Second Innings With Tata’s Finest - Hexa XTA in Tungsten Silver

Thread Starter #16
Awesome ownership review, as usual. Congrats on new ride!
Thank you for the kind words @350Z.
Congrats for your new Hexa.Very crispy pics,and very detailed review.
Thank you for the wishes and appreciation.
I liked all of your pics but the 1st pic of your second post is the best.It shows that headlights (and not the bonnet)actually make the borders, after the bonnet is finished 2 inches earlier.Nice design and beautiful car.
Indeed, the evolution of the design with these touches in the new Impact design language looks really good.
Congratulations on your new ride.[cheers]
Thank you for the wishes @Nairrk.
Congratulations @A.G.
Beautiful Car
Loved your superbly written and detailed ownership review[thumbsup]
Thank you for the wishes @SilverEyez.
Hearty Congratulations...!!!
Thank you @Chetak.
The Hexa is indeed one well engineered vehicle which deserves to sell much more than it does. Hope your review sways a few fence sitters in the right direction.
Tata Motors indeed deserve all the praise for the fantastic ride, features and build quality.
The one thing that I would call cost cutting however, is the omission of ESP & TC.
It’s even more surprising when manual variants get it and only the automatic does not.
Congrats on buying one of the best AT vehicle available in the market!
Thank you @ksdr.
Have been through the same journey as yours, was a Aria owner before.
Terrific coincidence.
I would suggest you to buy a good TPMS as soon as possible since with the low profile tyres driving with less pressure will damage the side walls. I am very particular about tyre pressure and till date haven't faced any tyre issue till now.
That was the first thing to be ordered post the Hexa purchase. Still on it’s way.
This delay in acceleration is the characteristic of this gearbox where the torque converter takes a wee bit delay in power delivery. This happens when we shift to D from N and give throttle immediately. But if we stop in D and then take of in same mode no issues. I got this doubt clarified from a service engineer and he explained that the torque converter has to get sufficient fluid pressure to transfer power. But this delay does reduce once we pile some KM's.
In the scenario I am facing this lack of power, I am already in D mode. Accelerating right after coming to a stop over even after crossing a speed breaker at crawl speed in D mode, the hesitation in power delivery, especially after experiencing the over enthusiastic gearbox, is a disappointment. To compare, the Endeavour over the same speed breaker on the way to my office has instant power delivery and on rare occasions even does a rear wheelspin despite being AWD.
Wonderfully written buddy. It was a pleasure interacting with you and glad to know the overall experience with the dealer was brilliant.
Thank your Reporter saab for all the help, especially for going the extra mile by visiting the showroom and yard on multiple occasions despite your schedule.
Some wise man once said never say never!
I can imagine after the Aria how much strength is needed to plonk in 2 million rupees on this.
But as i was always saying Hexa is worth it, its a tata product i really wish to own - wish you many many safe miles !
Thank you @Iron Rock for the wishes and it was your inspiration that I could have taken the step to buy a Tata again.

bhvm

Honoured Member
1. Congrats AG on the new humble beast. I never thought you would get another TATA but time heals wounds, doesn't it?
2. You are right about Hexa NVH observations. Its far smoother and silent than my Dicor 4x4. In Idling, its very quiet and easy to miss it inching close up to you.
3. TATA is known for its stupid tomfoolery to remove features. What all did your hexa miss other than the Gearbox cover?
4. Any Highway runs with FE calculations you did?

Congrats once again!

