"Sarah": Mahindra XUV5OO Detailed Ownership Experience

Thread Starter #241
Friends.

I experienced new set of issues only after 40 k servicing. BTW, 40 k servicing cost me around 13.5k. Today after month, when I took for general inspection, there were oil leakages identified and reported leakages were 1) input shaft oil leakage 2) Timing case leakage

Looks like Flywheel will be covered under warranty but they have asked me to replace clutch and cylinder..

My extended warranty will be ending by July this year. Is there anything should I be paying attention to get things covered?

Any inputs form your experience will be much appreciated.

bhvm

Honoured Member
Faulty clutch cylinders is common in XUV. Is your clutch plate actually worn out? If not, no need to replace entire clutch. BTW oil leaks from timing case & Others, I expect this to be replaced in warranty.

Thread Starter #243
Service advisor said he will do his best to find out what are all will be covered under extended warranty. I did not get a chance to look at the clutch plates to confirm the condition but going by phone conversation, clutch plates seemed to be worn out. I don't know whether it is the case with any of you, per my experience so far I realized new set of issues only after each servicing. Not sure the actual reason. None of these problems or even symptoms were identified during 40k serving done a month ago. As my extended warranty ending in a months time wanted to get some input from your personal experience. If there is anything particularly needs to be checked will follow up with them.

Attachments

Last edited:

bhvm

Honoured Member
40k is way to less for clutch plate to actually worn out. also clutch in Xuv is hydraulic self adjusting, so the chance of svc messing around with settings is slim.

my beast is at about 90k with stock clutch. expected clutch life is 1- 1.2L kms.

Unless the ride is run in continous bumper to bumper traffic,the clutch can last 80k-1L km as Mr.BHVM mentioned.
As you asked if you have warranty ,you can cover the suspension ,also turbo before warranty expires.It will prove fruitful in longer run.

Thread Starter #246
this is really confusing. I ended up changing clutch twice so far in 43k drive. Let me give some background here. I was on to a long drive (1.6K) prior to that took my car to the service station last week to have them check the break condition. Since at the time of 40k, they wanted me to replace brakepads then itself citing it has only life for another 1k but I have not. I drove beyond 1k after 40k servicing so wanted to be safe before the long drive. After inspection, they found two leakages one air with input shaft seal and second one with timing case. Timing case leakage would take 3days so he attended the first leakage. After opening, they called me suggesting to change clutch citing it was worn out. Apparently, I did not face any problem with the clutch. Unable to judge what is right here? You both are saying clutch would last 80k and within 40k ended up changing it twice. I can say that I am a seasoned driver and don't even drive that much in bumper-bumper traffic. How can we make a call when the technicians comes up with such recommendations? It cost me 23k this time. Clutch, cylinder, break pads + RSA. BTW, this is over and above 13.5k that I paid for 40k servicing. Just fyi, this time I took it to a different service center right after a month from 40k servicing. Any guidance or shed some lights to handle such situations?

Thread Starter #248
Yes, you are right with the one came along with new car this will be the 3rd clutch within 43k. Like I mentioned, they found a leakage at Input shaft (I pasted the picture above) and opened that part. Initially they said it would cost me RS 3500/- for labor itself. I received a call couple of hours later, and the advisor informed me that they found issues with flywheel and will repalce it under warranty. Along side they said clutch is also worn out and asked me to go for a replacement since they opened the part. Flywheel will be covered under warranty so there wont be any labor cost for clutch & cylinder work. All these conversations typically happen over phone. Thoguh I questioned the guy why the clutch situation was not reported during 40k servicing.. he did not have an answer. But since I have to go on long drive I yieled to his recommendation.

They leave the old parts in my car but couldn't figure out what is wrong with that. How can I question more on their genunity and a take bold stand in situations like this? Is there any under cover exploitation? I wanted to highlight my yesterday conversation, like I mentioned above they are yet to fix timing case leakage (I am just typing what he said) which was not attended since it takes 3-4 days. They said that is not a major issue for my long trip. After my trip I see oil leakage under the chasis and the guy says that is not a major issue at all probably they have to replace worn out seal. While I am having my own doubts, I am taking my car today for have them fix "any issues" before my extended warranty expires. But sharing my personal experience so far with two of the service centers, they talk very politely and somehow come up with similar recommendations to replace either break pads or clutch assembly citing there is no much life left within it.

Have you also faced a similar experience or am I over analyzing the situation? Hope this will inputs help someone to make future decisions.

