"Sarah": Mahindra XUV5OO Detailed Ownership Experience

Re: "SARAH" - Detailed XUV 5OO Ownership Experience

Hey Suhas,

I landed bit late here, congrats for your new white XUV man[clap]

Excellent review and pics buddy and wish you many and many happy miles with it[:)]

Thread Starter #32

Thanks much Gurrala74.
If you want to polish it all by yourself, then you could use,

Meguairs Ultimate Polish (Available in 3m Stores @749/ 473 ml) or
Mothers Synwax FX Polish (available online around Rs 1200) or
Duragloss Total performance polish, DG 105 (not easily available in India)
There is one more polish BlackDiamond Instant Polish

After applying polish you can then apply any Carnuba Wax available in most of the stores, (i have Formula 1 )

Its a pretty tiring job but you would love it once you are done with Polishing.
Vicky, it really helps.

BTW, I still liked Johnson's baby shampoo idea, am going to get that too.[:)]

Last edited:

well detailed review., congrats for your new XUV enjoy the experience :)

Thread Starter #34

rakeshkn thanks for your wishes.

Friends, One quick question,

Will there be any warranty on OEM accessories? I am not sure how it works in case of any defects.

Hi Suhas,
Congrats buddy on your white beast and nice review. I am planning to go for the W8 version and even I am looking for the white colour. I think white is the best suited for this beast. I ave one question Suhas. Since you purchased the beast recently do you think it is the updated version and if so have you faced any major problems as such. By the way enjoy your beast buddy [:)]

Thread Starter #36

Thanks RagMax.

Since you have some concerns about GC here is the picture to get you a sense. Looks like you are already on verge of making your choice, but still skim through the general car buying tips, might come handy. So far we are [:D] enjoying the ride. But you know what, every time I wanted to pull SARAH out either rains heavily or fuel prices go up [:)].

Coming to issues, I had gone through a similar confusion but went ahead with my decision upon getting clear personal assurance from M & M straight. Just to highlight, the beast has gone through two plus years of fine tuning since its inception.

General thumb rule, take it for test drives as many times as you can and decide once you are absolutely convinced.

Good luck with your shopping.

Attachments

Last edited:

Thanks RagMax.

Since you have some concerns about GC here is the picture to get you a sense. Looks like you are already on verge of making your choice, but still skim through the general car buying tips, might come handy. So far we are [:D] enjoying the ride. But you know what, every time I wanted to pull SARAH out either rains heavily or fuel prices go up [:)].

Coming to issues, I had gone through a similar confusion but went ahead with my decision upon getting clear personal assurance from M & M straight. Just to highlight, the beast has gone through two plus years of fine tuning since its inception.

General thumb rule, take it for test drives as many times as you can and decide once you are absolutely convinced.

Good luck with your shopping.
Thanks Suhas,
Yes I will be taking the test drive but wanted to get a confirmation that the new model is already on road. Just saw the picture, if I am not wrong that silver thing is the covering over the fuel tank protecting it from the hot exhaust pipes. Is there a small dent on it. Did the car hit something hard on the road. Hoping to join the XUV owners bandwagon very soon. Happy driving your beast buddy [:)]

Congratulations
Beautifully explained each n every aspect of the buying process.
Good to hear you did get freebies and corporate bonus.
I dint get any freebies though postponed my booking for a month and bargqined hard.

Thread Starter #39

Thanks Manoj for your wishes.

Yesterday, my key-less remote did not work on my way back to home. I entered manually.Went home and checked with second key - it worked. Looks like battery got discharged. In case of manual the side rear view mirrors don't close automagically with car lock, one observation.

I suspect keeping the key close to mobile in same pocket something to do with the discharge.

Last edited:

^ you should be getting a free replacement of batteries.

just call the RM and he should deliver the batteries right to your doorstep i guess

Have to confirm, wether the remote battery discharges by placing it with mobile phone in same pocket.

@superbad
RM deliveres batteries ?

Thread Starter #42

@Superbad, RM told me he would deliver the battery this weekend. As per RM that may the remote over used prior to delivery, so it got drained quickly.

I was just suspicious whether it has anything to do with placing next to a mobile, since it is just weeks from the time I took the delivery.

Last edited:

Have to confirm, wether the remote battery discharges by placing it with mobile phone in same pocket.

@superbad
RM deliveres batteries ?
you need not visit the service centre for replacement of batteries(remote), so early. especially when other set of key is working fine.

since it is a brand new car, they should be the one visiting to your place to replace batteries of the remote.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #44

SARAH turns 1 month today. I am yet to show freeways otherwise I am enjoying the ride so far. More than I, both my mom and daughters are. Due to heavy rains in Chennai I was not able to take it out a lot. On top of rains, Kids are also busy with their exams so waiting for holidays to go for a long drive.

Looks like TML has heard my inner voice[:)] In recent weeks, I see them advertising Storme on TV. in fact I came across couple of Stormes on Chennai roads[clap]. This morning when I was heading to my work, it was an Urban Bronze over took my beast. By the time I pull my phone camera, the Storme got passed the exit I supposed to take. it was really good to find that from my view finder. [:)], alas close contender during my car hunt.

Last edited:

Top Bottom