Last edited:
Thread Starter #18
1. Congrats AG on the new humble beast. I never thought you would get another TATA but time heals wounds, doesn't it?
Thank you @bhvm. I hope the service experience is also better now.
3. TATA is known for its stupid tomfoolery to remove features. What all did your hexa miss other than the Gearbox cover?
Apart from the stone guard below gearbox, it is missing quite a lot - goggle case, roof rails, passenger airbag switch & it's indication, pre-silencer, power socket in boot and separate ICE manual.
4. Any Highway runs with FE calculations you did?
Only 1 highway run so far and in that the FE as per MID was 11.2 Kmpl over 170 kms.

absolute spot on in finding even the missing screw on the plastics!what an eye for detail and definitely why not when you have paid for the product!
one thing i'm curious to know if there is a setting to completely turn off mood lighting in the vehicle?
my bad found it does have a feature to turn of mood lighting in one of your pics [clap]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #21
absolute spot on in finding even the missing screw on the plastics!what an eye for detail and definitely why not when you have paid for the product!

my bad found it does have a feature to turn of mood lighting in one of your pics
Missed that missing screw during PDI[frustration]. You can turn on / off the mood lighting separately for front and rear or both combined.
Its Very nice Review
I also Own Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium 2017 Model and recently brought Innova Crysta 7 Seater.
Thank you @Sudd. Any mods done to the Endeavour?

Heartiest Congratulations on your purchase. As a Tata Safari owner, I am sailing in the same boat and was looking at the next logical upgrade - The Hexa.

The Dealership experiences were quite varied. The local dealer was adamant on dictating his terms on the most important factor of how old vehicle would be provided upon booking – they couldn’t even provide in writing that a vehicle manufactured with-in 3 months would be provided. Their best offer was a 2018 manufactured vehicle and upon explicitly asking if they got a 01 Jan 2018 manufactured vehicle from the plant, the response was I will have to buy it.
I am however stuck in a situation similar to what you have mentioned above. Had paid the initial booking amount to the dealer stating I don't need a car older than November and do confirm the month of manufacturing before getting it shipped. Despite regular chasing with the dealer, he chose to share the VIN only a day after the car was dispatched from the plant. It being a August manufactured vehicle I have declined to accept it and take it's delivery. The whole episode of Tata pushing a vehicle which has been standing in the plant for over 4+ months and not offering any sort of AMC which ensures that a customer will be covered on replacement of any parts (plastics/rubber/etc) that could've been impacted, not sure if I will be able to go through the journey of booking a Hexa. Looks like it will be Tata Safari to some other vehicle now.

Missed that missing screw during PDI[frustration]. You can turn on / off the mood lighting separately for front and rear or both combined.

Thank you @Sudd. Any mods done to the Endeavour?
Hi AG
I have not done any Modifications on Ford Beast till date,But have Added Cruise Control on its Brother Toyota Fortuner 2.8 4X2 MT

Attachments

Thread Starter #24
Heartiest Congratulations on your purchase.
Thank you @GuneetAnand.
It being a August manufactured vehicle I have declined to accept it and take it's delivery. The whole episode of Tata pushing a vehicle which has been standing in the plant for over 4+ months and not offering any sort of AMC which ensures that a customer will be covered on replacement of any parts (plastics/rubber/etc) that could've been impacted, not sure if I will be able to go through the journey of booking a Hexa. Looks like it will be Tata Safari to some other vehicle now.
Dealers have very less in their hands as the allocation is done by Tata Motors. Did you try raising this concern with Tata Motors for a fresh vehicle?
I have not done any Modifications on Ford Beast till date,But have Added Cruise Control on its Brother Toyota Fortuner 2.8 4X2 MT
Good to know that you have both Fortuner and Endeavour. I guess the white protective film from the rear door window was not removed during PDI.

Thank you @GuneetAnand.

Dealers have very less in their hands as the allocation is done by Tata Motors. Did you try raising this concern with Tata Motors for a fresh vehicle?
Hi @A.G. , I did reach out to TATA Motors but more so for the refund of booking amount. In parallel was looking for a pre-loved/owned Tata SAFARI Storme as I was still in love with my existing Safari Dicor. Chanced upon a pre-owned Hexa XT which had just run over 5000 KMs and took the plunge.

Initial impressions, I am loving the car. Just got it serviced from Hartron motors as a paid service (the earlier owner had not even gone for the first free service and all the vouchers had expired). The vehicle has some small damage induced by rats who have cut off the wires to reverse parking sensors (The camera is working fine) and one of the tyres has a puncture on the side wall.

