Service Records for Maruti Suzuki Owners

Thread Starter #1
Mods, i was not allowed to post a new thread in the Automotive library section. Please move this thread to appropriate section.

My question is, can we get the complete service records from Maruti Udyog about our vehicle? Just like CarFax in U.S.

Since what I have seen when you visit a M.A.S.S they enter the job details on Maruti Udyog website hosting an oracle application (since i too am into oracle i knew what platform that screen was built using).

Did anybody tried this before? Please let me know the procedure.I am planning for an ownership review of my car and wanted to share the ctp (cost to person) with all, since I dont have all the checks with me for the vehicle service I have done.

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
Re: Service records for Maruti owners

Since what I have seen when you visit a M.A.S.S they enter the job details on Maruti Udyog website hosting an oracle application (since i too am into oracle i knew what platform that screen was built using). Did anybody tried this before? Please let me know the procedure.I am planning for an ownership review of my car and wanted to share the ctp (cost to person) with all, since I dont have all the checks with me for the vehicle service I have done.
Good question. Since I mostly stick to one authorized service station for servicing my Maruti - I used to think that they preserve the record for their own branch only but if it’s for all cars in Maruti Suzuki network, then it’ll be very helpful for various purposes. You could try asking if they will provide the details of your car.

Mods, i was not allowed to post a new thread in the Automotive library section. Please move this thread to appropriate section.
The Automotive Library is article-specific section. Please read here for more.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #3

Thanks for clarifying on the Automotive Library section. I only had 1 service done outside my preferred dealer. But the preferred dealer says only the managers have the grants to see a vehicle service record and they share it only when there is a dispute not else.

Last edited:

I am not sure whether they will give you a copy of the history, but service history of a car can be viewed at the Authorized service center. There are chances that one my not stick to a single authorized center, but even then the service record of the vehicle is registered with the Company.

All the maruthi's authorized service is networked and the details of all the cars are saved in a central server. This I found when one of my friend who was using the car in delhi shifted to Bangalore. when we went for service we could see all the service records in the system and where it was serviced last.
This is only the case of maruthi and not for Hyundai. Hyundai only has the details when viewed in that particular service center where the car has been serviced.

Thread Starter #6

Yes they connect to maruti network via VPN and then open a centralized application to enter the job card. The sad part is, they wont share it unless some conflict happens. Have to find some friends who are resourceful and get those records for me :wink:

350Z

Core Team

I strongly believe that a service like Carfax must exist in India, because ours is a nation with very high-rate of used car trading. In fact, it will be even much better if manufacturers themselves can provide the reports for their own cars by charging a slight premium. It’ll definitely come as a relief and prevent unnecessary hassles which are typically faced by almost every second hand car buyer.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #8

+1

But not all mfrs have integrated networks like MUL.One thing I have seen AFAIK with the maruti's that they prepare a job card even for an oil change which is good. And if something like carfax comes up the used car market for maruti's will be a hot cake as a person can get service record for even an oil change!!.

350Z

Core Team

+1

But not all mfrs have integrated networks like MUL.One thing I have seen AFAIK with the maruti's that they prepare a job card even for an oil change which is good. And if something like carfax comes up the used car market for maruti's will be a hot cake as a person can get service record for even an oil change!!.
Yeah. For sure. Slowly but steadily, India has been transforming in the automobile sector. I’m sure the day should not be far when someone will break the ice by targeting on this niche too.

Drive Safe,
350Z

All the maruthi's authorized service is networked and the details of all the cars are saved in a central server. This I found when one of my friend who was using the car in delhi shifted to Bangalore. when we went for service we could see all the service records in the system and where it was serviced last.
This is only the case of maruthi and not for Hyundai. Hyundai only has the details when viewed in that particular service center where the car has been serviced.

I don think so buddy. My Verna is a used one and it was previously serviced at DSC Hyundai. When i went to KUN Hyundai for service , on request they showed me the entire service history of the car.

Getting Service History online

Hi,

Is there any way to check Hyunda car service history online.

I have i20 crdi magna.... I want to know how much i have spent on my car.

So, is there any ways to get hyundai service history online.

Thanks.

Sorry the late response.

Maruti has a central system connected to VPN but somehow they have not connected the same to the customer login, under the customer loin on their website you only get the next service due details.

but if you are friendly or can make friends with the service advisor they have a complete history.

Even ford has a central system but again the system is not like maruti it updates once in a day or at the will of the serice center its a standalone app. Tata has something like maruti but its a hopeless software and is purely MS depended with heavy active x.

The trick is to get in touch with service advisor and take the control of his pc and quickly export the report which is available.

Top Bottom