Scratches and Dents

RSM,

I have had problems with the door hitting other objects when opened because of small parking places. I have got a small scratch (not really noticeable) on my front driver door. Have you had problems of this sort? Any ideas how this can be removed?

Cheers,
Vroom

"Metallic Flamenco Red". Is it the same as the red colour available in Punto?

RSM,

I have had problems with the door hitting other objects when opened because of small parking places. I have got a small scratch (not really noticeable) on my front driver door. Have you had problems of this sort? Any ideas how this can be removed?

Cheers,
Vroom
For those small scratches you can use rubbing compounds(Formula1 Scratch Out). Also wax coating does reduce minor scratches.

@ALL- Does Teflon coat prevents minor scratches? I mean read in many autoforums that Teflon coating is not preferable.

Last edited:
RSM,

Cheers,
Vroom
Yes it happend to me also. No other solution but to be careful and keep safe distance from wall (as much as possible).

As Akash suggested, you can use some rubbing material. I have not done anything.

"Metallic Flamenco Red". Is it the same as the red colour available in Punto?
No Punto Red is Exotica Red. Flamenco Red is for Linea Red.

Yes it happend to me also. No other solution but to be careful and keep safe distance from wall (as much as possible).

As Akash suggested, you can use some rubbing material. I have not done anything.

No Punto Red is Exotica Red. Flamenco Red is for Linea Red.
RSM,

Cheers,
Vroom
You can avoid scratches to your door ends at congested places.I have discussed about it in this thread

http://theautomotiveindia.com/forums/showthread.php?t=910
check the 11th thread by by me. The Door Corner Guard is the solution.

Hey RSM you must have seen some plastic thing in the exteriors of some cars on the corners of the doors. Those are door corner guards!!

In my car i get a plastic lining all along the side so that it doesn get scratched in tight parking places , only the plastic gets scratched not the body of the car!![:D]

Hey RSM you must have seen some plastic thing in the exteriors of some cars on the corners of the doors. Those are door corner guards!!

In my car i get a plastic lining all along the side so that it doesn get scratched in tight parking places , only the plastic gets scratched not the body of the car!![:D]
Yes you are right upto certaim extent.

but the guards made of plastic are not mean for guarding rather for stylling, there are some rubber pads having hollow space inside ,these are perfect guards.

@RSM:- When you open your car doors to the last extent you can, you will see that a particular point on the curved door ends touches any obstacles on the way of opening the door, Door Corner Guards(Rubber made) are pasted on the outer side of the door body to prevent it to touch the obstacle and save it from scratches or dents in severe cases.You can get it in any automobile accessories shops at costs like 100/-.It depends.

Just imagine a black rubber kinda thing on the corner of your door!![lol]

As your Punto is a red one i think it may go well with your color. But definitely reduces the look of your car , that is why many people don opt for it!!

My suggestion , go to a car accessories chop and decide after looking at it.

I agree with cooldhaya that it reduces the look a bit, but it comes in different sizes, you get the smallest one, which will not be noticeable from a distance.

But I suggest you to put them on as scratches/scraped paint regions/dents look worst than a small rubber pad on the doors, and also expenditure required to remove it these unwanted "symbols".Isnt it?So its better to prevent it than to repair it in my opinion, rest its your wish,which ever options suites you better.

I too think rubber guards will be more useful as it is flexible as compared to the plastic guards.And regarding the black colour, you can install them after colouring them. In that way they will fulfill your purpose as well as look good.

Top Bottom