"Sarah": Mahindra XUV5OO Detailed Ownership Experience

Thread Starter #211
Re: "SARAH" - Detailed XUV 5OO Ownership Experience

Would it be possible to cover the camera with some cloth? wrap it couple of times may be for better insulation? just thinking out of the box....
I did not get this? But if you wrap it audio might not be recorded, that is my guess.

So far, I am using the dashcam without any issues. At times, I rotate to capture different directions. At home I carry it with me to take any backups, if needed.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #212

I came across this one with LED strip fitted but wondering is that something available widely? If so, does any one has idea how much roughly it costs? What are we supposed to ask the shop gusy? I sm aware BHVM did it himself [clap] but I am not that expert. Thoughts are welcome.

Attachments

Last edited:

Something that huge will cost at least 25k in India.

I inquired from a local accessory shop in Pune for a 4*10W LED bar, the price quoted was 16k.
Later on I got one from aliexpress.com for 3.2k. In aliexpress.com the above one is quoted @92USD plus shipping. And you will have to import duties if any. Frankly, speaking I am not happy with the illumination of mine, looks like I will have to invest some more to get the desired illumination.

The problem with these kind LED bars is that the angle of throw is not as focussed as the XUV's high beam and hence they scatter up till the trees and sign boards, becuase of which the illumination which is required in front of the vehicle is all messed up.

if you are looking proer high range illumination i would suggest you to install 40-55W LED bulbs in the High beams instead of these or get a proper Auxilliary headlamps from Hella or Nightforce etc and install some HIDs in them.

Thread Starter #214

Thanks kinshuk.arya. I assume the main reason going for such bars is not to mess up with M&M Warranty hassles but that said with the set of headlamps night driving is bit scary. So definitely i have to upgrade as you suggested, LED lamps or auxiliary fittings. Recently, I got a roof carrier but not too fancy. I am thinking of dismantling it and put it back when needed but suspect might of scratches. Axillary lamp set (Hella or Night force) could be another option I am considering, But are expensive too [;)]

Last edited:

yeah they are expensive thats how I ended up buying the LED bar. but these kind of bars are better for off roading or jungle use or camping but definitely not worth for driving.

bhvm

Honoured Member

these are known as off road led lightbars, and for a good reason. they're not adhering to DOT or any SAE standard road beam pattern hence they make massive amounts of glare when used carelessly.

I have 4x 10w cree xml2 version and it lights up like anything. even the trees!

BTW, I'm against stupid hella etc lamps, not only they spoil the looks of your vehicle but do not solve glare problem. try putting HID in your projector lowbeams rather.

these are known as off road led lightbars, and for a good reason. they're not adhering to DOT or any SAE standard road beam pattern hence they make massive amounts of glare when used carelessly.

I have 4x 10w cree xml2 version and it lights up like anything. even the trees!

BTW, I'm against stupid hella etc lamps, not only they spoil the looks of your vehicle but do not solve glare problem. try putting HID in your projector lowbeams rather.
Having HID in projector is the best solution I found so far.
This beast needs eye transplant very badly ! [evil]

Thread Starter #218

After series of SMSs and phone reminders from Mahindra Service, today got SRS software upgrade. I tried my best to understand what the heck this upgrade is but no clue? Do you have any idea?

Has anyone gone for extended warranty? Again received SMS from Mahindra and looks like it cost 22k. I am thinking of getting it, any thoughts or suggestions, plz?

bhvm

Honoured Member

I still haven't got the srs upgrade because it's 340kms for me. anyways I guess it's a software upgrade that adjusts the airbag deployment sensor rate and timings I guess.

about extended warranty, I guess you can go for it.

Thread Starter #220

I wanted to exchange tyres for my ford fiesta classic, do you recommend to buy online? Any suggestions.

Thread Starter #221

Hi XUV owners, any one gone for 2 years extended warranty? last time when I spoke it was 22k and looks like they revised to 25k now. Is there a rational in jacking up the price that way? Any thoughts or suggestions on getting extended warranty?

Are we supposed to get all three free services (5k,10k,20k) in 1st year it self? When I called the service folks they told me I should have expended all three services 1st year it self? Is that same across other places as well?

Appreciate your inputs.

Last edited:

Hi XUV owners, any one gone for 2 years extended warranty? last time when I spoke it was 22k and looks like they revised to 25k now. Is there a rational in jacking up the price that way? Any thoughts or suggestions on getting extended warranty?

Are we supposed to get all three free services (5k,10k,20k) in 1st year it self? When I called the service folks they told me I should have expended all three services 1st year it self? Is that same across other places as well?

Appreciate your inputs.
Hey Suhas, I am also getting my extended Warranty this february, the reason cited by ma are 'Mahindra".

the 20kor one year sevce clause is no loner there, the fress serices can be done as and when yo reach the kilometer milestone.

Thread Starter #223

Thanks kinshuk.arya. I was told exactly the same by the dealer at the time of buying. Today service guy responded I should have got it done within 1 year. Also, he advised me to double check my service manual. Since I left my car at my work place was not able to check. I am surprised at his response.

I am going to write to Mahindra Customer service.. this is definitely kind of deceiving.

Thread Starter #225

Sarah - got wheel alignment and balancing last week. Waiting to get this done ever since it crossed 15K.Rear side alignment is bit cumbersome [:)]

Attachments

Last edited:

Top Bottom