Safe Stunting – Techniques and Precautions

Thread Starter #1

lxi.

Suspended
MODS: PLEASE REMOVE THIS THREAD IF IT IS AGAINST THE FORUM POLICIES
Also, Please move this in the appropriate section.

TAI’ns : Do rate this thread (and me also)! Thanks for reading and co-operation.[lol]

STUNNING STUNTS

As the name of the thread suggests, this thread is purely based on STUNTS!

After regular consideration and advices/Talks with our forum member “SaiShibu38380”, I (“Lxi.”) created this thread with the permission from Mods(The Permission was taken by Saishibu from 350Z). So, Lets begin-

Powerslides, Wheelie, Stoppie, Burnout, Donuts, Circles, Reverse 360, Rolling Stoppie, 360 (Two wheelers), White Smoke, Burning Rubber![evil]

Every one (Including most of us) has an Addiction for stunts, Most probably in their teenage, but for some of us, who still have the JUNOON inside, Stunting is a bit of Entertainment/Pleasure/Addiction/Adventure! So, This thread is for all those Stunt tricks and Experiences you have come across. STUNTERS MOST WELCOME!

The stunt practices have killed many but here, in this thread, it is my request that do post the stunt along with SAFETY MEASURES AND PRECAUTIONS. (Please keep in mind before posting or It can be reported as infraction).
You can post all your experiences or tricks in detail with technique to do that along with precautions while performing the stunts. Also, if possible, Try to get the pic/video of the stunt mentioned by you. Do give the type (CAR or BIKE) of stunt before more info. This thread is solely for all vehicle stunts (Let it be SUV/MUV/CAR/Bike/Other 2 wheeler/Anything on wheels!) and all are invited to give due and active participation in this!

Thanks for co operation.

So, This was all about info before pasting. Now, Let me begin with the first stunt practice here-

CAR STUNT-

Stunt Name- SLIDE (No, Its not powerslide)

Technique-
PUT SEATBELTS ALWAYS! SPEED THRILLS BUT KILLS!
1. Take the car to some open place (Maybe some ground,etc) and start in first gear (Take the RPMs to higher levels) till the car reaches 20kmph.
2. Shift to second gear without wasting a second! Race the engine and push your foot down. Get to some speed of 40kmph and maintain it (If needed shift to third gear, But do not overspeed, The car might topple/Roll Over).
3. Turn the Steering to Extreme Right on LHD car and Left on RHD cars As fast as you can!(Be sure,that you do not fall to other side, E.g. by turning the handle Right on Right Hand Drive car.)
4. As soon as you reach a stable speed and turn the steering, RIP/PULL UP THE HAND BRAKE! (Be sure that you do not apply brakes)
5. The car will slide from the rear, Don’t get tensed its normal even if the car slides a bit more. HAVE FUN!

Cars on which the stunt is tested personally-
Maruti Alto (with power steering), Old MAruti Zen, Mahindra Scorpio (DO NOT PERFORM on SCORPIO! PLEASE! IMHO), Ford Figo, MAruti New Swift, Maruti old Swift, Honda City ivtec, Honda Civic.

SAFETY POINTs-
1. Do not perform this stunt on tall cars, They have the fear of rolling over!
2. Always put up seatbelts.
3. Do not carry any passenger in the car except you.
4.Roll Up the windows!
5. Tell all your friends to get at suitable distances beforehand.
6. PERFORM UNDER SUPERVISION!

Tested By-
Me and other Friends.

Tested at-
Indian Oil Ground, Near Sec12 Court, Sec-12, Faridabad.

PRECAUTIONS-
1. Do not overspeed before ripping handbrake up (the vehicle may roll over, I have personally tried on 45kmph)
2.If the car is uncontrollable, Better apply the Brakes.
3. Do not perform in area with Trees, Boards, Poles, Street Light poles and PEOPLE.
4. Do not test on an INCLINED surface.
5. NEVER EVER Turn the steering on the same side where you are sitting! Even you may roll over.

More will follow from my side.Hope so from other TAI’ns also.

Cheers.

Waiting for more (Atleast 15-20 In 2 days!) replies. Also, You can ask any queries/ Problems you have while performing.

Drive Safe.
LXi.[thumbsup]

Re: STUNNING STUNTS : Techniques and Precautions : First on TAI!

i have done burnouts on many cars (including my Civic!)

burnouts are easy. just floor it with handbrake on. or brake pedal pressed. most satisfying was in my cousin's Merc E300!

have tried slide/drift in nano no videos taken so far

technique for nano
1. move the car in 1st gear till it reaches 20km/h
2. hold the hand brake to its half and turn the steering
3. then pull the hand brake fully till it reaches halt

BTW you can have a drift by holding the hand brake fully till it slides and suddenly releasing and giving full accelerator

tried 360 long back and the result is in the video

tata nano - A fun with this ride - YouTube

Somehow, I love my cars sooooo much that I cant even think about doing such things with my car. For me, my car is my buddy. It pains if I miss a pothole & crash him into it. And anyways I feel my car is not meant for such abuse. If I love him, he will love me back. That is my opinion.

