Seat Covers For My Swift

Thread Starter #1
My swift is due delivery tomorrow. Thing is, it has black interiors & black cloth seats. My query is

1) suggest a good brand of seat covers. Should i go for just about any or get them custom made?
2) suggest a good colour combination to go with the jet black interior. I want a lighter colour as black seat covers will make the interiors look congested. But biege seats may look odd and lighter colours are difficult to clean. My car is glistening gray exterior

Ameyam

My swift is due delivery tomorrow. Thing is, it has black interiors & black cloth seats. My query is

1) suggest a good brand of seat covers. Should i go for just about any or get them custom made?
2) suggest a good colour combination to go with the jet black interior. I want a lighter colour as black seat covers will make the interiors look congested. But biege seats may look odd and lighter colours are difficult to clean. My car is glistening gray exterior

Ameyam
Congrats on your buy. Wish you smiles of miles ahead.

I would suggest Artificial Leather which may cost about 4 - 5K for Swift. It's less expensive, can clean quite easily, and can change after 3 - 4 yrs considering the cost.

If you have silver touch in the interiors, try Black and Silver combination. That looks good and have the same for my Figo. Beige always looks great and upmarket, but as you said, will look extremely odd if the interiors aren't the same.

It totally depends on how much you want to spend on it.

Seat cover can start from Rs. 3000 and can go up till Rs. 40000. Cost wise the look and feel will also differ.

Normally a fair quality of art leather starts from 0.8mm which cost you around Rs. 5000, for 1mm may cost you around Rs. 7000 and 1.2mm may cost you around Rs. 9000.

Also the price may vary depending upon the dealer, city and design.

If you are thinking of pure leather seat then it may start from Rs 20000. But this will require to give your car for a day to take measurement and then the fabric covers will be removed and the leather fitting will be done. Yes but if it is done in proper way the way it looks is awesome.

Autoform, Stanley, Orion etc. are some of the good companies

Thread Starter #4
I don't have a silver touch interior. Though I am looking for it but the MGA interior styling kit is rather expensive at 6K

Do you have any pics of the interior of your Figo? There are silver + black seats available- I have seen a lot of designs on ebay ans snapdeal (not buying from there, just looking for the design) but most have more of black and less of silver. Have a look below. I intend to have any design I like replicated from a known source so I get good stuff. My budget outlay is about 6k

http://www.snapdeal.com/product/bardi-pu-leather-car-seat/967011019#bcrumbSearch:car%20seat%20swift|bcrumbLabelId:313

http://www.snapdeal.com/product/glo...bcrumbSearch:car seat swift|bcrumbLabelId:313

http://www.snapdeal.com/product/glo...bcrumbSearch:car seat swift|bcrumbLabelId:313

Primium Quality CAR Letheriate Seat Covers FOR Maruti Suzuki Swift Coral 2 | eBay

Primium Quality CAR Letheriate Seat Covers FOR Maruti Suzuki Swift Quilt 3 | eBay

CAR Seat Cover Luxury Range Leatherite Swift NEW Model | eBay

Ameyam

Last edited:
Do you have any pics of the interior of your Figo? There are silver + black seats available- I have seen a lot of designs on ebay ans snapdeal (not buying from there, just looking for the design) but most have more of black and less of silver.
Here you go!

252944_235362809813266_3832131_n.jpg

253754_235362836479930_5308598_n.jpg

262189_235362779813269_161428_n.jpg

264804_235362859813261_1359180_n.jpg

As you said, buying these online don't make much sense, unless you get a deal like steal. You need to touch, feel, match and get it done in person. Also ask them to remove the seats and install the covers for better perfection. Mine was done without removing the seats though.

Thread Starter #6
Actually thats the thing- mostly black seats- they make the interior look darker & smaller

Ameyam

Thread Starter #7
Few more options

http://www.snapdeal.com/product/global-kars-elephant-comfy-griege/1688256154#bcrumbSearch:swift%20seat%20covers|bcrumbLabelId:313

http://www.snapdeal.com/product/glo...umbSearch:swift seat covers|bcrumbLabelId:313

http://www.snapdeal.com/product/hi-...umbSearch:swift seat covers|bcrumbLabelId:313

http://www.snapdeal.com/product/glo...umbSearch:swift seat covers|bcrumbLabelId:313

http://www.snapdeal.com/product/lea...umbSearch:swift seat covers|bcrumbLabelId:313

http://www.ebay.in/itm/For-Maruti-S...=IN_Car_Accessories_Parts&hash=item3cea628c6b

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Primium-Qual...=IN_Car_Accessories_Parts&hash=item4adc604abd

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Primium-Qual...=IN_Car_Accessories_Parts&hash=item33958062b7

http://www.snapdeal.com/product/bar...umbSearch:swift seat covers|bcrumbLabelId:313

I liked the look of the 3rd from the top and the last three. Not sure how they will look in the car though. I wont buy jute though it breathes because any oil will work its way into the cloth seat underneath. I know this good trimmer in Koliwada and he will advice me best material to go for and I leave it to him as to whether he wants to take the seat off or do it up in place.

I am looking for suggestions from fellow users for colour combinations. This post also lists the options in one place so I can show them to the trimmer. As you may have already noted, I am more inclined towards a grey + black or silver + black combination as that will not heatup in the sun as much as full black and will add spacious feel.. I will, of course, buy after seeing the sample and the material besides the look and feel

Ameyam

Last edited:
Actually thats the thing- mostly black seats- they make the interior look darker & smaller

Ameyam
True indeed. But, we are left with no choice as the interiors are Black! Beige interiors and seat covers will make the same space look more roomy, though it's tough to maintain.

Thread Starter #10
I went with a silver black combination from Hitech. Picture is attached

Sorry for night time pic. My car has a weird rattle from the dealership. I took it back today to check and they confirmed. Sounds like a part of the exhaust pipe header is rubbing on the body or tank. However, being diwali, they dont have the man power to resolve it right now. They asked to bring it on Monday or Tuesday to resolve the isuse

Ameyam

Attachments

Hi Ameyam. Congrats on the Swift.
The seat cover design is nice. However, sorry to say that, but the fitment is lousy. As far as the picture shows, I can see that the covers have not been properly fitted on the passenger seat, at least.

How much did they cost you? Did you get them fitted at the MGA Dealer only?

OT: Why rattle on such a new car? I have, touchwood, completed 9540 kms on my 9 month old Ritz without a single rattle. I guess it would be a small problem that might have cropped up. But, why didn't they ask you to come on Friday, Saturday or Sunday? I don't think there are offs for service stations on these days.

Thread Starter #12
I see your point with the crease on the passenger side. Will check and give it a tug. Should be able to sort it. In the last couple of days I did see a number of other fitment issues. I am not going back to that shop again, especially after the installed speakers with wire ties- I got that fitted properly elsewhere.

The rattle audible on the first day even in standing idle, wasnt there in standing on the second day (yesterday)- it was there just in acceleration. Then I dont recollect hearing it in running as well at night yesterday while driving either. I think the exhaust header below the car may have been rubbing against the body work- thats where it was coming from and the frequency was the same as the engine. May be a small problem- they have agreed to fix it. There is a extended warranty they are to honour anyway

Sai service Mumbai is usually closed for 4 days in Diwali. Still I believe they are still delivering cars with a skeletal technician staff yesterday and today. So they suggested next week.The executive is now a friend also. But I am trying to get them to fix it on Sunday. That way I can be personally present to verify. There is also a issue in the rear passanger side pillar trim where the black and white trim panels have not mated properly. Also, the installer has damaged the top dashboard panel, the one with the AC vent and the caution button - when he was installing the stereo. I am going to see if the service centre can also replace that panel- at my cost of course if its not too expensive. Its small damage but is in line of sight, so I will try to get them to change the panel

Ameyam

I see your point with the crease on the passenger side. Will check and give it a tug. Should be able to sort it. In the last couple of days I did see a number of other fitment issues. I am not going back to that shop again, especially after the installed speakers with wire ties- I got that fitted properly elsewhere.
You should try and give it a tug, because it is not looking nice and plays a major role in the looks of your car interior. You can name the shop and its details so other TAI members and readers can be ware of the shop, and going through what you have gone through because of their mistake.