Last edited:

bhvm

Honoured Member
XUV does throw random tantrums here and there. But what you are experiencing seems fishy. Do you have old clutch? Take it to another garage or FNG and ask him to inspect. Is it actually worn?

The SVC guys said that oil seal is gone and oil has leaked inside clutch? If so that destroys the clutch. But such damages are covered in warranty. They should give you a new clutch FOC. Shoot en email to customercare@mahindra.com. Ask them you want a regional or state level RM to look into your case. Watch the tables turn.

Pay up for extended warranty if you have not already.

Thread Starter #250
XUV does throw random tantrums here and there. But what you are experiencing seems fishy. Do you have old clutch? Take it to another garage or FNG and ask him to inspect. Is it actually worn?

The SVC guys said that oil seal is gone and oil has leaked inside clutch? If so that destroys the clutch. But such damages are covered in warranty. They should give you a new clutch FOC. Shoot en email to customercare@mahindra.com. Ask them you want a regional or state level RM to look into your case. Watch the tables turn.

Pay up for extended warranty if you have not already.
I will write to Mahindra about my experience. I will check with them the procedure to extend warranty beyond 5 years.

Thread Starter #251
this time it cost me .. 13700/- issues fixed
1) Timing case leakage - RS 6000/- for labour, don't know why this was not covered under warranty

In past 45 days my maintenece charges hit really high.
1) 40k serving 13500/-
2) Clutch and breakpad replacement [input shaft leakage] 21000[replaced flywheel is covered under warranty]
3) Timing case leakage, gear stick replacement - 13700

As per service advisor, since they are changing flywheel it is good idea to replace clutch as well that was the rational he gave me.

Wrote to Mahidra and yet to get response.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #252
Hi Friends, this morning around 11.30 am some of our security guards in our community told me that there is a small snake (rat snake) entered in the area circled underneath my XUV. Looks like two of the guards chased it from either side of the car. So it got scared and disappeared but suspected to be entered into the space it is circled. I spoke to M&M service folks and they said it is most unlikely for the snake to sneak inside passenger cabinet. But there is a remote chance to get into the engine cabinet. I did not move the vehicle yet but started the engine couple of times. Opened the bonnet for visual inspection. I may leave it untouched until 8.00 pm. What would you be doing in situation like this? thoughts and suggestions are much appreciated.

Attachments

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Hi Friends, this morning around 11.30 am some of our security guards in our community told me that there is a small snake (rat snake) entered in the area circled underneath my XUV. Looks like two of the guards chased it from either side of the car. So it got scared and disappeared but suspected to be entered into the space it is circled. I spoke to M&M service folks and they said it is most unlikely for the snake to sneak inside passenger cabinet. But there is a remote chance to get into the engine cabinet. I did not move the vehicle yet but started the engine couple of times. Opened the bonnet for visual inspection. I may leave it untouched until 8.00 pm. What would you be doing in situation like this? thoughts and suggestions are much appreciated.
If it is too much scared and feeling safety where it is now, then it may not come out easily. In some case, snakes entered in such situation come out in the night when they smell a rat or a frog which they can catch/eat. On occasions, it may again come to the same place after the catch as the new hiding place seems comfortable for the snake.

If the snake is still under the car, then little driving around may scare it further and chances are that it may come out or some time it never comes out because of totally scarred condition. . In such case you have to take the car to the service centre so that they can lift the car and check..

Let's see, if anyone else has any different idea !

bhvm

Honoured Member
XUV is pretty sealed underneath. However there are chances if Mice have chewed off rubber grommets and plugs, Snake might sneak its way inside. I believe the best thing to do now is nothing. Do not drive the car. Anything that you do to scare it going to force him deeper into the vehicle. Keep checking the vehicle for a few days (Interior/exterior)before driving it off. He might want to come out at night when its peace and quiet all around. Install a Dashcam/CCTV facing the vehicle if possible.

Thread Starter #255
so both of you are indicating the possibility of it hiding out there. Just now I pulled car from the parking spot and left on the pathway, leaving space for it to leave by itself in case it is still there. My concern is if I happen to drive the car tonight will that get crushed internally and lead to other ugly consequences.

bhvm, can you please confirm any chances it can getting into the passenger cabinet / inside the car?

BTW, I owe bunch of thanks to bhvm for pointing me to M&M with my previous occasion. In fact, it worked to an extent. M&M waived labour charges ~6k which supposed to be covered under extended warranty but was wrongly charged. Thanks once again. There is no easy way for them to refund the amount, I might repurpose to future work. Thanks once again.

Last edited:

Top Bottom