Selecting Best Car Body Covers

Thread Starter #1
Hello All,

I'm looking for car body cover made of Dupont tvyek material for my Ford figo, please share details of price and availability in Bangalore.

Source: Tyvek® Residential Vehicle Covers:

Anybody from Delhi aware of Coverwell body covers?
.:: COVERWELL ::.

Note: I didn't find any threads related to car body cover, if any existing threads related to car body cover please merge this post/thread.

Thread Starter #2
Re: CAR Body Covers

I use car only on weekends, all my effort and time for washing car go in vain within a day or two. Desperately looking for some good car cover which can protect from UV rays and water resistant.

I use car only on weekends, all my effort and time for washing car go in vain within a day or two. Desperately looking for some good car cover which can protect from UV rays and water resistant.
Well on that front car covers cannot protect it from UV rays.
Well if you want a branded one, you can get it on J.C.Road.
There are many tarpaulin stores on the stretch just besides Central Bank of India J.C.Road.
You can get quality covers there.

Frankly speaking buy any car cover; its enough. I have brought around 8-10 covers for my DZire in past three years; out of which four were stolen the next day.

I cover my car daily as soon as I get out of the car; or my car comes home because my car is parked on a busystreet where C grade people live nearby full of slums and all.
Also there is a Municipality School nearby so there is a huge crowd of morning and afternoon section going and coming from school; giving scratches to all the cars.
Thirdly there is no fixed parking here. We have to park the car where ever we get space. Many times the car has to be parked under a tree where crows drops goodlucks to the car.
Also there is no washer man in our area so I have to wash the car myself.

So, I feel a body cover is very useful for a car; weather it is used daily or weekly. I would suggest any kind of body cover for the car.

Thread Starter #5
Thx Mukesh i'll try in J.C.Road.
@ Geares1313 - Even I've experiencedthe same when car parked under tree, blessed with lots of goodlucks :(

350Z

Core Team
Re: Hello Everyone at TAI (^_^)

My car in the Custom made TT jacket for her...... guess the car guys
Audi Q3. Congrats on new ride. Your customized car cover looks strikingly awesome. It’s time to uncover the car and show us more images along with a review soon.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Friends,

Beware for cheap quality covers, as they leave marks on your car body paint while dressing and undressing.

Try to buy with the authorised car dealer though the price is bit costly or from any good shop and check its material should be smooth

I got OEM body cover for my Alto 800 costs around 890/- but the quality is not that great. I am planning to buy some with velvet surface underneath next time.

My car in the Custom made TT jacket for her...... guess the car guys
Hi,
That cover is fantastic, is is soft material at the bottom? where dpi you get it from?

Thanks..

Frankly speaking buy any car cover; its enough. I have brought around 8-10 covers for my DZire in past three years; out of which four were stolen the next day.

I cover my car daily as soon as I get out of the car; or my car comes home because my car is parked on a busystreet where C grade people live nearby full of slums and all.
Also there is a Municipality School nearby so there is a huge crowd of morning and afternoon section going and coming from school; giving scratches to all the cars.
Thirdly there is no fixed parking here. We have to park the car where ever we get space. Many times the car has to be parked under a tree where crows drops goodlucks to the car.
Also there is no washer man in our area so I have to wash the car myself.

So, I feel a body cover is very useful for a car; weather it is used daily or weekly. I would suggest any kind of body cover for the car.
Thats terrible, try putting 2 car covers on the car, should give it better protection from the crazy kids [evil]

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, till now I was using my old car cover for my sparky. It does n't fit correctly and will be hanging on floor always. Now I thought of buying a new cover which exactly fits for Spark. Gone thru and found various brands starting from Rs.300 to Rs.1500. Can some one tell me good brand. So that either i can buy directly in the market or online.

Friends,

Beware for cheap quality covers, as they leave marks on your car body paint while dressing and undressing.

Try to buy with the authorised car dealer though the price is bit costly or from any good shop and check its material should be smooth
RK sir, do you have any specific brand in mind which could be smooth (smoother means wont it get worn out easily?)

I think covers bought from dealers should be of good quality. Then cover I bought when I purchased swift in 2007 is still with me. The quality is good that I used it for Ritz and now for Estilo too and did not fade much. Its enough to take care of basic needs as we need to, anyhow, remove the covers in a day or two.

As an alternate option, how about purchasing material from market and getting it stitched? Won't it be a cheaper option while maintaining desired quality? [thinking].
This is because ready made covers won't fit on the vehicle exactly unless bought from dealer.

I think covers bought from dealers should be of good quality. Then cover I bought when I purchased swift in 2007 is still with me. The quality is good that I used it for Ritz and now for Estilo too and did not fade much. Its enough to take care of basic needs as we need to, anyhow, remove the covers in a day or two.

As an alternate option, how about purchasing material from market and getting it stitched? Won't it be a cheaper option while maintaining desired quality? [thinking].
This is because ready made covers won't fit on the vehicle exactly unless bought from dealer.
Srini, do we have tailors here in Chennai for stitching car covers? even if we want to buy material where to buy and what material to buy (even though i prefer readymade one, just asking).

If we go to dealer it will be very costly (i know the quality will be good) but I would like to go for online or accessories shop/online one (may be the medium quality, not very costly at the same time not very cheap)

Srini, do we have tailors here in Chennai for stitching car covers? even if we want to buy material where to buy and what material to buy (even though i prefer readymade one, just asking).

If we go to dealer it will be very costly (i know the quality will be good) but I would like to go for online or accessories shop/online one (may be the medium quality, not very costly at the same time not very cheap)
Sethu, what I told was based on experience with another tailor near to my home, who stitched covers for my two wheeler earlier (does for cars too). He charges a bit more but does a neat job. Not sure he where he exactly got the materials from but somewhere near vicinity of Parrys/Sowcarpet. His shop was taken over an year ago by Reliance group and he has shifted.

Last edited:

Top Bottom