Senors and Senoritas!

Thread Starter #1
What's up fellow automotive fans?

I've been an avid follower of this forum for sometime, but decided to take the plunge. There's definitely a rich amount of information, support and advice for all things automotive related out here, and I can't get enough!

I'm from Bangalore, work for myself and I go about town in my loyal 9 year old Wagon R which has served me well all these years! First car ever , and I love it (though it's time for a bit of a change- more on the relevant thread). Though the need for more power has bitten me, I've refrained all these years, and settled for things like making swoosh and wroom noises with my mouth while driving, much to the ire of my fellow passengers.

Outside of automobiles (Which I am no expert at ,unlike many of you folks out here), I also have a strong passion for music and sports (pretty much all sports outside of golf). I especially love football, and I am sure I'll find some fellow football fans out here too.

As for my username - I always loved the concept of "escape velocity" from my XI standard physics, and that coupled with a forum that talks about automobiles, why not! [:)]

Hope for many great interactions here ! I will be posting a question about a possible future purchase in the relevant sub-forum that I'll link to out here in a bit. I would greatly appreciate your opinions!

Take care and drive safe!

Escape Velocity

Welcome on board EV if i can say that, nice choice of username as well.
Surely WagonR has been serving many indian familes for a long long time now and still is counted as family hatch with maruti .

Welcome aboard EscapeVelocity. I must say you have got a very nice handle there, reading you intro post even I remember being fascinated by the concept of EV when I read it first. Wishing you a great time on TAI.

Thread Starter #4
@Vijay, Thank you! You're spot on about the Wagon-R . I remember test driving it, and found it to be such a quirky, strange little car that I couldn't decide if I loved the design or hated it! I test drove other cars during that phase and my heart always came back to the Wagon-R, and I decided that it was the car for me. Over the years, it has really more than exceed its humble promises!

@negativeCamber : thank you for your words! That makes the 2 of us then as fans of the EV concept!

Hello EscapeVelocity,

Welcome to this onboard. It always feels nice to welcome a guest turned member, especially since you have virtually been a part of our community for so long.
How about introducing your loyal pet to us? We would love to read about your ride. Start up a new thread in the Ownership review section whenever you feel like.
Enjoy your stay. Cheers!

@EV

Welcome to TAI !! and nice meaningful username buddy !!

Nice to know about your interests and passion. All of us will be glad to help you for your new ride in future.

So, tell us what you like about TAI and what made you to become a member here[:)]

350Z

Core Team
I've been an avid follower of this forum for sometime, but decided to take the plunge. There's definitely a rich amount of information, support and advice for all things automotive related out here, and I can't get enough!
Welcome aboard. Nice to meet another like-minded person. I just replied to your thread in The Automotive Shopper section. Have a fantastic experience here. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #9
@Akash: Thanks bro! I definitely plan to do that (new car review hopefully!), but I have to read up a lot from so many of you and ensure that the review is comprehensive, useful and informative! Still a total newbie!

@Krish_go - thanks man!

@Gurrala74 - thank you ! As for your question- I've been following this forum for quite a while now (probably from late last year!). I've always had a strong interest in cars, but once I found this forum, it took the interest to a new level altogether! I think what makes this place special is the people in this forum - the way an individual writes about a vehicle. It is earnest and insightful. Then of course, everyone pitches in , and the wisdom of the crowds help people learn more and make better decisions! Most of all , I've learned to appreciate this machinery!

@350Z - thank you sir! I will respond to you on the other thread! :-)

Very Warm Welcome to TAI escape velocity.
I hope you go ballistic in your trajectory at TAI - look forward to your active participation.

Have a nice stay here

Best Wishes
IR

Hi EscapeVelocity, welcome to TheAutomotiveIndia.com,

That was a nice intro of yours and your explanation on your beloved Wagon-R is great!

Have a pleasant stay and please feel free to contact the team for assistance. [:)]

Top Bottom