Scorpio Sting for Criminals.

LOL , This is good actually!

BTW Chennai has some Scorpio's which has a roof-mounted camera at important junctions to record the happenings at all directions![clap]

Nice article, its high time they upgrade from the Mahindra Jeeps that they have.

Cool. Thumbs up to the police dept.

I think the cops will have a good time catching thieves in their turbo charged Scorpios. As far as I remember Chennai cops were given Hyundai Accents some years back.
Anyways this is a fine shift by govt., when the thieves are tech laden, then why not our cops:wink:?

@ Akash Yes you are correct! Chennai cops have got Qualis , Bolero and now Accent so far! But the Highway Interceptor unit is still a Gypsy!!

350Z

Core Team
For cities some decent vehicles should suffice, however, for highway patrolling purposes the police should be equipped with cars that are more powerful. Of course, we cannot ask for Lamborghinis and Corvettes which other countries have but still, something quick, safe and rugged will always be good to have, and for now, Mahindra Scorpio is definitely a good set off. I am not a frequent highway traveller though but last time while passing through Delhi - Gurgaon highway, I sighted a couple of Boleros and they are the not the best for this purpose, in my opinion.

BTW Chennai has some Scorpio's which has a roof-mounted camera at important junctions to record the happenings at all directions!
Some police cars (Like Tavera) in Delhi are also equipped with hidden cameras, which are usually placed on the last row.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Good thing ..

Here pondicherry police have history of gypsy and still they have gypsy.
some 3 to 4 years back there was 100 gypsy delivered.
recently 70 to 100 omni are added in same style of gypsy. the omni double up as ambulance and patrol .

For si and station's its bolero. earlier it was whote coloured . now the new faced bolero is brown coloured.

of all , the gypsy is best suited vehicle for them , quick acceleration and cheaper maintance.

An just one scorpio vlx for pilot vehicle to cm. Reason said was , the bolero is not able to meet the speed of innova of cm.

But in recent times i find bolero piloting the cm innova. no idea what happen to the scorpio
force toofan is not a bad vehicle imo, it has too great features.

sometimes I have also seen gypsy and sumo used by police in delhi but its great that india is now moving and upgraded to scorpio! also i feel police in all states should be gives same cars to maintain uniformity..

Top Bottom