Scoop and Closer Look at New Suzuki Alto

Thread Starter #1
2012123202958_500.jpg

Impressions:

1. Car had dual tone beige interiors

2. Generous glass area

3. Buildquality is much better[cheers]

4.Car is fusion of alto and estilo with higher seating position than alto but lower than estilo.

5. Shod 13 inch tyres without alloys and seemed basic model as door handles are black

It wasn't mule and looks maruti is not hiding new alto.

Launch will take place soon say mid of this year i.e. June

Re: Scoop and closer look, new alto

Thanks for the picture,Think this is the one coming with 660cc Petrol engine making >50BHP and mileage >25kmpl.

What would be the current Alto doing?(will be stopped[confused]?)

Think this is the rest of it, Looks almost an A-Star upfront. In my opinion the Current Alto and the K10 are better lookers.

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #4

Absolutely true, A star up front, rear of alto K10 with slight resemblance and side profile of Estilo.
Car is really improved when we compare with existing Alto. Engine would be 1L, car had three full grown adults and pick was pretty good.

I am not sure of 660 CC engine.

Yuck. I prefer the current k10 design over this boxy Estilo'ish one. Haven't the Suzuki guys taken any lesson from the Estilo which even after facelift has not been able t recover!

This will not replace k10, k10 is newly launched successful product hence this alto might replace Alto 800. 25 kmpl looks good.

Think this is the rest of it, Looks almost an A-Star upfront. In my opinion the Current Alto and the K10 are better lookers.
Exact match. Looking at the shape of the tail lights and the C-pillar design, I think this is the one. Ladies and gentlemen, be prepared to welcome another fugly car on Indian roads[frustration]

Fiat, please wake up and save us !

Thread Starter #9
Car looks boxy but slightly less than wagon R but yes Maruti is replacing A Star and Estilo (both flopped) with popular name Alto and probably match Eon's tall boy advantage and craze for dual tone airy looking interiors.

Looks like those kei cars. Not sure wheter this will be any success to out country seeing the similarity to A-star(which is a market dud). Good scoop nevertheless.

Thread Starter #11
Looks like those kei cars. Not sure wheter this will be any success to out country seeing the similarity to A-star(which is a market dud). Good scoop nevertheless.
Seeing the success of Wagon R and recent trend of tall boy entry level cars, maruti will fare much better than the A Star and Estilo.
It will have K 10 1 L engine (i could make out from the discussion with the guys).

Frankly speaking, I never liked Maruti design except Old Zen, Esteem and to some extent Swift's front end (no offence to Maruti Owners), handling and internal fit and finish (this include swift as well).
Having said this, design flair was never high point of maruti but service coverage and so called cheap service. On these points, new Alto might do well as well.

Yes its not clear whether Maruti will sale Alto, Alto K10 and new Alto simultaneously. If yes then what will be pricing of new alto , i hope not in the territory of Estilo.

lxi.

Suspended
It has got Front end of Astar, Siide profile similar to estilo and rear also looks slightly as the estilo's. Hope it will be a success for maruti.

But, then also the looks dont gel with the car, as in the Dzire (no offence).

it looks nice/decent for a budget car. nice dash & good interior space. if priced at 3-4 lacs for petrol & 4-5 lacs for diesel (on road), it will surely be a good seller.

Thread Starter #14
This car will come in Petrol only and at the max with CNG/LPG which will follow later (thishas been trend with maruti) will be priced competitively with Eon on lower end, i10 on higher end (base version of i10 will be in the territory of new alto).

Why the company doesnt come up with a different name? Most of the people fail to distinguish between these models. Yesterday I was arguing with a petrol bunk guy who was refusing to fill 32 PSI tyre pressure(for k10) since he thought its an old alto which has be filled 30[anger].
Except for the interiors of the new alto, the current alto's look far better!

Top Bottom