Scoop! Tata Xenon Single Cab Spotted - Now Launched.

Thread Starter #17
Re: Scoop! Tata Xenon Single Cab Spotted.

Guys, is the single cab version already launched? I spotted a single cab Xenon outside a Tata showroom.

If its BS3 then 70 ps and if BS4 then 85 ps,pretty similar to Sumo Gold as both share this same 407 derived beastly 3.0 lt engine.I hope I am right.
Correction Xenon crew cab comes with 115 bhp dicor engine as contrary to 85 ps one of GOLD.[:)]

TATA launches Xenon pick-up priced from Rs 5.44 lakhs onwards.[:)]

Tata Motors : Media : Press Releases

Tata Motors introduces the Tata Xenon, a rugged and stylish Pick-up with lowest-in-class operating cost
Tata Motors expands its footprint in the Pick-up portfolio
  • Offering available in single & dual cab, for wide range of applications
  • Best-in-class looks, operating economics & fuel efficiency
  • Available in 3L Common Rail & Turbo engine options

Announcing the launch of the Tata Xenon Pick-up, Mr. Ravi Pisharody, Executive Director - Commercial Vehicles, Tata Motors, said, "The Pick-up segment is growing rapidly and we see this trend continuing. With the launch of the Tata Xenon Pick-up, we are strengthening our existing Pick-up portfolio. The vehicles have several best-in-class features, which are a strong proposition, and with our existing products like the Tata Super Ace, Tata RX Pick-up and the new Tata Xenon Pick-up range, we are well placed in the market to take on any challenges."

Tata Motors today officially launched the Xenon Pick-up, its competitor to the fast-selling Mahindra Genio, in Mumbai at an ex-showroom price of 5.44 lakhs. The Tata Xenon Pick-up Dual cab variant has been launched at 6.34 lakhs (ex-showroom, Mumbai).

Features of the Tata Xenon Pick-up
The Tata Xenon is developed with industry benchmark Toyota Hilux.
The Xenon Pick-up launched today is a variant of the Xenon, tailored for the commercial segment. It is powered by two engine options that comply to BS3 norms – a 3.0L turbocharged direct-injected diesel and a 3.0L DICOR engine.

[Left - Single cab; Right - Crew Cab is a Xenon tailored for the commercial segment]
The dual cab variant is powered by the DICOR engine that puts out 115PS/300Nm, endowing it with a top speed of 143kph, while the single cab is powered by a 3.0L DI engine outputting 72hp/223Nm that gives it a top speed of 120kph. This variant is almost identical to the Xenon, but has been stripped-down to suit the commercial application.
The single cab has the longest load body in its class measuring 8ft by 4ft. It is a flatbed with drop sides.
The single cab’s load bearing capabilities is enhanced by a two-stage semi elliptical leaf spring which is stiff on full load and soft on 500kg or less.

A new dashboard, charging ports, central locking, Engine immobilizer, Side intrusion beams and Collapsible steering wheel are among other highlights in these offerings, adapted completely to meet the needs of the commercial segment.
Tata has fixed the service interval at 15,000km and offers a warranty for up to 3 lakh kilometers or 3 years (whichever comes first). The vehicle is launched in a choice of 4 colours such as red, white, silver and blue.

Read more: Tata Xenon Pick-up officially launched at 5.44 lakhs

Raja THE X-OVER beat you in posting this info by 6 minutes[:D].

Anyways,here are some highlights:

1. Price of single cab at 5.44 lakhs,while double cab at 6.32 laks.

2. 3.0 lt engine producing 72 hp in single cab and 115 hp in double cab variants.

3. India's most stylish pick-up with solid mechanicles.

4. Double cab variant will have LSD for better grip at slippery surface.

All in all a great rival for Mahindra Genio.Long live the competition.[;)]

Is it competetively priced against the mahindra genio ?
I don't know abt the prices of Genio,but I can care less as the Xenon dual cab is nothing but stripped down Xenon XT with 3.0lt dicor engine and without a'bags,abs ,4x4 etc.So for those looking at Xenon this one presents a strong case for itself.

Just think about it until now Xenon XT was priced at around 12 lacs OTR,now you can get literally the same vehicle under 7 lacs(in Jharkhand atleast) so its extremely VFM in my book.

Who knows this could be my next vehicle,I would love to own a modded killer looking Xenon.:biggrin::biggrin:

Top Bottom