Scorpio 2.6 Non Crde - Crossed 1.8 lakh kms!

Thread Starter #94
yes mukesh, the car was in mumbai & we sent it to kerela when we bought the mHawk here.

the front of this one is unshakable compared to the mHawk as this one is more heavier. the mHawk being lighter bounces more than this one. but the rear being leaf spring on the oldie was very harsh, stiff & bouncy. the mHawk is less bouncy & more manageable overall.

even the handling is better in the mHawk.

yes, i am the one in the black shirt. i had a bad hair day!!!

Hey Raj , excellent maintenance. Your car's exteriors are still looking as good as new!

What is that white colored thing on the bonnet? And also in the last picture is see the left side of the bull bar has something extra on the left side protruding upwards , but i don find that in the latest pictures!

Thread Starter #97
Hey Raj , excellent maintenance. Your car's exteriors are still looking as good as new!

What is that white colored thing on the bonnet? And also in the last picture is see the left side of the bull bar has something extra on the left side protruding upwards , but i don find that in the latest pictures!
the thing on the bonnet is a sticker i feel. and on the left of the bull-bar, its a flag hoist. in-case raj becomes a politician in the future. :-)
great observation buddy! the sticker is car number '9', we had taken part in a car rally, so i had those pics with me!

Also, the guard you see in the newer pics is a new one installed in kerela, so it does not have the bar on the LHS. the latest pics i have posted are the ones when the car was in mumbai, it had a different guard.

As i guessed and both my observations are not there in your car now!

And your car's registration had to be changed right for using in Kerela?:stupid:

Thread Starter #100
I need to update this thread, quite a long time...

The BRUTE (yes, i have named him BRUTE) is still with us in Kerela, touching 2 lakh kmsa. His age is showing now, which is purely due to neglect. Nobody to care for him, no fixed driver, driven around by different bus drivers, nobody to wash him, so he is basically struggling.

The BRUTE's engine is still strong, thought now it has become noisy. Even after changing the engine mounts, some vibrations do creep in from the steering & gear lever. Though apart from that, the engine, gearbox & suspension is working without any issues. Infact, it even returns 11-12 kmpl in Kerela. The gearbox is very very smooth.

Issues faced -

1) Power Steering oil pipe leak - Gave the car to a newly opened Mahindra A.S.S. in Allapuzha (Kerela). Part took 4 days to arrive & costed Rs. 2500.
2) Right fog light now working - Rectified
3) Left rear door not central locking - Rectified
4) AC not cooling - Still not rectified

The A.S.S. did not have the equipement to solve the AC issue & hence we had to take it to a local garage. We spent 6000/- as it had a leak & also for refilling the gas, but still the AC issue has not been solved.

Apart from that, the only issue I am facing is, i think, related to a common source. when the headlights are ON, whenever I switch on the indicator, the head lights flickers for a second. Also, the instrument console light is very dim making the warning lights barely visible in day light. when i switch on the hazards, the cabin light also dims in succession! Battery is in good condition.a

Pics will be uploaded soon.

Thread Starter #104
Some pics of the BRUTE -

Attachments

Top Bottom