"Sarah": Mahindra XUV5OO Detailed Ownership Experience

Thread Starter #226
Re: "SARAH" - Detailed XUV 5OO Ownership Experience

Few updates on SARAH,

It got extended warranty (25909/-) for couple of more years. looks like M & M had revised the prices from last year and ended up paying couple of more thousands than my other colleagues.

Returned from a 1.8K trip to down south Madurai - Rameswaram - Kanyakumari.. Excellent trip and Sarah did an amazing job through out. Not much night driving except a three hour stretch on way back.

It is about to cross 20k mark now and is due for its 3rd servicing. Just prior to the trip I took XUV to the svc for an inspection as I was going on long drive. They suggested me to replace Break pads and upon further discussions they said it probably hold good for another 3k KMs. Is it possible to visually identify from outside the worn break pads? I decided to consider only after the trip. is there any prescribed timeline to replace the break pads based on general wear & tear? or is it ok to wait till the warning alert shows up? Any suggestions?

Pasting few snaps for enthusiasts to know what you get to see when drive southwards :)

1) Former President APJ Abdul Kalam's Grave Site (Lot of work needs to be done but good part is they picked a huge ground)
4) Pamban Bridge
5) Vivekananda Memorial rock
6) Madurai Meenakshi temple tower

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #228
Sarah came back from its third servicing, not sure why they call as free servicing - cost 13.3k.
What it under gone,
1) Fuel filter
2) AC filter
3) Oil filter
4) oil change
5) front break pad change (bigger slice)
Rest in the invoice.

I am surprised how come break pads warn out within 20 k it self. Good part is they suggested (good to) to replace before going on recent long drive but was able to put 3k on speedometer since then. Somehow, I believe pads have some more life but this is one thing you (at least I) never get to know the truth. After the inspection RM told me the break pads would last for another 500 km before getting a warning signal and was asked to make the choice. So decided to replace. I was much more comfortable with my previous RM but finding difficulties ever since he quit M&M. The guys are also attempting to help but the sense of urgency seemed to be lacking. Drive the beast and could feel it has undergone servicing[:)]

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #231
Service Rep called me and said it would cost 6.5k.. wondering bit high. But this 4th servicing which paid. no idea 6.5k is reasonable or not?

Thread Starter #233
haa!! just received a call from service rep, looks like rear break pads worn out needs to be replaced. I don't know how to believe all these. @bhvm, any idea how long (kms) back rear pads lasts in general?

haa!! just received a call from service rep, looks like rear break pads worn out needs to be replaced. I don't know how to believe all these. @bhvm, any idea how long (kms) back rear pads lasts in general?
That is what even I thought. Brake pads are good for 40-50K kms usually. 20K/30K is a bit unusual, although it depends on driving conditions. Just make sure that you see the pads replaced & confirm the same.

Thread Starter #236
That is what even I thought. Brake pads are good for 40-50K kms usually. 20K/30K is a bit unusual, although it depends on driving conditions. Just make sure that you see the pads replaced & confirm the same.
this goes just a theoritical. Even Relationship manager not quoting these #s. Front 20-25Km and rear 30-35KM. looks like For rear breaks there is no warning indicator as well. Last time it went for 3rd servicng they replaced front backpads. Now the rear. Is there a rush for catching all these with customer visit? million $ question.

bhvm

Honoured Member
Front 20k is good.
Rear should've been 35~40k.

Mine lasting 65k was an exceptional case.
Maybe your driving is in City traffic taking toll on Brakes.

Thread Starter #238
Front 20k is good.
Rear should've been 35~40k.

Mine lasting 65k was an exceptional case.
Maybe your driving is in City traffic taking toll on Brakes.
]

These guys have been following up with me for 30k servicing and this probably the list they any way have in mind. when we take home pick and drop their job becomes even easier. Per them if I don't change now it might come for another 2k. I think these guys are afraid that we won't be retuning to them or keen on making money now vs tomorrow. for them A customer in hand is worth than two on the road [:)]

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #240
I gave my car for 40k servicing!! I am bit slow to add more miles mostly it is city ride and load is shared between this one and my fiesta. What to expect part of 40k servicing? Also is there anything specifics can be checked part of extended warranty? Which will expire by coming Aug. Any suggestions?

Top Bottom