Savana Green Bajaj Dominar (D373): Ownership Review

Thread Starter #16
Hi Vijay,
After using this bike for many days.can you please share how is the bike color ? Is it looking dull or anything?
Its still as shiney and new as it was on the delivery day.No fading or dull anywhere that i see as of now.Will share pictures once i reach home.

Hello Mr. Vijay. My heart felt congrats on your new ride, D400, which I too admire. Please write more on its performance, smoothness, gearshifts, FE on the highway, top speed with reliability factor, ABS funcitonings, etc, etc. Our riders or ride lovers would love to read that from you.

Always ride sedate and safe. Wear all safety gears.

Happy and Safe Miles
Kumar

Thread Starter #18
Hello Mr. Vijay. My heart felt congrats on your new ride, D400, which I too admire. Please write more on its performance, smoothness, gearshifts, FE on the highway, top speed with reliability factor, ABS funcitonings, etc, etc. Our riders or ride lovers would love to read that from you.

Always ride sedate and safe. Wear all safety gears.

Happy and Safe Miles
Kumar
Thankyou for your wishes and kind words Kumar, surely i will share lot more about my experience with this machine.Stuck with work load and family socials for which unable to ride much.Let me finish my second service which would be coming up soon on 4K mark and will share more detailed ownership experience.

Hello Mr. Vijay
Congratulations on your new bike and a new ride. I was looking for someone who can guide and share their experience and performance on how it goes on roads. How much it is smooth for long touring. As I have seen the power of D400 But is it really safe for touring other regions and the environment.

Please give some advice about riding gears which are best.

Stay safe on roads
Vishal

Thread Starter #20
Hello Mr. Vijay
Congratulations on your new bike and a new ride. I was looking for someone who can guide and share their experience and performance on how it goes on roads. How much it is smooth for long touring. As I have seen the power of D400 But is it really safe for touring other regions and the environment.

Please give some advice about riding gears which are best.

Stay safe on roads
Vishal
Thankyou Vishal for your wishes.Without a doubt you can cruise on this bike cross country with comfort and power for which this bike is made for.You might not get the same experience at showrooms which is what i have been sharing regarding bajaj dealerships but apart then that the bike is a superb machine to own,ride, maintain.
As far as riding gears are concern do invest in them as they are life savers.Lot many brands are available these days in lots of price range, do share your requirement if any specific so can let you know more about it.Rynox gears for jackets,riding pants are very popular and gives good quality.Xda, spartanpro gears to name few.Also buy a good quality helmet which is a basic and first thing to get.SMK,MT,THh,Bell to name few.

congrats on D400 Vijay. even I am on same boat as you are, but only my mind is holding me back that I don need a bike right now. Also, interceptor was twin cylinder which was more smooth. Any riding diff between those two?

Thread Starter #22
congrats on D400 Vijay. even I am on same boat as you are, but only my mind is holding me back that I don need a bike right now. Also, interceptor was twin cylinder which was more smooth. Any riding diff between those two?
Thankyou for your wishes, well yes i do agree with twins from RE has better power and smoother engine but initial issues with them, niggles from RE which are never ending and budget kept me away from it.A dominar friend sold his dominar and bought interceptor and the way every now and then quality issues keeps croping up has surely made me feel the right decision it was to get dominar plus m a happy customer with the machine and not with the dealerships.

Thread Starter #23
Hello guys, hope everyone is doing good with their health and coping up with this pandemic all are facing.With the lockdown announced lot many plans got cancelled of my bike rides and it went standstill as everyone else's vehicles had been during the lockdown period.Still every few days i would make sure to start my every vehicles one by one, use them every once a while for buying necessary things when needed.Dominar was the least used but i did used it occassionally atleast within the society compound I would take a ride once a 10-15 days.
Once everything started to unlock and reopen had been getting calls from the service centres to get the second service done for my bike.
Odo stands at 3600kms when I finally booked my appointment at morning slot with a confirmation that I wont be keeping my bike there the whole day, and there was no issues tobe looked at apart from regular oils and cleanings, I was handed over the bike in an hour and 15 minutes.Oils changed, chains cleaned and lubed, the chain tightning bolt was a bit jammed that was adjusted back.Checked for any ecu error codes showns but were none.Shining new back to riding and the joy every rider would feel with the noise of exhaust sweet note coming is priceless.
Before the lockdown was announced, I had ordered few accessories from Carbon Racing for my dominar, a pillion back rest which was very much needed for my better half and my kids and second was handle bar raisers as it makes it all the more ease on my shoulders and siting posture.
Evening before I went to the service centre, did all the fittings done on the bike and it all fitted perfectly.Happy with my purchase as well as experience so far.Unable to do the justice with long rides but so far all good.
Also time came for insurance renewal where company guys were asking too much for the renewal and price difference was pretty much from them.Finally went with a family friend who does insurance work with The united India insurance co ltd and included protection for engine cover,spares, bolts as an addon for additional 150/-.Total premium came to Rs2409/- whereelse the same IDV and coverage compamy guys were asking for 4685/-.

Attachments

Top Bottom