Scoop! Wagon-R Facelift Completely Revealed.

Noisy

Suspended
Alto doesn't have beige interiors, it will look decent for sure.

Are you planning for one?
Nope. I think I have seen the Alto Xfun and other Xcite, etc editions with some beige color plastic (in centre console) which didn't suite it with grey surroundings. No matter, I may be wrong.:stupid:

And, I am not sure of buying I think. We have sold our Ikon 3 days ago (Friday) and are planning for a car for my mom. Maybe, if Waggie Zxi comes at around 20k higher than current ABS and has alloys, abs, airbags, and other features (as in Ritz Zxi), then we may consider it.

AMG

Suspended
The Maruti Suzuki Wagon R is one of the highest selling cars in the history of Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. The Wagon R, which got a comprehensive model update a couple of years back, has now got a mild facelift to remain fresh in the market.

It may be noted that MSIL realizes the need to regularly spruce up its small cars to fend off the ever increasing competition.

Regulars on Motoroids will remember that we reported when Maruti accidently revealed the front end of the Wagon R facelift in a video sometime ago and now the car has been officially revealed.

As is evident from the pics, the WagonR refresh gets a chunkier front bumper and a revised grille with chrome garnish. Other changes include different fog-lamps housing and a larger air dam.

On the inside, the car gets a new dual-tone beige & black interior colour theme and a push-type storage box on the dashboard.

The top of the line VXI trim gets a new “Eagle Wings” audio system with USB support.

PRICES:

The 2013 Wagon R has been priced at INR 3.58 lakhs (LX), INR 3.88 lakhs (LXi), INR 4.13 lakh (VX) and INR 4.42 lakh (CNG). (All prices ex-showroom Delhi).

Atleast the pricing is still decent.

Source: Motoroids

Attachments

AMG

Suspended
It will probably be an additional 0.000001 km/l which apart from them, nobody will even notice.

I liked the new front design more than my present(2010) WagonR's front which has something like an open-mouthed bumper[anger].

what do you guys think about replacing the present bumper with this new one? Mine is a silky silver one and from the photos of the new WagonR I think i should also replace the front grille and air dam.

How much will it cost me? Has anyone done a similiar replacement(or bumper replacement)?Is it practical? Is any WagonR owners thinking about such a replacement?

Or should i do something like this in the attached photo(photoshop job)? how much will this cost me? I am thinking of painting a pair of bumper protector, cut it accordingly and paste it at the positions i had shown in the image.

Please advice guys.

And about the facelift i really liked both exteriors and interiors,the most notable changes being usb supported music system and beige interiors. Hope its beige dashboard is not of estilos quality which look cheap.

Attachments

I have heard from my friends that Wagon R 2010 onward models (all with 998cc) have suspension,steering rack problems.Also the mobil chamber is vulnerable for any lower side impact.
I am finding that MUL hasn't changed those-only added cosmetic changes.Price wise (vxi) also not much difference from Honda Brio.Logically Brio is a better option for buying.

I know people who have bought Wagon-R just for the ease of ingress and outgress.
Surely friend, because most of the people who drive these are senior citizens and middle aged men. If i was in my 40's and need a comfortable car, would have bought this eyes closed.

Surely friend, because most of the people who drive these are senior citizens and middle aged men. If i was in my 40's and need a comfortable car, would have bought this eyes closed.
Actually my friend bought this because his parents have knee problem, so this was the best choice for him. Else he would have gone for Alto.

It is no more a scoop now as I have seen the first official advertisement in news papers today with some new Gold color Wagon R. Little change in front grill area and others are just cosmetic I hope, but two new colors[:)]

Thread Starter #44
Actually my friend bought this because his parents have knee problem, so this was the best choice for him. Else he would have gone for Alto.
Wagon r is a nice practical hatch back , I know it has polarizing view about its look . My only grouse with wagon r is very thin and flimsy body shell . Or else in a city like Mumbai and Delhi a cng wagon r is a best option .

I have heard from my friends that Wagon R 2010 onward models (all with 998cc) have suspension,steering rack problems.Also the mobil chamber is vulnerable for any lower side impact.
I am finding that MUL hasn't changed those-only added cosmetic changes.Price wise (vxi) also not much difference from Honda Brio.Logically Brio is a better option for buying.
Oh, I didn't knew about these issues.
Brio ? Hmm, nah. I prefer i10.

Top Bottom