"Sarah": Mahindra XUV5OO Detailed Ownership Experience

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Re: "SARAH" - Detailed XUV 5OO Ownership Experience

Did you just remove the side steps to install jack.I am pointing to the second last pic on page 13. I wonder why the left side sidestep is shifted in Position?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #198

Yesterday Sarah came back from its 2nd Servicing. It cost me RS 1608/- definitely much lower than my ford fiesta on any given day & year [:)] BTW, they got me wash and polish for free part of purple club program. "Shining Sarah" [clap]

mayankdixit

Honoured Member

Oh my bad.Thanks for correcting me.Its very obvious in the picture,how did Imiss it I wonder?

Thread Starter #202

At last necessity took over the looks. Sarah got a new rack today :)

Attachments

Thread Starter #204

I did not know much about this brand but definitely like the one you had. That brand (Quest) was not known here.this one cost me 5000.00. There are only few brands available in all the shops I visited. mtrack, ctrack and this one. I did check several shops but did not have luck. I need to get this fixed today as I am hitting road tomorrow with full capacity. feel sorry for not having space for any luggage. Being a Sunday not many options left out. I am also worried whether this would leave any scratches on body. Any idea? I will have to unplug this after the trip and put it back on need basis..Is that tru that same brand would fit to Innva, Tavera, and XUV but only bracket size differs.

Last edited:

bhvm

Honoured Member

actually removing it every time can cause more scratches. my roof rack has been there since I brought one. other than slight wind noise there's no other difference. my arch type costed only 6.5k!

On a slightly different note - unless one use the rack frequently, it is not a bad idea to share the rack! Perhaps, among 'friendly TAIns'?? [:)]

I am surprised someone has not come up with a 'rental' for rack and other accessories which one would need during long trips.

Thread Starter #207

We just came back from a 1.6k road trip. Tons of moments and absolutely refreshing through out. BTW, Dashcam operated at its fullest capacity and I am yet to replay the stuff. We were on piligrimage to cover most of the temples in Andhra pradesh. Started with Vijayawada Durga temple, Annavaram, Draksharamam, then Bhadrachalm (Boat trip) and few more. Usually, you don't get to see a lot when you travel by train or even by other modes but when you are top of your own wheels it gets you a different feeling - your are the king of the road. We pulled into several places to capture moments especially green fertile fields along the banks of river Godavari. Acquired new set of skills, I know how to tie a tarpaulin..it is really pain in the B*t when you are doing it for the first time. The energies we find will get us going fully charged for another quarter or even beyond.

Happy New year !!!

Attachments

Last edited:

Hello People,

When you park in hot sun , what do you do with Dash Cam? Remove and keep it inside or let it remain as is ? I had left the camera once and the suction mount couldn't hold the heat I guess. Camera was on floor. [roll]

bhvm

Honoured Member

Hello People,

When you park in hot sun , what do you do with Dash Cam? Remove and keep it inside or let it remain as is ? I had left the camera once and the suction mount couldn't hold the heat I guess. Camera was on floor. [roll]
do remove it.
heat may damage the camera too.

@suhas, the pictures are pretty good btw! realistic....

Would it be possible to cover the camera with some cloth? wrap it couple of times may be for better insulation? just thinking out of the box....

Top Bottom