Scorpio 2.6 Non Crde - Crossed 1.8 lakh kms!

Thread Starter #46
ilango[speed thirst];23629 said:
Raj why don't you go to any local workshop, hope they are much experienced than in A.S.S
yes, today its final. we are getting the timing kit replaced for around Rs. 3000 from a local but reputed garage!

however, the fuel pump & injector service & the engine mount changing will be done at the A.S.S.

What is meant by fuel pump kit?

The timing quote is correct , they are changing the timing gears .
they said, the fuel pump will be removed & given to MICO. they will open it & inspect it & change whatever is necessary.

Crash guard has no way connection with bumpers. They are mounted on chasis. Natural movement of crash guard is visible in normal cars as the body is in suspension , so the diffence.
i know. but here the crash guard vibrates more than usual, that mean the chassis vibrates too! you can almost feel the chassis vibrating under your feet when the car is in idle.

And for your case , as the engine mounting is too worn out , with time and kms driven and roads you have taken in kerala , causes the vibration for crash guard.

So vibration inside is due to improper fuel supply- diesel pump service solves it

Crash guard vibration as chassis vibrates - engine mounting replace.

Even the faulty engine mounting may cause vibration inside due to worn out suspensions.
yes, we are getting the fuel pump & injector serviced & also replacing the mounts at the A.S.S, i hope this will solve the issue.

So you are removing the timing ,
at the same time remove the diesel pump and give to bosh service yourself.
Time saved and work done under your inspection and satisfaction.

Tell the mico people to test the pump for longer time.

Thread Starter #50
Plan change. i will be getting the car after the timing pulley replacement from a local garage only by tomorrow. so that means my car can go to the A.S.S only my monday which is not possible due to few other reasons.

so my car will be going to the A.S.S only after 1st march.

Thread Starter #51
Scorpio CRDe

Here, i am talking about my scorpio CRDe SLX (not my scorpio Non-CRDe GLX).

Yes, we have a -
2003 Scorpio non-CRDe GLX
2005 Scorpio CRDe SLX
2008 Scorpio mHawk VLX

As i dont have enough pics of the SLX, i thought let me share a brief experience of the SLX in this thread itself.Our SLX was bought as a car for our company usage, that is, to carry directors & staff to various locations. Since ours is a construction company, we needed a robust car which can be easily driven through non-existent roads, can take abuse & wont complain much. those days, a 4x4 was not available & till date, we have never needed it.

Yesterday, the scorpio crossed 1.4L kms & is running perfectly fine. the car is completely stock on the outside & inside except for seat covers. the car is white in colour as my mHawk. the only expenditures we had with the vehicle apart from scheduled services was a tyre change at 80k kms, an AC cooling issue & a suspension noise where the suspension bush had to be changed. the suspension issue can be forgiven as the vehicle travels through a lot of rough roads & it has stood the abuse pretty well. no rattling or squeaking from anywhere.

talking about scheduled services, this car is on the run continuously. there have been times when i have not seen this car for weeks! one day it would be in gujurat & the next week it would be in andhra pradesh & the next week in some other state & so on. there have been many times, where it services have been delayed & postponed because of the absence of mahindra A.S.S in some parts (the car goes to pretty remote areas) & even its periodic maintainence had to be neglected. but it never complained & keeps running.

yes, visibly from outside, the car shows its age. the paint has faded, some nicks & dents here & there, etc. but internally, the car is rock solid. as if it says "i am good for another 2L kms!"

This car shows lesser issues & also rattles less than my new mHawk. we are thinking to get this car replaced. what would be its replacement? you guess right...!

Thread Starter #53
no, 3rd gear vibration is present only in mHawks. also, the new mHawks (scorpio refresh) does not have this problem.

mahindra has inserted some 'ring' in the gearbox to stop this vibration. i am not sure whether it can be fitted to our scorpios. i have not tried to find out because i know the answer of my mahindra A.S.S - "NO" !!!

Looks like the Scorpio has undergone lots of abuse! If its for office usage then it must be driver driven and the drivers will not drive like we do i guess , so credit to M&M for making such a solid car for our Indian conditions!!

Even my dad is also in the construction field and the very reason he prefers SUV'S as proper roads are not present everywhere! Our Safari has served us well for close to 4 years now.

So this Scorpio is going to be replaced with a Mhawk one or your favorite car "The Fortuner"??[;)]

So you are going to get another scorpio to replace this old faithful horse of yours?

350Z

Core Team
So you are going to get another Scorpio? Wow. By now, Mahindra should offer you some good loyalty bonus on your purchase. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom