Seat Ibiza Spied Testing in India

Thread Starter #1

AMG

Suspended
What is ironical is the fact that the car is running on European numberplates.
However from the background, you can easily make out this is India.

Source: MotorBeam

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
The car is good looking, I must say. Where was the car spotted? It might be a consulate owned car. If not, its undergoing testing.

Hmm... i guess its under testing.

Since small cars are popular in our country, many manufacturers are on their way here. [clap]

Thread Starter #4

AMG

Suspended
The car is good looking, I must say. Where was the car spotted? It might be a consulate owned car. If not, its undergoing testing.
It was spotted in Mumbai
If it was a consulate owned car, it would be bearing an Indian number.

350Z

Core Team
At present, it can not be said whether Volkswagen has any plans to introduce the Seat brand in India but I’m sure, at least this is not at all a test car. More chances are that it could be a private import or an embassy vehicle.

Drive Safe,
350Z

I don't think this is a test car and I don't think Seat will come to India for that matter.
Even if Seat doesn't come to India, it could be a test car. Seat might be testing it in Indian conditions for places with similar terrain or rough testing.

If its a private/consulate car, it would have respective number plates. Like Arkin said, it could be tough condition testing or some other market.

350Z

Core Team
If its a private/consulate car, it would have respective number plates.
Not necessarily that does mean, I've sighted a few Santa-fe and such imports with similar number plates roaming around especially near embassy area which makes the thing little clear and certain.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #12

AMG

Suspended
Update 2

This car was seen at ARAI headquarters

Source: BurnYourFuel & MotorBeam

ARAI HQ? Then its definitely not a consulate car or an expat's car. It is most probably a test mule, as said I earlier. BTW, how can we be so sure that this isn't a rumor?

The same thing happened with earlier Golf which was spotted. People thought it was a test car but later came to know that it belonged to VW office and was under import. I do not know whether the same golf is being talked about recently.

Also this looks like the 2009 model of Ibiza. The 2011 model has got either an "Ecomotive" badge or the "ST" badge.

350Z

Core Team
The same thing happened with earlier Golf which was spotted. People thought it was a test car but later came to know that it belonged to VW office and was under import. I do not know whether the same golf is being talked about recently.

Also this looks like the 2009 model of Ibiza. The 2011 model has got either an "Ecomotive" badge or the "ST" badge.
Yes, and here's the link to thread on Golf - http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...lkswagen-golf-spied-india.html?highlight=golf

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom