Scorpio M-Hawk SLE - Diamond White Rhino

zengetz

Suspended

Attachments

I got it fixed at the dealer showroom before delivery. Checked it working as well before delivery. The 3rd row now gets cool air circulated from 2nd row. And yes, the floor A/C is working pretty fine as well. At least folks from my family are happy with the air blowing.

I checked for complete Dual AC setup and they quoted 27K. It was little too much.
Hence opted for just a Roof Blower.
So what was the cost of AC blower Naganand?

Thread Starter #38
@mitul: Congratulations for for 4WD. Hope you would doing more off-roading then.

Friends,

I intend to fit a Nudge bar made of Fibre or Rubber rather than metal. Something like CarryBoy or Hiker designs. Recently, I checked one of the designs from CarryBoy with spot lights in-built. I kind of like this design rather than fitting extra.

Wanted to know from any other scorpio owners if any issues with fitting these bars?
Are these nudge bars fitted to front bumper or chassis?
Will it impact the crumple zones?

Please advice.

@mitul: Congratulations for for 4WD. Hope you would doing more off-roading then.

Friends,

I intend to fit a Nudge bar made of Fibre or Rubber rather than metal. Something like CarryBoy or Hiker designs. Recently, I checked one of the designs from CarryBoy with spot lights in-built. I kind of like this design rather than fitting extra.

Wanted to know from any other scorpio owners if any issues with fitting these bars?
Are these nudge bars fitted to front bumper or chassis?
Will it impact the crumple zones?

Please advice.
Hello Naganand, i have ssen the carry boy with 2 fog lamps on it.
But that one is fitted to chassis.
So its not advised to install it.
Even i have bull bar, connected to bumper.
Even that's not allowed but i got it free from the dealer.

Congratulations on the purchase White-Rhino , your Scorpio is looking awesome in pictures , the roof AC blower is also a nice addition. Wishing you many more happy miles with the car.

Thread Starter #41
Checked the nudge bar from Kumarsons. There is one brand called CTrack which comes with spot lights in-built to the nudge bar.

Went to Konark near Jayanagar east end and checked few more nudge bars.
Hiker ones comes with plastic and kind of hollow inside. Costs 8500
Highlander comes with full solid PU. Costs 8500
CTrack with spot lights with full solid PU. Costs 11500
The CTrack ones comes with 55W light. This was told by the dealer not sure though. I think it may be 35W. Reflectors were not that great.
Ctrack-PU.png

All the above nudge bars will be fitted to the chassis.

Confused?
Should I go for plain nudge bar and fit Hella Rally 3000?
OR
Should I go for nudge bar with in-built spot lights?
One thing for sure, I do not want to tamper the wires.
I am looking for auxiliary lights as its a boon on highways and ghat sections.

Thinking of buying the nudge bar and get it fitted with IG/SKS service folks.

Thread Starter #42
Mileage update:

On Friday, my scorpio VMs started banging messages that "Your fuel level is reached reserve" or something like that. Echoed in for 2 times. Went straight to BTM 24 hrs IOC outlet. Thats my regular fuel pump from 2 yrs.
Filled 47 ltrs with 575 on the odo trip A. Overall mileage - 12.23 kmpl. This is with 220kms highway and remaining in city with 50% AC.
I was full of smiles for this. But sad compared to my Swift Diesel which was giving 19kmpl on avg city and highway drives.

Did a 575 kms round trip from Bangalore to Kushalnagar during the weekend. Fortunately took the Mysore-T.Narsipur-Malavalli-BLR route with less traffic. Need to check the mileage this time as well.
Good thing is i have crossed 1000kms run-in mark yesterday. Now, I have reached 1300kms in total. I have always kept around 2000 rpm and exceeded to 2200rpm just for few times. Engine has become smooth from earlier response.

Question:
Since I have completed the run-in period of 1000kms, can I rev-up to 100kmph?
Needed for overtaking!!
Or
Should I continue to be in run-in period till the first service? The service folks at IG told to keep the rev-range around 2000 rpm till 3500kms and gradually push more.

Normally, I have done run-in for first 1000kms only for earlier cars.

Many congratulations for your White Rhino. And welcome to The Automotive India's Mhawk gang.
Regarding the VMS msg, even our company Scorpio doesnt sound any messages except " Do wear your seat belts for a safe ride".

Congrats on your white beast, I am a big fan of the scorpio.

Just a humble opinion, you could have avoided the chrome fittings. Too much of chrome is bling bling & chrome does not suit a white SUV.

Please go for some nice alloys, your car will be a stunner.

Regarding VMS, please read the manual. Some of the commands maybe de-activated & can be activated easily by you.

Thread Starter #45
Thanks Raj and Akash.

Actually, I had told to fit only mirror chromes. Not for others. But, the IG accessories guy fitted all except grill part. Due to his mistake, he did not charge it. I told him to remove them. But, then he put some gum to stick it. And since I was taking delivery on that day; didn't want to remove them. Hence kept like that.

I am sure these would get peeled off after some usage and then have them removed.

Top Bottom