Scania Setups Manufacturing Plant in Karnataka

Thread Starter #16
Re: Scania To Setup their Plant in Karnataka

A Scania truck is caught testing revealing Volkswagen’s next BIG plan for India

Read more: Scania V8 R500 caught testing in Maharashtra
Why the registration state is from KA?

I had a bad experience with a Scannia Bus. We were travelling from Penang to KL in Malaysia to catch our flight back to india when the coach broke down. We had a horrid time as we were stuck on the highway for over an hour & almost missed our flight. We were saved by another Scannia ironically...
It happens, Poor maintenance will the issue more than the issue with the vehicle.

Why the registration state is from KA?
Since there plant is coming near Bangalore guess they would have registered here and these truck's travel across the length and breadth of our nation in the name of testing.

Thread Starter #18

these truck's travel across the length and breadth of our nation in the name of testing.
That's what they are used for right? They seem to test everything like the Mercedes.

Wow i can't imagine That mercs and Scania will be playing in a year in our roads!
But at the same time, i feel sad what would be the position of AL, Tata and the AMW.

L&T to stop Scania parts import from Belgium

November 8, 2012: Engineering and construction major Larsen and Toubro (L&T) is likely to stop importing automotive components directly from Swedish commercial vehicle giant Scania as the latter has set up its full-fledged Central Parts Centre (CPC) in India.

L &T is selling Scania vehicles, which are being imported as Completely Build Units (CBUs), designed for the mining and construction industry in India since 2007. To service the vehicles in the country, L&T has been directly importing parts from Scania’s central warehouse in Belgium.

Talking to Autocar Professional on the sidelines of Scania’s on-road trucks launch event in Bangalore on November 7, Suresh Ekambaram, director – aftersales, Scania Commercial Vehicles India, said: “The company’s CPC established near Bangalore is fully operational since October 23 and it will supply parts to L &T in India. L&T will stop importing parts from Belgium in a couple of weeks.”

He said the company will directly import parts from its parent warehouse in Belgium and stock parts at its CPC for the vehicles sold through L&T, and also the newly launched on-road heavy duty trucks which will be directly sold by Scania in India through its dealership network.

L&T stocks the imported components at its warehouse in Nagpur to distribute them across the country to service Scania vehicles. So far Scania has sold around 900 trucks through L&T in India.

Scania’s central warehouse in Belgium was inaugurated in 1993 and since 2007 has served as the parts distribution hub for the company’s 1,000 or so European dealerships and to the regional warehouses that supply Scania dealerships in the rest of the world.

Autocar Professional

Scania Launches P410 in India

Salient features of the P410 truck:

The new 410hp engine is optimized for low engine revs and thereby improved fuel efficiency.

The sturdy steel bumper protrudes 130 mm to protect the cab from minor bumps, an additional 80 mm compared to the previous protruding bumper.

Integrated in the bumper is a strong tow pin with a capacity of 35 tonnes, allowing the vehicle to be towed out of trouble without the need to unload in most situations.

A wide, slip-proof service step on top of the bumper for ease of access for the driver.

Scania Launches P410 in India

I drive Scania, Volvo, Merc Actros, DAF, Iveco, Renault, MAN etc. atleast 2-3 times a week & performance of Volvo is best. I do this in Euro Truck Simulator 2 [lol] which was released this October.

Thread Starter #23

Scania metrolink reached India for a great fight with the Volvos: Is this the real answer to the Volvo?

scania-metrolink-luxury-bus-sweden-622013-m1_560x420.jpg

pic source: Zigwheels.com

Scania metrolink reached India for a great fight with the Volvos: Is this the real answer to the Volvo?
Currently they are taking this bus on a south India trip, demonstrating it to the prospective customers.

Thread Starter #25

Currently they are taking this bus on a south India trip, demonstrating it to the prospective customers.
It resembles a lot like the Mercedes, but this body looks much better than the Sutlej built ones on the mercs, moreover i like the butchy looks of b7R.

Will it come in double axle version too, like Volvo B9R or Merc multi-axle ?
BTW, Merc bus built by Sutlej doesn't give premium look, the front & rear is so plain.[sleep]
Volvo looks the best to me, especially B9R.

Thread Starter #27

Will it come in double axle version too, like Volvo B9R or Merc multi-axle ?
BTW, Merc bus built by Sutlej doesn't give premium look, the front & rear is so plain.[sleep]
Volvo looks the best to me, especially B9R.
Currently they are busy with marketing the single-axle product, they might soon bring it if market demands, i think they might have it ready.

That Mercedes doesn't look good in any angle and near my office a Garuda owned Mercedes double-axle stands with ugly purple and green vinyls on the body, it's nothing but a rectangle! ouch ALs fare better in this regard.

350Z

Core Team

Guess what? Scania has now inaugurated their first ever manufacturing plant India.
Scania Commercial Vehicles India today announced plans to manufacture about 2,500 heavy haulage trucks besides 1,000 inter-city buses and coaches annually at its facility in Narasapura here.

Currently the localisation is 18 per cent for trucks and 100 per cent for bus bodies. Scania will also employ over 800 people at this facility within five years. The manufacturing facility with initial investment of Rs 250 crore was inaugurated by Karnataka’s Chief Minister, S. Siddaramaiah in the presence of Union Minister for Road and Transportation, Oscar Fernandes and Mr. Martin Lundstedt, President and Chief Executive Officer of Scania Global.

The facility will serve as company’s head office and centre for all commercial operations across the country. The operations will consist of final assembly of trucks with bodywork and building of complete coaches along with a service workshop and a central parts warehouse for timely service.

"It gives me great pride to see one of the largest global companies setting up plants in Karnataka,” said Mr. Siddaramaiah. “It will not only provide an impetus to industrial growth in the region but also present significant employment opportunities to local residents. With its superior technological processes, large-scale manufacturing set-up and eco-friendly focus, the plant is a testimony to our emphasis on inspiring corporate India to reach greater heights.”

Mr. Lundstedt said the state of Karnataka is an ideal location for company’s manufacturing operations due to proximity to customers. “Today marks the beginning of a new era for us in India, and it is our largest industrial footprint in Asia so far.”

The Narasapura plant will house two manufacturing units – one for truck assembly and another for buses. Scania started production of trucks at the new facility in Narasapura during June and production trials have started for mining and off-road trucks. Production of on-road trucks will start soon and the bus rollout is planned for the first quarter of 2014.

“Today’s ceremony is extremely significant to us, “Mr. Anders Grundströmer, Managing Director of Scania Commercial Vehicle India and Senior Vice President of Scania Group. “It illustrates our willingness to meet commitments and our ambition to provide sustainable transport solutions. I am sure this production line along with our total operating economy concept will create great quality vehicles and will be a strong witness of the Made in India label globally.”

With the country’s highway infrastructure improving and hub-and-spoke model gaining increasing acceptance, the domestic truck and bus industry is witnessing polarization. As the growth in heavy commercial vehicles segment outperforms overall industry growth rate, Scania aims to take the way India views transportation to the next level in line with the latest world-class manufacturing practices.
Scania-Plant-India.jpg

Scania-Plant-India-2.jpg

Scania-Plant-India-3 (3).jpg

Scania-Plant-India-3.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #29

^^ This is a great news, So we'll see Scanias hitting the roads very soon!! The plant is just 20km from my home, wish to see it one day.

Last edited:

Top Bottom