its thick then it needs to be changed.
at the same time check what the manual tells about your 30k km servicing like what needs to be replaced.
like on my verna on the 30k service we need to replace gear oil,coolant,spark plugs fuel filter. So check whats recommended and do that.

my swift dzire vdi is due for a 5th paid service on completion of 30 thousand kms or three years which ever is earlier as per the car manual. my car has run only 24 thousand kms but is completing three years in june by which time it will not clock more than 25 thousand. should i wait for 30 k kms since the car is out of warranty and servicing is going to be paid or do lubricants and tightening / checking have a time tag. please advice. thanks.

I feel it would be easier if you can tell when was the last time oil was changed that is how many months back,anyways keep making sure once in a while the oil level stick has not lifted up as these are the main ways for oil to get contaminated over time,its a common issue in all cars thanks to our roads [thumbsup]

then you can do it in june. cause the oil will really loose out some of its properties with time. even if you used it for a few km. but can stay unused in the can much longer.

@ EDWINERAJ

Since it will be a year stay on the safer side then get it changed but no harm if you delay the service by a month like July perhaps so dont bang your head too much about it.
But Maruti service advisor will tell you that changing oil wont be necessary,so you must insist & have them note it down that oil change must be done,as i sent my petrol swift for service some 3000km before oil change they failed to do so,then i ended up sending it again for a oil change 4 months later & got unnecessary bills.

sometimes the service centre guys cheat up. like I've seen a few people believe that 5000km change is good, even though oil seems fine, what they then do is drain a bit of the oil and top up and charge entire. thats why i find a normal roadside mechanic better, get the oil and original oil filter, pay him 70-100 bucks and over that if you wish have them do a tune up they charge 200-300 for it includes spark plug cleaning and regap, air filter cleaning, throttle body cleaning with spray. Works done under your eyes and your assured you get what you paid for, these guys even let the oil drain for a longer time, then the service centre who wait a minute or two after the oil has poured out. And then overfill.
and since your not in warranty change the oil don't listen to the service guys that its not necessary as they will be waiting with a smile to fix your engine if anything goes wrong.

Last edited:
What I Want to Do on My alto k10 service

Hello Friends,

my alto k10 recently 17614 km up. now i want to service it. so what i want to do, what i want to change on it, please tell me. waiting for your reply.

Thanks In advance. [:D]

Last edited by a moderator:
Maruti EECO, 3rd free service. Is oil & oil filter change imperative ?

Hi guys,

My Maruti EECO is 1.5 years old and is pending its 3rd free service.

The vehicle has only done 1700km. The guys at the service station say that during 3rd free service they should replace the oil filter and engine oil. Is this imperative or are they just trying to pull a fast one on me.

I dont want to to do this just because they want to bill me for some oil and an oil filer.

Plz do let me know. What elase should i ask these guys to check during the 3rd free service.

Thanks

what job would i make it with my swift zxi.

Hi Friends, I am planning to give my swift(P) for service on maruti workshop , I clocked 17k kms. My swift is going to be completed 2 year on this Nov. So As company's periodic maintenance schedule, i need to give it for service just cover engine warranty.
So My question is,

What kind of job would i have to make it with engine ?

I changed engine oil on 10k kms Mobil 1 Synthetic. Do i have to change oil again before time schedule ?

Do i need to clean fuel injector ?

Do i need to make wheel alignment - wheel balancing ?( No problem with alignment or in steering )

If you have thoughts about other job which i compulsory need to make with my swift, so Please let me know..

I do not trust on maruti work-shop team when time comes to service car there.

Re: Maruti EECO, 3rd free service. Is oil & oil filter change imperative ?

Hi guys,

My Maruti EECO is 1.5 years old and is pending its 3rd free service.

The vehicle has only done 1700km. The guys at the service station say that during 3rd free service they should replace the oil filter and engine oil. Is this imperative or are they just trying to pull a fast one on me.

I dont want to to do this just because they want to bill me for some oil and an oil filer.

Plz do let me know. What elase should i ask these guys to check during the 3rd free service.

Thanks
Hi, it seems your car usage is very less, 3rd free service ever every 10000 kms or 1 years whichever is early. According to me, You should change oil filter and engine oil. cause there might be impurities and carbon mixed up with engine oil cause engine is still new. inside of parts get friction as much as engine comes over in normal use. and there are some gas also mixed up with engine. it's good for engine to change oil at 3rd service. cause already 1 year completed.

Top Bottom