The rattle audible on the first day even in standing idle, wasnt there in standing on the second day (yesterday)- it was there just in acceleration. Then I dont recollect hearing it in running as well at night yesterday while driving either. I think the exhaust header below the car may have been rubbing against the body work- thats where it was coming from and the frequency was the same as the engine. May be a small problem- they have agreed to fix it. There is a extended warranty they are to honour anyway
Leave alone extended warranty, the standard warranty is still on the car. Maruti has to bear the cost even if it is a large problem (I hope it is not a major one). BTW I thought that warranty becomes void if you get anything installed other than MGA and MGPs at the dealer. For me, it was the reason to go for a top end variant as the ICE setup at the dealer was costing Rs. 18,000 (excluding labour charges).

Sai service Mumbai is usually closed for 4 days in Diwali. Still I believe they are still delivering cars with a skeletal technician staff yesterday and today. So they suggested next week.The executive is now a friend also. But I am trying to get them to fix it on Sunday. That way I can be personally present to verify. There is also a issue in the rear passanger side pillar trim where the black and white trim panels have not mated properly. Also, the installer has damaged the top dashboard panel, the one with the AC vent and the caution button - when he was installing the stereo. I am going to see if the service centre can also replace that panel- at my cost of course if its not too expensive. Its small damage but is in line of sight, so I will try to get them to change the panel
Yes, it is better to get the work done under your presence as some untrained workers can mess things up and be really RUDE to the car.

Well, I recalled an incident, when I went to take delivery of my earlier Ritz after the first service, I heard booming bass where the serviced cars were parked. It was my car, and my 1-month old music system (with 2DIN HU, Comps, Co-axials, Mono Amp, 2 Ch Amp, JBL Basstube; total worth around 35k) was being trashed (Volume 34 (Max), Bass settings changed to full) on some stupid song of theirs! Gave them and the S. Incharge some good words and left.[frustration]

You should have thrashed that installer at that time only. You can try some polishing to make it less-visible for the time being. I don't think replacing the entire panel makes sense. If you are talking about the silver panel above the AC vents, then the cost wouldn't be much, if it is the black part of the dashboard, then the cost may be higher.

EDIT: Some more photos of the interiors please!

Last edited:
Thread Starter #14
Hi,

I gave it a tug and the crease is gone. Just the velcro is slightly loose

I drove the car around 5km last night. Didnt dodge any pot holes. The idea was to specifically look for that rattle. It isint there now. However I will get the MASS to have a look for what was rattling to preempt any future problems

I dont want to name the shop where they did the interior work just yet. I have spoken to the owner and they have agreed to address the issue. However, they can only fix the seats. Also noticed claw marks on the rear seat which he will resolve. But thats all they can do.

The panel I am referring to is the dashboard top panel which includes the AC vents. Its the one the idol is stuck to in this picture and will need to be replaced as a whole. If can be done, I will get it done. Its in line of sight when you sit in the car. Not only is it scratched but also ajar and the other mechanic (who refitted my speakers with MDF rings) also couldnt reseat it properly. There may be some cost involved but it will be better for the car.

Attachments

Hi,

I gave it a tug and the crease is gone. Just the velcro is slightly loose

I drove the car around 5km last night. Didnt dodge any pot holes. The idea was to specifically look for that rattle. It isint there now. However I will get the MASS to have a look for what was rattling to preempt any future problems

I dont want to name the shop where they did the interior work just yet. I have spoken to the owner and they have agreed to address the issue. However, they can only fix the seats. Also noticed claw marks on the rear seat which he will resolve. But thats all they can do.

The panel I am referring to is the dashboard top panel which includes the AC vents. Its the one the idol is stuck to in this picture and will need to be replaced as a whole. If can be done, I will get it done. Its in line of sight when you sit in the car. Not only is it scratched but also ajar and the other mechanic (who refitted my speakers with MDF rings) also couldnt reseat it properly. There may be some cost involved but it will be better for the car.
Nice to hear that the crease is gone. Yes, it is better to get the issue checked at MASS, as it may occur again.

The panel would be costly I guess, as it is a larger one than the silver panel (just above the vents). However, if it is visible easily, get it replaced as you would have to see the scratched panel every time you sit in the car. Blame it to my low-res laptop or my bad eyesight, but I'm not able to locate the damage on the panel clearly!

It is bad on the part of the installer who has left that ugly gap while re-fitting the panel. Why was the other mechanic not able to install it properly afterwards?

Also, how did the 'claw' mark appear on the rear seat? Is it the impression of the installer's hand? It is not looking nice, get it done.

Last edited:

Top Bottom