Scoop! Tata Q501 Spotted in Range Rover Discovery Guise

Thread Starter #1
May be offtopic :, but not got any appropriate thread so posting on this thread, Admin please move this thread to appropriate thread.

Spotted this Range Rover look SUV may be Range rover discovery version, but his SUV was with non-alloy version.Do range rover comes with non-alloy wheels,? or some lower versions going to come in the market? I am sure it must not be tata's future Q501 [angel] but i think so it must be something new going to come. Exhaust looks single and ordinary. but I could hear turbo sound when driver was raving the engine, but could not guess the engine from the sound. anyways you all enjoy spy shots by Autospy [clap]

Range-Rover-Discovery-Base-Version-Spied-1.jpg

Range-Rover-Discovery-Base-Version-Spied-3.jpg

Range-Rover-Discovery-Base-Version-Spied-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Nexon: Tata Motors Compact SUV Based on X1 Platform

Two things,

1. Spare wheel. Doesnt look like from a Land Rover.
2. Exhaust pipe/ end can. This too doesnt look like from a Land Rover.

Something different is hiding beneath the skin.

May be offtopic :, but not got any appropriate thread so posting on this thread, Admin please move this thread to appropriate thread.

Spotted this Range Rover look SUV may be Range rover discovery version, but his SUV was with non-alloy version.Do range rover comes with non-alloy wheels,? or some lower versions going to come in the market? I am sure it must not be tata's future Q501 [angel] but i think so it must be something new going to come. Exhaust looks single and ordinary. but I could hear turbo sound when driver was raving the engine, but could not guess the engine from the sound. anyways you all enjoy spy shots by Autospy [clap]
According to me, engine is being tested rather than car.
It is possible to have 2.0 litre 170 PS 500 NM of torque, to be used in upcoming Tata model.

it seems like TATA cooking something interesting production [;)] maybe they are trying to bring desi version of Rover entry level low Cost Discovery maybe they using TATA X2 ladder frame chassis and Discovery sports body shell.

Akash1886

Honoured Member

it seems like TATA cooking something interesting production maybe they are trying to bring desi version of Rover entry level low Cost Discovery
According to me, engine is being tested rather than car.
It is possible to have 2.0 litre 170 PS 500 NM of torque, to be used in upcoming Tata model.
Two things,

Something different is hiding beneath the skin.
Are they testing Q501 in landrover clothes & multijet 2.0 ?

Spotted this Range Rover look SUV may be Range rover discovery version, but his SUV was with non-alloy version.
This is the "Q502" Concept Premium SUV doing testing. TATA & JLR were to come up with a premium SUV (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f.../20246-tata-motors-premium-suvs-coming-3.html) in second half of 2017. Though the launch timeline is not certain but I am betting this to be that "concept SUV" in disguise.

Good Catch Spymaster Gogo![:D]

Regards

Akash

Therz a market for sure. Between highest TATA and the lowest Landrover/Jaguar. JLR coming down the market ladder is not worth. BUT TATA climbing two steps may be.

By the looks of it, TATA is testing their engine on the LandRover chassis. So a TATA with Land Rover floor board. SURE they are not going to re-badge a Land Rover will they?[;)]

Akash1886

Honoured Member

By the looks of it, TATA is testing their engine on the LandRover chassis. So a TATA with Land Rover floor board. SURE they are not going to re-badge a Land Rover will they?
It is very very early to even anticipate for Q502. But with Impact Design language+JLR DNA+ Sensible Pricing, this project could be a Hot one. As of now, TATA is not having a model like Fortuner or Endeavour so who knows! Wishing to see atleast one of the concepts (if not both Q501 & Q502) at Auto Expo next year.

Regards

Akash

Last edited:

This is the "Q502" Concept Premium SUV doing testing. TATA & JLR were to come up with a premium SUV (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f.../20246-tata-motors-premium-suvs-coming-3.html) in second half of 2017. Though the launch timeline is not certain but I am betting this to be that "concept SUV" in disguise.

Good Catch Spymaster Gogo![:D]

Regards

Akash
its reported that Tata Motors is working on two new SUVs based on LandRover platform, which are Q501-5seater & Q502-7seater.

The Discovery sport & Evoque are based on the same platform -LR-MS, is loosely based on the Ford EUCD platform as per the wikipedia!

So i guess we could find soon an Evoque too testing in the same lines for Q501?[thinking]

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: Range Rover Discovery New Base Version Spied?

View attachment 219648

View attachment 219649

View attachment 219650
I think this test mill is base version of Land Rover Discovery Sports, everyone stating that the wheels are from lower variant of TATA ARIA/HEXA i guess they are mistaken those look different and according my observation TATA trying to bring down the production cost with good level of localisation,

So maybe TATA testing 2.2L Varicor engine in new Discovery sports if its true we can expect mouthwatering price tag from landy [:D]

Top Bottom