Seat Covers For My Swift

Thread Starter #16
See the first pic. The damage is the scuff in the yellow rectangle on the left. The rectangle on the right is where the panel is ajar.

Here the panel to be replaced is the mid part of the dashboard about 400mm wide running all the way down to the HU. As I said, if it costs upto 4-5K, I will get it done. The installer is saying I bring the car back to him so he can do a radium tape patch or something. Thats just plain silly and I am not going to do that. Says that small nicks are bound to happen. Thats a very callous reply. I am not going back to him again.
I think the reason they can reinstall the panel is because the installer broke a clip or lock or something. I am going to try and gently pry the panel open and see if they are missing something but nothing more. Better to get it professionally replaced

Ameyam

See the first pic. The damage is the scuff in the yellow rectangle on the left. The rectangle on the right is where the panel is ajar.

Here the panel to be replaced is the mid part of the dashboard about 400mm wide running all the way down to the HU. As I said, if it costs upto 4-5K, I will get it done. The installer is saying I bring the car back to him so he can do a radium tape patch or something. Thats just plain silly and I am not going to do that. Says that small nicks are bound to happen. Thats a very callous reply. I am not going back to him again.
I think the reason they can reinstall the panel is because the installer broke a clip or lock or something. I am going to try and gently pry the panel open and see if they are missing something but nothing more. Better to get it professionally replaced
Well, the damage is very minimal. The thing which looks bad is the misaligned panel. You can visit MASS and ask the workers to look into the problem (the panel not aligned properly) and see if they can do something to bring it back to original look (no Fevi quicks or radium tapes please [frustration]). If they are able to do that, well and good. Otherwise, the panel should not cost more than 2-3k as it is just a plastic part. You can try to rub off the bottom part of the damage. It is preventing the panel to set in, I think. Seeing the right rectangle, I think the locks are not put in line and would not be broken, since the panel seems to be protruding outwards.

I think you should leave it as it is for now. Unnecessary peeping (or opening) might lead to breaking/cracking of the part or locks. Better get it checked from professionals only. Any way, you are visiting MASS for rattle problem, get this opened there itself. Don't worry.[:)]

BTW are you sure it is 400mm in length? 40cm looks way too long to me!

Thread Starter #18
I thought the locks are not engaged too. But they wont clip into place if you push in the panel. The other mechanic couldnt fix it either. I am going to quell the urge to look under it myself and let the MASS do it or get me a replacement. Dont know how much it will cost but if its 2-3K, I will replace it. No feviquick or radium tape of course- I am not that dumb[glasses]

Otherwise nice car[clap]. Last night I noticed how easy it is to speed in the car in the wrong gear[;)]. I was doing 40 in second several times without realising.My old waggie used to pant at 30 in 2nd. This one judders at 20 if I put it into 2nd. Needs 25 or so for second and 35 or so for third. May also be because the gears are new and not properly mated. But has incredible traction. You can close the gap to the car in front very quickly. And keeps rolling if you take your foot off the accelerate. I had a close thing with an old lady on Wednesday who was crossing the street and didnt look at my side. I saw her well ahead of time and took my foot off the accelerator as I would in the waggie but the car kept going and I had to swerve to avoid her while braking simultaneously. So needs to be driven more cautiously. In parking it feels bigger than it actually is. I parked several times when I thought I must be touching the bike behind but there was actually more than a meter

Ameyam

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends,

The place where I got my car repaired yesterday, over there, saw this modded Swift and what actually caught my eye were the interiors. The finishing looked quite good.

20170627_115346.jpg

20170627_115417.jpg

Regards

Akash

Top Bottom