Same Old Diesel or Petrol Dilemma. But with a Twist

Thread Starter #1
hello automotive indians.

i invite all the number crunching/or not members out there to help me decide on my next purchase/replacement.

current situation- we have one diesel and one petrol cars. the petrol is a maruti a-star and has done nearly 25k kms in 15 months.
now here is the problem. my/family's running is a lot and completing 85k in 32months in a diesel ikon is a testament to the fact.
so i need to look at other options to keep my running costs in check.
Monthly running is around 1500 kms in petrol hatch.

option 1- sell the hatch off, buy a beat diesel base model.
i am getting quotes like 230k for my 15 months old car. the car is on installment and the emi is 7360rs. if i clear the loan i would have to pay 190k.
beat would be 480k on road. please take into consideration that my running will increase to 2000 kms as i would be shifting base soon. i bought astar for 360k.

option 2- plonk a cng kit and run it illegally. as my city's rto does not give cng conversion permission.

option 3- there is no option 3. could be that i would keep the car and use it.
and keep on bleeding money.

please assist as i need to take a decision by 30/6.

Hi Wildkid, you are not the first one , many are there. I will try to explain you on in descending order.

Option 3 - Complete Big Bold NO

Option 2 - A new CNG kit for car might cost you anything from 20k-30k. Plus added risk of getting caught as it is illegal where you stay. But as you said you are shifting your base, Is CNG allowed at new place? If no then don't go ahead with it.

Option 1 - Yes go ahead and buy Beat diesel base model, let me explain you the calculations.

A-Star sold : 2,30,000
loan repayment : 1,90,000
Money left : 40,000.
You put more :50,000 (as it is you have to put more 30,000 if you install CNG) for down payment and go for Beat Diesel.
EMI of new car for loan of about 4,00,000 would be more or less same as what you are paying now.

I hope this helps. [:D]

350Z

Core Team
hello automotive indians. i invite all the number crunching/or not members out there to help me decide on my next purchase/replacement. Monthly running is around 1500 kms in petrol hatch. please assist as i need to take a decision by 30/6.
Beat Diesel surely makes some sense. Else, retain the car and equip it with CNG or LPG depending upon the availability as well as the permission of RTO in the new area.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Does it make more sense to buy say a wagonr petrol with so many discounts and fit and cng kit or buy a CNG wagonr from maruti [surprise]

Thread Starter #5
bummer...my a-star got rear ended. my driver was driving. yet to see the damage. currently out of town. thr goes beat diesel.
[cry]

dude where do you stay in new delhi , I stay in west delhi and had no issues getting CNG on my 10 year old M 800. already drove 30,000kms after the same and no issues at all running like a champ
i have it on my RC from district centre janak puri
total cost with kit 25K

Top Bottom