"Sarah": Mahindra XUV5OO Detailed Ownership Experience

bhvm

Honoured Member
suhas, Its difficult to say.
Cars come with variety of stuff like drain holes in the floor pan. Grommets to pass wiring. Firewall insulation. Additional rubber flaps or access holes. There are also places where gear lever linkages, Handbrake cables etc enter the cabin. When the car is new, all these things are sealed and nice. But sometimes Rats do their number on them. Which leaves vulnerability. If the snake is very small & thin, it could easily slip by a 1 inch wide torn rubber seal.

Just take a strong bright flashlight and keep checking the car 2~3 times a day. All i can say. If not found outside, do check under the seats. Under the dashboard and above pedals area specifically. This is where most of the wiring & Hoses enter the cabin from the engine area.

CERTAINLY DO NOT drive the car. If he's on suspension components, He'll get smashed. If He's inside cabin when you are in traffic, well god bless.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #257
Sounds a bit scary bhvm!! I let the car without touching till 8.30 pm and thinking it would give him ample time to move on. We went out to watch second show "Andhadhun" ([:)]just a coincidence but advance booked couple of days ago). I know it sounds bit crazy with all the apprehensions but had to pull out the car by collecting all my guts. There was some suspicion running back of my mind through out the drive but had to let it also experience multiplex if it is still managed somewhere. I sparingly turned on A.C to avoid accidental kill. I was in touch with M&M till last evening though they were not 100% sure on possibilities but were assuring that it must have already left from there.

It still leaves a question, several times when I drive on hill-stations and even parked the car in places without much thinking about such possibilities. Should I have to change my approach to be safer?

I am yet to inspect the vehicle today for any abnormalities.

Last edited:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
You have now driven the car for some distance and again parked in the theatre premises. The movement for some time (distance you have driven the car from your home to theatre) and again parked for a couple of hours. Thereafter the car was parked in your parking area for an overnight, I have a feeling the snake might have gone on its own (because of vibration/heat while the car is on the move).

Snakes, normally do not stay in a new place for long as they need to go for hunting their meal, however, some snakes come back to the same place in case they liked the hide out i.e. if it likes 'under your car' is more safe than its usual stay.

Any way, be little careful when opening/entering the car.

I don't think snake will remain inside, try using a pet (If you or neighbour have one ).

Say usually , in my home here , occasionally we have snake as visitor , but thing is as we have a cat here , chances are so rare , unless the climate is so fruitful for the reptile. I let my cat roam around my car (Though it has given me 2 nail mark on the ride too). But it makes sure rats or other such creatures don't enter the ride.

Regarding clutch - Recent batches of most cars have clutch issues pretty much earlier , and i suspect it is Release bearing. The thing is , new gen cars have softer clutch compared to previous generation ( Which has bit more harder one , and the thing is setup is pretty much built).
Only my thought , experts needs to comment.

Recently , in ASS , had seen Alto, Grand i 10, WRV(Diesel) , posing hardened clutch issue - All pointing it to clutch release bearing .
And thing is to replace bearing , the labour charge is same as Clutch overhaul charge , and the owner is convinced to change the clutch assy in whole , better than one component alone.

Hi Friends, this morning around 11.30 am some of our security guards in our community told me that there is a small snake (rat snake) entered in the area circled underneath my XUV. Looks like two of the guards chased it from either side of the car. So it got scared and disappeared but suspected to be entered into the space it is circled. I spoke to M&M service folks and they said it is most unlikely for the snake to sneak inside passenger cabinet. But there is a remote chance to get into the engine cabinet. I did not move the vehicle yet but started the engine couple of times. Opened the bonnet for visual inspection. I may leave it untouched until 8.00 pm. What would you be doing in situation like this? thoughts and suggestions are much appreciated.
Hi Suhas, just to rule out any suspicious thoughts, get a snake charmer and let him try, (I wonder if you have them freely in the south).

All the best.

bhvm

Honoured Member
Here is how i plugged Various grommet holes in my Safari!
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...t-my-safari-4x4-review-mods-4.html#post572760

There were about 50~60 holes total. In different locations. Some too small maybe 5mm Wide. Most of the holes were in floor pan (About 25 holes) for Water drain or Fitment of Plastic trims/Clips. Some were larger, about 25 to 30mm wide. I do not have pics of actual holes due to my excitement. Just foam that I plugged them with.

BTW I agree with what others said. Mostly snake might have escaped in the peace of the night.

Thread Starter #262
Thank you all for quacking jumping on to this. for coming days, I will try to inspect the car carefully while ingress and egress and rest leave it to Destiney. Hopefully things will be alright.

Thread Starter #263
I was passive for a while, due to professional reasons. Also, during this time, did not drive much as expected but it was kind of on and off. Now, the car is not starting due to much suspected battery discharge. Local mechanic tried with a different battery and it started and he placed the old battery back. I drove for 45 minutes and again due to winter the batter lost the charge. I tried restarting this morning no luck. Mechanic once again tried to jump started but it did not start. I think time has come to replace the battery? Any suggestions what make to go for? Also, approximate cost? or continue with AMRON OE stuff. Thanks in advance.

Top Bottom