Secure Your PC and Data

Thread Starter #1
I found some informative images which helps you to secure your PC and Data. Even though there are some sentences in Hindi, since there is English meaning I have just posted.

aefdcggj.jpg

aicefhji.jpg

caicabba.jpg

chhejheb.jpg

dccbejfg.jpg

350Z

Core Team
I found some informative images which helps you to secure your PC and Data.
Funny images but convey a useful message at the same time. Sometime ago, I called up a software engineer to fix some problem on my PC which has a single password protected user account. I was shocked to find that he simply logged in without knowing the password. How did he do it is a still a mystery for me.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #3
Funny images but convey a useful message at the same time. Sometime ago, I called up a software engineer to fix some problem on my PC which has a single password protected user account. I was shocked to find that he simply logged in without knowing the password. How did he do it is a still a mystery for me.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Genrally while installing your operating system, during the cource it will ask for administartor password. notmally noone bother to provide one. Sogenrally SE try logging in as administrator and if there is no password he can simple log in.

i think he should have used that way.

Still those are very useful in various methods.

• Using different pw for differnt system is very useful. genrally if any one password is cracked, it will be easy for hacker to open all accounts if same PW is used.
  • Unathorised SW usage is good for your system. Otherwise system might behave funnily some times. Some time data loss also might happen
  • For any important matter [Photos, any scaned documents, important mails] to have a back up in multiple sources[Minimum two] is safer than anything. I lost huge size of photo contents sometime back,from then I have all my photos [Mostly my only required content] in two DVDs as backup
  • having pw in alpha numeric with a special character will give tough time to hackers. Sample Welcome@123

Being in the industry i feel those are really worth.

The loss of personal information from a breach at an online service can by compounded when we use the same username and password combination for multiple online accounts.
Here are some safety tips:
• Do not use the same password for all your online accounts. Consider a password management program such as LastPass (free at LastPass - Password Manager, Form Filler, Password Management) or 1Password (https://agilebits.com/onepassword) to keep track of all the logins for your online accounts.
• Use passwords that are difficult to guess. A long string of random letters (upper and lower case), numbers and special characters is the least likely to be compromised. You can create this, and still remember it, by using the first/last letter of each word in a sentence and including some numbers and special characters.
• Change your passwords at least every six months.
• Beware of websites that ask you to type in your password to see if it has been stolen. These can be scams to steal your account information!

can anything be done for my external HDD? that is essentially my backup and that crashed and i lost about 90-100 films, 3000 songs and about 1000 pics dated from 2002. that was a horrible incident. so now i want to be extra precautious.

Thread Starter #7
To my knowledge, we can be provactive and have a back up if the original goes wrong. But you can not have a backup for backup. Generally people will have 2 backup it it is huge.

• Small things like photos, documents can be kept safely in your mail [there are some stable free emails like yahoo, gmail and allows you to store unlimited data].
  • Photos can be stored as back-up in your social networks like FB, Twiter etc as additional backup.
  • Movies kind of things to my knowledge we might not need a backup since most of the movies are now available for download anytime. Just my opinion.

I think that is the maximum I can think of.

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
Small things like photos, documents can be kept safely in your mail [there are some stable free emails like yahoo, gmail and allows you to store unlimited data].
I don’t think Gmail has unlimited storage. It has limit of around 10 GB.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #9
I don’t think Gmail has unlimited storage. It has limit of around 10 GB.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Oops. sorry for the wrong info. Yes Gmail has limited storage. But I believe We can have decent quantity of backup in that also.

Top Bottom