Sat Sri Aakal to All!!!!

Thread Starter #1
Hi all, First of all very very sorry for my late introduction. this was supposed to be my first post but this is my 10th post (I guess) here in TAI. well u can call me lazy for this...[:D]

(People please watch out for my spellings and grammar)

My Real Name and Intro:
Hey all I am Amandeep Singh from Mumbai. Cars or anything related to it always fascinates me. It all started way back when i was a kid, where my Dad's work was also related to Automobiles (He is whole-seller of automobile spare parts and accessories-heavy vehicles like trucks and lorrys).

Why did I chose this user ID?: (gears1313)
Now this might sound you all funny. When I generally drive my car or bike I do a lot of gear breaking and in traffic I shift a lot of gears generally to be quick. this my friends hardly do this and they are always surprised how I was quick in such traffic and at last one of my friend told me that your name should be ‘geardeep’. from there the name came ‘gears’. sounds funny but thats it. now about ‘1313’.
I am a SIKH and in our religion now-a-days people has considered 1313 to be lucky. 1313 basically means ‘tera tera’...’yours and yours’ we believe that nothing in this life is Ours. it’s yours and only yours (yours here means God’s)...(everyone comes alone and goes alone so whatever we earn in life is ‘yours God’ and because of you). so you might have seen most of the cars and bikes here in Mumbai which has number ‘1313’ always belongs to a SIKH. it’s a trend now. so thought to use it here as I can have it for free without any 'chai-paani'(what we give to our RTO agents for the same).

This was about ‘gears1313’

My Age:
Basically till now I am a student and I have given my TYBMM exams and currently enjoying my vacations. also doing a side by side course of animation. I am 20years old!!!

Where do I live:
Mumbai (MH-01 and MH-43)

My Interests:
I am very much interested in cars and bikes and (basically I go by looks and I hardly care and have any knowledge about performance tuning all stuff..)Apart from these my other areas of interests includes drawing, listening music, driving, Photoshop and little bit of photography(mainly car and nature photography). Also I use to open up all my toy cars and fix them up...Thats why I love doing all the DIY kind of stuffs.

Automobiles You Own or Previously Owned:
As of now I have not started earning yet but here’s a huge list what we have owned till now I remember...

4 wheelers list:
(19**)Jeep: I was a small kid then...Dont know anything about model and all...(Sold)
(1995)Armada: White...(Sold)
(2003)Indica DLE: Emerald Green...(Sold)
(2005)Indigo LS: Black...(Sold)
(2008)DZire VDi: Silky Silver

2 wheelers list:
(19**)Side car scooter: I was a small kid then...(Sold)
(2003)Bajaj Chetak: Blue...(Sold)
(2005)Honda Eterno: Black...(Sold coz of an accident)
(2006)Bajaj Pulsar 150: Black...(Sold)(my first bike)
(2006)Honda Eterno:
(2009)Bajaj Pulsar 180 UG4: Coctail Wine Red
(2010 yet to be delivered)Honda Activa DLX: Candy Lucid RED

And what else can i say ??
And yes 'lets rock this place!!'[thumbsup]

regards

Amandeep aka 'gears1313'

350Z

Core Team
Geardeep, (Yes, I like that name) Welcome to The Automotive India. I must say this was just a perfect introduction of yours and never mind, as they say better late than never. I liked the story behind your user-name and that 1313 thing is new to me but indeed quite interesting. Your hobby of Animation and working on photoshop is nice, Just a suggestion - Why don't you mix your hobby and passion together and start creating renderings of upcoming rides or modify the current rides? We do have a specific thread for same which you may like and DIY section is waiting for you as well. Looking forward to spend some nice time with you by having interesting discussions here. Also, I'd request you to please go through forum guidelines once which have to be followed (unfortunately!) :smile: and for any community-related assistance, Don't hesitate to Contact our staff. Welcome once again!

Drive Safe,
350Z

Nice intro Amandeep. Welcome and hope you enjoy your stay here.

Sat Sri Aakal => Till now i was thinking (as speaking) that it is "Sas Sriaa Kal"[:)]

Hey geardeep welcome to TAI , thats a pretty good introduction!

And add me also to your list , i also don know much about the engine tuning and stuff! But i learn several things from here and bet even you will!! Looking forward to more informative posts from you!!

Welcome to TAI Aman! Our names are pretty similar it seems. Nice introduction there. Great to see another fellow Mumbaikar here. And you are a Mass Media student if I am not mistaken? You could very well help me out, I wanna go down the same line! Looking forward to active participation from you. Hope you enjoy your stay here and learn some technical stuff too [;)]

Sat sri akal amandeep!! Welcome to world of TAI and hope you will have great stay here and you got almost all kinda cars and bikes, share their pics and reviews with us. enjoy!

