Seat Covers For Mahindra Scorpio

Thread Starter #31
One thing which i forgot to mention was that even G Sport does not remove the OE fabric seats, instead the seat covers arrive from bangalore as slip on covers. they fit the covers to the OE material using clips which gives it an OE look. the seat covers can be removed anytime we wish. Also, the contours are given using copper rods. G sport claims to use copper rods which bends easily & does not rust, compared to iron rods used by local dealers.

G sport has offered me a 2 year warranty on both the leather & stitching. any issues & defects, the covers will be returned to bangalore though.

yeah thats what the rod i was talking about.

they pierce through the original seat. Customers almost cry when they see the work.

Raj stay away from car when the work goes on. hehe

Thread Starter #34
do they actually pierce the seats? i dint know that. by the way, mahindra OE seat covers are removable by a chain, i guess i will ask them to remove it & pierce the fabric under it, if there is any! why waste the OE seat covers?

yes, i am staying away, will go & watch a film!

If u remove the oe fabric , there will be difference in slightest measurement , then the liner must adjust wisely. Even i dont know that method , but talented liner does it.

A small hole like is pierced . Dont worry , it will not be much noticeable if you remove them

If you remove the original fabric , you will find a sponge mould. Its advisable to have the oe cover inside

Last edited by a moderator:
ilango[speed thirst];26255 said:
yeah thats what the rod i was talking about.

they pierce through the original seat. Customers almost cry when they see the work.

Raj stay away from car when the work goes on. hehe
This rod is different. The copper rod, i was talking about, will be put the new seat cover, at places where it needs to hook-up or plug or joint.

They will pierce a big niddle kind of thing, to push the threads for good fittings. Yes it does hurt[;)], but not to worry it not spoil your fabric seat.

yes, i am staying away, will go & watch a film!
Thats a better idea.[thumbsup]

ilango[speed thirst];26259 said:
If u remove the oe fabric , there will be difference in slightest measurement , then the liner must adjust wisely. Even i dont know that method , but talented liner does it.

A small hole like is pierced . Dont worry , it will not be much noticeable if you remove them
Perfect.

ilango[speed thirst];26259 said:
If you remove the original fabric , you will find a sponge fold. Its advisable to have the oe cover inside
Why you say that? The good seat cover companies, like stanley etc. will remove the OE fabric seat cover. And that gives an excellent fitting.

Thread Starter #37
i think what ilango meant was g sport sends it seat covers with measurements suitable for fitting over the OE fabric. if that is removed, then the seat covers can become loose.

Thread Starter #40
yes, the guy has called me on saturday for the cover fitment. if there are no delays, the pictures will be uploaded that day itself.

Thread Starter #42
@ RSM: it is going to be done today buddy. after lot of delays from my side, i am finally going today to get the seat cover fixed.

Thread Starter #44
Finally i got my seat covers done in G sport today. It costed me 11k for my 7 seater scorpio which included seat covers & door trims. i chose the intermediate quality of leather called luster. g sport offers signet, luster & europa in art leather.

the workmanship was very good & i am pleased with the quality. it took them 6 hours to fit the covers & i am happy with the fitting.

here are the pics (thats 'renegade' in the fifth pic)-

Attachments

Last edited:

Top Bottom