Ooops, sorry for this 'bummer' post.

Please add the complete lisr of safety precautions. Performing stunts in open areas is public safety, doing under supervision is private safety precaution, having the right tyre pressure for drift / power slide is vehicle's safety. Tyre pressure plays a vital role in powerslide than your hand brake.

Somehow, I love my cars sooooo much that I cant even think about doing such things with my car. For me, my car is my buddy. It pains if I miss a pothole & crash him into it. And anyways I feel my car is not meant for such abuse. If I love him, he will love me back.
+1
I love my car(s) like anything. Even my friend's call it as my second wife [:)]

i know what Raj means but i love my car and i always have this feeling to do something with it. so i have done only burnout on the civic that too when it was nearing its tire change so it was fine.

on the merc though, did on really really open grounds. i did burnouts and drifts. well when i say drifts just some powerslides. it was cool though.

Stunts..ah..I simply was fond of them some 2-3 years back.No day used to pass without at least one power slide in the Swift and at least one wheelie and stoppie on my new(that time)Pulsar 200.
But now,gone are those days,now I am more in education+business combo as compared to the that time education+stunts etc combo.

About stunts,the time I took 'SANYAAS' from the stunts,those days I had some experience of:-
Bike stunts:Wheelies,stoppies,rolling stoppies,burnouts and christ(standing ont he seat)..Here in Meerut was a small group of stunt bikers called Gravity warriorz,those days I was an active member of that group.

Car stunts:Power slides(now I have enough practice of them),drifts(done a lot on our Safari and Scorpio),Burnouts(did today itself on the Corolla).

Now I have limited them as an occassional even because I have lately identified the risks to the man and machine involved in stunting.Here are some of them:-

Maintenance costs increase in many folds.
No matter how much protection you use,but after bike stunts you can't protect yourself from slight joint pain etc.
Tyres go out of service 4-5 times faster than regular usage.
On my Swift,I found that wheel alignment used to get disturbed nearly every week.
Suspension of your vehicle can any day kiss you a goodbye.
I got my 200's front telescopic fork broken thrice and my fingers broken once and my shoulder bone misplaced one,do I need to say anything more?

Where is Ilango,he also seems to be quite experienced in stunts?
Rest,still I can say that I have enough experience to clear minor queries..

:offtopic:Although I was also thinking of starting something like this thread,but was scared if this will add one more infraction point to me..:lol!:

Stunts - the favorite of mine. Just tried some thing with cars , when ever possible.

Havent tried some serious stuff - reason , not in a position to pay up after something bad occurs.

did a 90 degree drift in sierra , with new tyres in ecr - i mean good thar road.

many slides starting from 800 /swift.accent crdi etc. Nothing much costlier vehicles.

Lot of wheel spins , may be first TAI meet some may remember the wheel spin in cement block road at the hotel

@ilango tell me how to do wheel spin in RWD. tried something refering to youtube lectures but not working in Nano. but its easy to do in FWD by holding the handbrake

Release clutch as fast as you can , that the whole torque makes the wheel loose traction and there after keep spinning.
in rwd , the car tent to get grip and move forward.

Practice in some kind of sandy roads.
Make sure , there is no weight in cabin

Btw i have not tried , but procedure is same and simple hehe.

When the car tend to move , just dis engage and engage clutch!

Somehow, I love my cars sooooo much that I cant even think about doing such things with my car. For me, my car is my buddy. It pains if I miss a pothole & crash him into it. And anyways I feel my car is not meant for such abuse. If I love him, he will love me back. That is my opinion.

+1 but I am ready to do some other cars! the owners ready to give me :P

but I would like to share something from me with my old M 800[cheers]

marutistunts.avi - YouTube

maruti 800 stunts - YouTube

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #14

lxi.

Suspended

i have done burnouts on many cars (including my Civic!)

burnouts are easy. just floor it with handbrake on. or brake pedal pressed. most satisfying was in my cousin's Merc E300!
Wow! Nice to hear that! Are you talking about rotating the car with rear/front wheels spinning or simply still at one place and Front/Rear wheels spinning?

If you have, Please be kind to share the Video/Pic!

have tried slide/drift in nano no videos taken so far

technique for nano
1. move the car in 1st gear till it reaches 20km/h
2. hold the hand brake to its half and turn the steering
3. then pull the hand brake fully till it reaches halt

BTW you can have a drift by holding the hand brake fully till it slides and suddenly releasing and giving full accelerator

tried 360 long back and the result is in the video
Nice video Sai. Have seen it in your "Modification" thread. Actually, I also didnt understand what you were doing! :D

No Problem! Every car owner has some relations with his car! I also love my Cars but then also, "EK STUNT TOH BANTA HAI NA!"