@RSM I also thought same! :lol!:

Thread Starter #11
So geardeep, (Yes I like that name) Welcome to The Automotive India. I must say this was just a perfect introduction of yours and never mind, as they say better late than never. I liked the story behind your user-name and that 1313 thing is new to me but indeed quite interesting. Your hobby of Animation and working on photoshop is nice, Just a suggestion - Why don't you mix your hobby and passion together and start creating renderings of upcoming rides or modify the current rides? We do have a specific thread for same which you may like and DIY section is waiting for you as well.......
Thanx '350Z' for a great welcome here in TAI...[thumbsup]

Nice intro Amandeep. Welcome and hope you enjoy your stay here.

Sat Sri Aakal => Till now i was thinking (as speaking) that it is "Sas Sriaa Kal"
Thank you 'RSM'...the correct one is 'Sat Sri Aakal' and not 'Sas Sriaa Kal". But anyways the pronunciation is the same say any thing but the meaning remains the same

Sat Sri Aakal paaji, welcome to TAI. Sikhs & parsis are always interested in cars! As you said, lets rock this place!
Thanx 'raj'...I agree Sikhs & Parsis are always interested in cars....but rest of the people also show interest it think.[:)]

That was a well written introduction. Welcome to TAI mr. gear..
Have a pleasant stay here.
Thanx 'blackbeauty'!!!

gears1313,Welcome to TAI,that's a good introduction.Enjoy your stay,I think we have similar interest in cars(only looks and no engine stuffs).
Hey geardeep welcome to TAI , thats a pretty good introduction!

And add me also to your list , i also don know much about the engine tuning and stuff! But i learn several things from here and bet even you will!! Looking forward to more informative posts from you!!
Thanx 'surendar' and "cooldhaya'...Good to know that there are people like me who are interested in looks and not engine stuffs...

Welcome to TAI Aman! Our names are pretty similar it seems. Nice introduction there. Great to see another fellow Mumbaikar here. And you are a Mass Media student if I am not mistaken? You could very well help me out, I wanna go down the same line! Looking forward to active participation from you. Hope you enjoy your stay here and learn some technical stuff too [;)]
Thanx 'amaan' we share similar names and I must say we share similar interests too...Yes bro I am a Mass Media (Advertising))student from khalsa college matunga...given my TY exams and waiting for results...

ilango[speed thirst];30748 said:
welcome man ,

yeah as raj say sikh have speacial intrest in car ,

2 out of 4 dealer are sikh for me .
Thanx 'ilango'

Sat sri akal amandeep!! Welcome to world of TAI and hope you will have great stay here and you got almost all kinda cars and bikes, share their pics and reviews with us. enjoy!

@RSM I also thought same!
Sat sri aakal and thanx 'Umang' for your reply. I'll try to post pics of my rides soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sat Sri Aakal paaji, welcome to TAI. Sikhs & parsis are always interested in cars!

As you said, lets rock this place!
Ohh comon rajeev there are some exceptions who are more interested in ICE than cars :p you see we go in depth hehe

welcome geardeep singh to TAI enjoy your stay [cheers]

Gears1313, Welcome to TAI and wishing you a enjoyable stay.

If you don't mind, can you tell what is the meaning of "Sat Sri Aakal"? Just curious.

@RSM. +1 on that. Actually I thought it to be Saas Riakaal.

Thread Starter #14
Ohh comon rajeev there are some exceptions who are more interested in ICE than cars :p you see we go in depth hehe

welcome geardeep singh to TAI enjoy your stay [cheers]
Thanx 'ramie2400' veerji[;)].....well my original name is Amandeep Singh and not 'geardeep singh'[:D]....nways you can call me anything!!![thumbsup]

Gears1313, Welcome to TAI and wishing you a enjoyable stay.

If you don't mind, can you tell what is the meaning of "Sat Sri Aakal"? Just curious.

@RSM. +1 on that. Actually I thought it to be Saas Riakaal.
Thanx 'JammyD' for your reply[:)]...well 'sat sri aakal' is used basically to greet some one, like people say 'Namaste','Jay Shree Krishna', 'Radhe Radhe', 'Vannakam", etc...similarly we say 'Sat Sri Aakal'[glasses]...hope its is clear!!

...well 'sat sri aakal' is used basically to greet some one, like people say 'Namaste','Jay Shree Krishna', 'Radhe Radhe', 'Vannakam", etc...similarly we say 'Sat Sri Aakal'[glasses]...hope its is clear!!
Don't mind me gearsdeep but I got that part, I mean I know when people say that and what they mean. [:)]
I was just curious to know the meaning of those words, I mean does "Sat" = "Jay" and "Aakal" is one of the main gurus? See what I mean?

Never mind, and it was also off topic.:offtopic: from my side.

Top Bottom