Just have a few questions for you:

1. Given that you too appear to be residing in NCR, which service station do you prefer? Not sure if I can recommend Hartron Motors as of now, since out of two complaints I informed them during the service only half could be attended to, to my satisfaction (It can be due to the reason that staff was in a rush to leave on occasion of it being choti holi in Gurgaon). No software update for auto folding of OVRM was carried out. I will be visiting them today to get it done and resolve the pending issues. If all goes well, will surely share my experience with them, but for sure I couldn't spot a person who was a master with everything Hexa. HiTech motors service station in Faridabad where I got this vehicle checked before buying it appeared more knowledgable.
2. For the ambient lighting, is the light available in read section beamed from small leds on the door or there are lights present under the front seats that light up the second row area? Are there ambient lights for third row as well?
3. What standard accessories do you recommend? The foot mats are of poor quality, so I am surely going to upgrade those. Have you gone for 7D mats and a TPMS?

Thread Starter #26
Chanced upon a pre-owned Hexa XT which had just run over 5000 KMs and took the plunge.
Congratulations on getting the Hexa. Is it 4x4? Which colour?
1. Given that you too appear to be residing in NCR, which service station do you prefer? Not sure if I can recommend Hartron Motors as of now, since out of two complaints I informed them during the service only half could be attended to, to my satisfaction (It can be due to the reason that staff was in a rush to leave on occasion of it being choti holi in Gurgaon). No software update for auto folding of OVRM was carried out. I will be visiting them today to get it done and resolve the pending issues. If all goes well, will surely share my experience with them, but for sure I couldn't spot a person who was a master with everything Hexa. HiTech motors service station in Faridabad where I got this vehicle checked before buying it appeared more knowledgable.
With the Aria, the services were done by Concorde Motors located on Mathura Road. While some people have moved on, I remember the head technician is still there. Surprising that you had such an experience at Hartron Motors as it is one of the most recommended workshop.
2. For the ambient lighting, is the light available in read section beamed from small leds on the door or there are lights present under the front seats that light up the second row area? Are there ambient lights for third row as well?
For Rear ambient lighting, the module is fitted on the door just above the bottle holder. There is no ambient lighting in 3rd row.
3. What standard accessories do you recommend? The foot mats are of poor quality, so I am surely going to upgrade those. Have you gone for 7D mats and a TPMS?
Accessories which I got from the dealership were door visors and side steps. The after market side steps have had rattling complaints. Mats are still the original rubber mats which I plan to change soon. TPMS with OBD2 HUD has been added which I got from AliExpress.

Congrats AG sir. Brilliant car, brilliant review. I always tried for rental Hexa as I love the car so much but always had to settle with XUV or others.

Thread Starter #29
First Inspection Report

The first inspection of 2500 Kms or 3 Months was carried out in April 2019. There was an initial hick-up when the dealer didn't give appointment and later informed that the grace period of 7 days has elapsed and that the inspection would be paid. Tata Motors was prompt in resolving the issue and getting the inspection carried out using the coupon itself. During the inspection, the auto-folding mirrors were enabled to fold when vehicle is locked and unfold when the key is rotated to ACC.

T1_1.jpg

T1_2.jpg

ORVM Automatically Folding

ORVM automatically unfolding

Thread Starter #30
First Service Report

The first service of 10000 Kms or 6 Months was carried out in June 2019. Again this was sort of an inspection as no oil change was involved. The same could have been better performed as it was surprising to note that the check points mentioned in the owners manual like scanning with scan tool, greasing propeller shaft, etc. were not known to dealer as part of their service process. This came to light when they were going to charge for lubrication of door latches which is clearly mentioned as one of the things to do in the service schedule and the same is covered by AMC. Overall, Tata Motors was quick in resolving the matter and getting the inspection done in the manner as listed in the manual.

Top Bottom