Please add the complete lisr of safety precautions. Performing stunts in open areas is public safety, doing under supervision is private safety precaution, having the right tyre pressure for drift / power slide is vehicle's safety. Tyre pressure plays a vital role in powerslide than your hand brake.
+1. Very informative Boss.

i know what Raj means but i love my car and i always have this feeling to do something with it. so i have done only burnout on the civic that too when it was nearing its tire change so it was fine.

on the merc though, did on really really open grounds. i did burnouts and drifts. well when i say drifts just some powerslides. it was cool though.
How do you manage to do powerslides? I tried to do on my City (At that time it was 3 months old! I know I am very bad! Tomatoes and Eggs please!) but when I moved the steering with slightly pressing brakes, the rear wheels started spinning and sliding (losing traction) and I was blinded by smoke at the front! It WAS SCARY! Please share the technique for powerslide!

Stunts..ah..I simply was fond of them some 2-3 years back.No day used to pass without at least one power slide in the Swift and at least one wheelie and stoppie on my new(that time)Pulsar 200.
But now,gone are those days,now I am more in education+business combo as compared to the that time education+stunts etc combo.

About stunts,the time I took 'SANYAAS' from the stunts,those days I had some experience of:-
Bike stunts:Wheelies,stoppies,rolling stoppies,burnouts and christ(standing ont he seat)..Here in Meerut was a small group of stunt bikers called Gravity warriorz,those days I was an active member of that group.

Car stunts:Power slides(now I have enough practice of them),drifts(done a lot on our Safari and Scorpio),Burnouts(did today itself on the Corolla).

Now I have limited them as an occassional even because I have lately identified the risks to the man and machine involved in stunting.Here are some of them:-

Maintenance costs increase in many folds.
No matter how much protection you use,but after bike stunts you can't protect yourself from slight joint pain etc.
Tyres go out of service 4-5 times faster than regular usage.
On my Swift,I found that wheel alignment used to get disturbed nearly every week.
Suspension of your vehicle can any day kiss you a goodbye.
I got my 200's front telescopic fork broken thrice and my fingers broken once and my shoulder bone misplaced one,do I need to say anything more?

Where is Ilango,he also seems to be quite experienced in stunts?
Rest,still I can say that I have enough experience to clear minor queries..

Although I was also thinking of starting something like this thread,but was scared if this will add one more infraction point to me
Thats nice. What about some videos? Hehe! I also made this in partnership of Saishibu, He got permission and I created the thread! Lol!

ilango[speed thirst];151480 said:
Stunts - the favorite of mine. Just tried some thing with cars , when ever possible.

Havent tried some serious stuff - reason , not in a position to pay up after something bad occurs.

did a 90 degree drift in sierra , with new tyres in ecr - i mean good thar road.

many slides starting from 800 /swift.accent crdi etc. Nothing much costlier vehicles.

Lot of wheel spins , may be first TAI meet some may remember the wheel spin in cement block road at the hotel
Wheel spinds are damn easy! My friend (in M800 borrowed from his friend) jacked up the front Left tyre and put a brick on the other three so the car doesnt move forward with Handbrake on! He didnt jam the brake and the wheels spinned a lot! Even the tyre got cut marks on the Tread!

@ilango i have tried this one. im asking about staying in one place and spinning the wheels.

like this
Wow! Thats a nice vid. You can put some LARGE bricks at the front wheels and accelerate without pressing brakes. MAybe you can jack your car up from both sides so that the tyres do not fully touch the road. If you are BAD, (For your car), Then take it near a wall, Touch it to the wall from front, put some brick so that car doesnt move forward and accelerate. IT will be real fun in your RWD car! Or, UPGRADE your disk brakes!

Good luck. Waiting for your video.

ilango[speed thirst];151558 said:
Btw i have not tried , but procedure is same and simple hehe.

When the car tend to move , just dis engage and engage clutch!
Are you talking about first gear (Front gear i mean) or Reverse?

but I would like to share something from me with my old M 800
Wow! Amazing Videos Rakesh! You look like a STUNTMAN!Very nice! Post more please!

----
next post
----
Here is the stunt i found out today on my Scorpio-
Take the car on first gear. Accelerate to high RPMs. Leave the clutch. Wheels will spin. Press the clutch, release, press release! Looks like the car is hopping! Lots of smoke!

lxi- powerslides are quite easy if the right car. In this case it was the Merc E300 so its rear wheel drive. just need to turn the traction control off and and get speeds up to like 70-80 and turn in. mid corner just mash your foot on the accelerator and feel the tail coming out and now just hold the slide.

also burnouts, did a moving burnout. its quite difficult to convince the computers of the Merc that the wheels are moving but car is stationary.

Top Bottom