Searching For a True Pre-owned Off-Roader

Re: In Search of a True Off Roader (Pre owned)

See jaydev
You are going to own a jeep not a car ----so the suspension will not be that much soft you know
Its a tough guys vehicle

Last edited by a moderator:

ARB Old Man Emu Suspension:- is it available in india and how about the expenses.

well i haven't even considered my ride yet but i a feel i am getting closer and closer.. :P
agree with anil .
also these one cost around 40k well comfort they give both on-road and off-road is very good atleast that's what response i got

Thread Starter #33

You are going to own a jeep not a car ----so the suspension will not be that much soft you know
i drive ford ranger where i work they are twin cabin 4wd but no fun.
i need some tough metal around me on wheels where i should feel i am driving not sitting on armchair .

i did not mean car like swing, the suspension in local 4wd drive(mahindra) are kind of truck like,they don't serve much purpose of balancing the vehicle .
one jeep i travelled was too much bouncy ,at curves it was almost going off track with terrible body roll .the owner said when it gets loaded it becomes alright.maybe there was problem with its leaf which i am not sure, but i did not like it.

with such a heavy vehicle like jeep i expect stiff and well composed ride eating up most of the undulation on floor ,with no or negligible body roll.

i found another thing . well i had asked other people about making gypsy comfortable . someone suggested me Fiberglass leaf springs . it cost around 15K . they said you won't need to do anything else . you will have better control and comfort

Thread Starter #35

i am eyeing on mahindra cl550 . it suits my taste . anybody having it??
then list goes as
bucket seats,
sporty steering wheels
some modification to increase power (no idea yet)

wide tires (no alloys)
creamy white paint (similar to my puntp :) )

someone suggested me Fiberglass leaf springs
master sqaul ,[shock]
Contrary to what has been written in magazines by people who only sell springs, not make them, mono-leaf springs are inherently dangerous.
Mono Leaf vs. Multi Leaf Springs

Last edited:
Thread Starter #36

Iam very much looking for a MM550 4wd , guys pls reply if u hv one or help me to locate one.

Thread Starter #39

You will like mahindra major but ride quality will be disappointing. are u ok with that?
i dont have any issues with ride as long as it is awd. most of the mahindra jeeps are designed as load career which may need some tweaks to make it a pleasure ride ,which i can bear.

people said i can get an old 4x4 mahindra major for 80k if anybody have it please let me know.

i dont have any issues with ride as long as it is awd. most of the mahindra jeeps are designed as load career which may need some tweaks to make it a pleasure ride ,which i can bear.

people said i can get an old 4x4 mahindra major for 80k if anybody have it please let me know.
May be you can find some in govt auctions?

Thread Starter #42

trying ,definitely trying every nook and corner.

as common saying goes "4wd are hot ."

Top Bottom