Scoop! Tata Xenon Single Cab Spotted - Now Launched.

Thread Starter #1
I was travelling on the Mumbai Bangalore NH4 highway today & saw a Tata vehicle which I mistook it to be the Xenon initially zooming in opposite direction. It had 'ON-TEST' plates on it. When I saw it's side view, I realized that it was a single seat row cabin pick-up truck. From the front, it completely resembled Xenon & may be that s why it was not covered.
I tried a small MS-Paint work (chopping off the second row window) to show how it looked as I could not click the pics. [glasses]

Attachments

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
Re: Scoop! Xenon-ish pick-up truck from Tata spotted.

Thanks for the information! This means, Tata Motors is planning for a single-cab version of the Xenon. It’ll chop down the cost of this pick-up truck further ahead to a noticeable extent. Good move, I should say. Some pictures would have added to the excitement though. Anyways, that's how it will look like.

tata_xenon-1.jpg

010.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Re: Scoop! Tata Xenon Single Cab Spotted.

great info buddy. this move will make xenon more vfm and also popular..big threat for getaway now.

great info buddy. this move will make xenon more vfm and also popular..big threat for getaway now.
Getaway will be now almost dead dude!! Tata should have come with single cab at time of launch because commercial ppl rarely need rear seats..

@knightrider..buddy was that single cab xenon like this?? its stripped down xenon with basic features and genio like flatbed!

pic - anythingonwheels.blogspot.com

Attachments

Thread Starter #7

@Umang: The one that I saw did not have black bumpers
& looked same as the current Xenon from front.

Time for TATA's to regain their lost market share in commercial vehicle space.

LHD TATA XENON spied

We have caught it ‘On Test’ last time as well but it was a white colored mule that time. A few days back we come across this black colored TATA Xenon which looked like a hoot!

Similar to the last catch, this was a Left Hand Drive Xenon which TATA exports to foreign left hand drive markets. This was a 4×4 DLE variant with ABS (according to the decal at the back). As is visible, the car is carrying big black cans and is most probably under load testing.

Left Hand Drive TATA Xenon 4X4 Caught under Load Testing Again | MotorBash.com

Attachments

What you saw was a Xenon Pick up RX series. It is basically a stripped down pick up truck with the Xenon's face. Only power steering as a feature. It is launched to compete with the Mahindra Genio.

It has the old 3.0 DICOR engine and not the 2.2 VTVT. On road price is about 6.5 Lacs.

The original Xenon is now called the Xenon XT and is at 11 Lacs ex-showroom.

Apart from the Xenon XT and Xenon RX pick up, you even have the Xenon Crew cab which is at 7.5 Lacs on road. It is a Xenon XT without Airbags, ABS & with the older 3.0 DICOR engine. It looks exactly like the Xenon XT though.

^^^ I love the Xenon. Infact, that is one vehicle I dream to own in 4x4, but the sticker price is HUGE.

Some day, if I manage to leave practicality aside, I would go for a second hand Xenon 4x4 and jazz it up.

Infact the Xenon Crew Cab @ 7.5 Lacs is great. It does not look rudimentary like the Xenon RX Pick up and is not as expensive as the Xenon XT. Problem is that it comes with the old school 3.0 DICOR engine. It is BS3 and cannot be registered in metros.

Last edited:

Infact the Xenon Crew Cab @ 7.5 Lacs is great. It does not look rudimentary like the Xenon RX Pick up and is not as expensive as the Xenon XT. Problem is that it comes with the old school 3.0 DICOR engine. It is BS3 and cannot be registered in metros.
Any Idea about the power figure's for the 3.0 Engine on Xenon?

Top Bottom