Safe Stunting – Techniques and Precautions

Thread Starter #17

lxi.

Suspended
Re: STUNNING STUNTS: Techniques and Precautions: First on TAI!

TypeR, Thanks. The problem is not my skills, it is that my cars are FWD. I tried in my Honda City as it was most powerful low height car in my house. The place was a sandy ground on which most cars slide easily. I tried as you said but the tail was not coming out, so slightly applied the Handbrake, the car skidded a bit but catched speed instead of sliding! That was really very embarrassing after the third try :\

Guys do we need to discuss such thing on forum.[confused]

I feel that we need not have a discussion on such matters, and put others life into danger.

Please don't try such things on roads, concentrate on your driving and improving it.

So fellow members, please don't share any of your thoughts, as you are indirectly preaching others to do some stunts, and putting others life in danger.

Well,after enjoying a lot of stunts I am in favor of:-
Either make them your career else don't break your as well as your vehicle's skeleton in them..

Still,any queries are welcome..
About putting the lives in danger,DRIVING ON OUR ROADS IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN STUNTING...

but even FWD cars can technically drift. i know someone who did on on loose surface in a swift. will ask him how he did it and will revert.

I am yet to drift a FWD car(made thousands of power slides) but yes if the car don't have ABS then you can enjoy some serious reversing stunts.

Thread Starter #22

lxi.

Suspended

@Mukeshus - Sorry bro! But, I have asked permission from 350Z. Sorry. MODS : IF INAPPROPRIATE, PLEASE DELETE THE THREAD. THANKS.

@TSIvipul - Hehe! Right! Driving is more dangerous than stunting here! Reverse 360s are really easy in non ABS car. Just turn the steerign Fully left and engage reverse gear and with a lot of revs, leave the clutch all of a sudden. If necesssary, Put on the Handbrake also (I manage without that also). Have fun. Drive safe!

@Type-r - Appreciate your efforts bro. Thanks.

Drive safe, Lxi.

Okay,now its my turn(I'll explain the advantages(seldom application) too for these stunts):

Car stunts:-

Burnouts:Simple they are,apply the handbrake and make the use of accelerator+steering combo and let your car turn in any direction like its pivoted at the rear(for front wheel drive cars).
This stunt is really very much helpful on the congested parking spots like in malls etc or taking 'U' turns on quite narrow roads.
Also you get some open mouthed glares too.

Power slide:Power slide is nothing else except a handbrake play.
Its upon you how you use your handbrake.
Either go with a light handbrake use-this will not lock the rear wheels completely but will make them slightly slow and you can have a very fantastic experience of this on winding roads as it gives you the feel like the rear wheels are moving on the tracks of the front ones,or say neither they goes out of track nor they go inside the track.In this case they will completely lock only if you give quite high steering input and you make the car go straight and wheels come back to grip again.

Medium handbrake use:This is best for making your car slide on loose surfaces like sand,cemented ground etc.This will just lock the rear wheels but will give your straight line grip.Or say your tyres won't remain locked while moving in straight line.You can find any empty stretch of road,just drive your car and start pulling handbrake slowly.After some pulling you will notice that engine has started showing some signs of running on load but your rear wheels are still moving.Now this is the time of having fun.Now leave the handbrake at this position only and give steering inputs,even lighter ones will also send the rear out of line and make the car go straight and you again get the grip.

Complete handbrake use:Everyone knows it and its effects.So I need not to explain it.

The two stunts mentioned above are a must try if you people are keen on stunting.I am sure you will become a fan of the light handbrake use.It gives very much confidence and once you are expert in it,it gives fantastic joy on winding hilly roads and allow you take the turn at the speeds you never even thought of(One I took at turn at 70 kph on a hilly road using this technique).
Strict precaution:If you are not expert in giving very high steering inputs,or are unable to turn steering lock to lock position within 1-2 seconds then please don't try these stunts on roads..Because once car loses the direction its really handful to control it then.
Secondly,never try them on uneven surfaces or surfaces with different grip levels else you will end up doing something else but not what you are trying to do.

Thread Starter #24

lxi.

Suspended

Very informative TSI.

My friend did a stunt on i10 (old one sportz).
He turned the steering to the extreme left and revved the car in second gear to its max! The front wheels started giving out smoke and the car did some 10-15 rounds on cemented road giving deep marks of rubber on the road! The "Crrr" sound was coming from the tyres! Lol!
If you have some Need For Speed /any other racing game, then you can see the stunt in that game by accelerating and turning the car left/right when it is in stop position.
Actually, He was taking a U Turn with light handbrake on and the car slipped and he revved revved and it came to be a nice stunt with the car rotating like hell and white smoke all aorund! and smell of burning rubber followed by screech of tyres!

the problem i find in my civic is that my handbrake doesnt actually lock the wheels. i mean it does when car is stationary but when car is moving, it doesnt really lock it.

I tried to keep away from this thread,but now I am in..

the problem i find in my civic is that my handbrake doesnt actually lock the wheels. i mean it does when car is stationary but when car is moving, it doesnt really lock it.
Buddy most of the cars with all four disks don't end up locking the rear wheels.In this case you need handbrake+steering input to lock the wheels.
Just keep the car moving at 30-40 kph,apply handbrake to its full(for novices its better to try this way).Now give a sudden steering input and then see your rear wheels will get locked(I hope the Civic in Bangkok doesn't have TCS,else you need to switch of the TCS).Now bring back the steering to slightly turned position,not straight else your rear wheels will move again.
And yes,this steering input thing must be done within a second,so it requires quite a bit of practice to do it.

ah sure will try it soon obviously on an open ground which is like hardly a few hundred meters away from home. thanks Vipul.

Well,after enjoying a lot of stunts I am in favor of:-
Either make them your career else don't break your as well as your vehicle's skeleton in them..

Still,any queries are welcome..
About putting the lives in danger,DRIVING ON OUR ROADS IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN STUNTING...
So to do stunts aren't you driving??[;)]

Definitely we are driving,but not on roads..[glasses]
And if they are being done on the roads,then the roads are already dangerous,let it be slightly more.

Here comes the unique way of justifying my words:
Who doesn't like the peace of the beach,but the joy of sailing across the storm is different in itself...:biggrin:

350Z

Core Team

Guys do we need to discuss such thing on forum.

I feel that we need not have a discussion on such matters, and put others life into danger.

Please don't try such things on roads, concentrate on your driving and improving it.

So fellow members, please don't share any of your thoughts, as you are indirectly preaching others to do some stunts, and putting others life in danger.
Stunting in itself is not a crime but how and where it is performed sure could be. There should not be an issue discussing about it as long as the topic encourages safe and legal stunting techniques (as clarified in the opening post). Please feel free to report the posts which encourage illegal or unsafe driving. We assure to promptly look into it.

The stunt practices have killed many but here, in this thread, it is my request that do post the stunt along with SAFETY MEASURES AND PRECAUTIONS. (Please keep in mind before posting or It can be reported as infraction).
Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom