Safe Stunting – Techniques and Precautions

Re: STUNNING STUNTS: Techniques and Precautions: First on TAI!

Stunting in itself is not a crime but how and where it is performed sure could be. There should not be an issue discussing about it as long as the topic encourages safe and legal stunting techniques (as clarified in the opening post). Please feel free to report the posts which encourage illegal or unsafe driving. We assure to promptly look into it.

Drive Safe,
350Z
But in a country like our's all the learners try to learn on roads only, for name sake there are only few of them in Chennai and Delhi.

So where does rest of Indians have to do such stunts?
Does the cars we use on roads have a roll cage and 6 point seat belts, as against 3 point one's?

So as far as i am concerned more into the safety aspect.

The one's we see in Topgear follow all the safety measures , and do stunts.

But fellow members as depicted below want to try it on their cars.

Even if someone tries it, they may endanger others life is my view.

I have just shared my thoughts, i don't enforce anyone to follow my words.

Rest assured guys Drive safe.
ah sure will try it soon obviously on an open ground which is like hardly a few hundred meters away from home. thanks Vipul.
the problem i find in my civic is that my handbrake doesnt actually lock the wheels. i mean it does when car is stationary but when car is moving, it doesnt really lock it.
Very informative TSI.

My friend did a stunt on i10 (old one sportz).
He turned the steering to the extreme left and revved the car in second gear to its max! The front wheels started giving out smoke and the car did some 10-15 rounds on cemented road giving deep marks of rubber on the road! The "Crrr" sound was coming from the tyres! Lol!
If you have some Need For Speed /any other racing game, then you can see the stunt in that game by accelerating and turning the car left/right when it is in stop position.
Actually, He was taking a U Turn with light handbrake on and the car slipped and he revved revved and it came to be a nice stunt with the car rotating like hell and white smoke all aorund! and smell of burning rubber followed by screech of tyres!

Thread Starter #32

lxi.

Suspended

Ok. I understand your feelings mukeshus. MODS : IF NECESSARY, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO DELETE THIS THREAD.

All members are requested to practice stunting in some Grounds , not on Highways/roads( for beginners). Also, KEEP SEATBELT ON. Even though it is not 6 point, They are better than having none!

---

I learnt to do Wheel Spin when at halt! Amazing. If you want, I can share the technique. Remember, It is dangerous.

OT : TAI'ns, Please dont mark my posts as INFRACTIONS as I have created this thread and most will not like it. Please report mods to delete the thread.

Ok. I understand your feelings mukeshus. MODS : IF NECESSARY, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO DELETE THIS THREAD.

All members are requested to practice stunting in some Grounds , not on Highways/roads( for beginners). Also, KEEP SEATBELT ON. Even though it is not 6 point, They are better than having none!

---

I learnt to do Wheel Spin when at halt! Amazing. If you want, I can share the technique. Remember, It is dangerous.

OT : TAI'ns, Please dont mark my posts as INFRACTIONS as I have created this thread and most will not like it. Please report mods to delete the thread.

Well,it looks like LXI is very desperately interested in getting the thread deleted...

Leave all this crap aside and tell the story of hoe you learnt to do wheel spin.After that I'll narrate my style of doing the same.

Also even I too say the same,try the stunts in the grounds that also with the plain surface.On uneven surfaced you will end up either hurting your car or yourself.And if you are so much interested in tasting the roads,then either search for closed roads or forget them.

Thread Starter #34

lxi.

Suspended

Ok. Technique for Wheel spin I did in City-
Take the car to some Wet Cemented/Slippery place (I did in my House after a small shower of rain! I mean, Where cars are parked inside the gate.) and pull the Handbrake to its HIGHEST! Really High! Engage the first gear. Release the clutch very slowly and slightly and accelerate gradually (I did like this on the accelerator pedal - Up, Down, Up down!) and the wheels will start spinning. My car's wheel started spinning instantly as the surface was wet.

Also, If you want some smoke and dark skid marks, Try this, I also did-

Take the car to some inclined surface (I took it to my house's entrance near the gate which is an inclined surface) and the car should be facing upwards and the gate should be open(In case, U go up and end up hitting the gate!), Pull the handbrake to its full , Engage first gear, Release the clutch slowly and accelerate to higher RPMs, After some time, The wheels will start giving out some white smoke (VEry less amount). Have fun.

If you do not find a much inclined surface, Try putting Bricks in front of your rear tyres. (My place was some 25-30-35 degree)

Cheers.

TSI - WAiting for your technique.

Ok. Technique for Wheel spin I did in City-
Take the car to some Wet Cemented/Slippery place (I did in my House after a small shower of rain! I mean, Where cars are parked inside the gate.) and pull the Handbrake to its HIGHEST! Really High! Engage the first gear. Release the clutch very slowly and slightly and accelerate gradually (I did like this on the accelerator pedal - Up, Down, Up down!) and the wheels will start spinning. My car's wheel started spinning instantly as the surface was wet.
Buddy mention the complete incident.
After just 2-3 spins,the car starts moving towards front very slowly even after the rear wheels are locked.Why?Because the front wheel drive cars have most of their weight on the front wheels.
And when you suddenly accelerate the weight first of all gets shifted on rear wheels and hence we get the spin.After 2-3 spins the weight again shifts on the front wheels and hence the car slowly starts pulling towards front.

Also, If you want some smoke and dark skid marks, Try this, I also did-

Take the car to some inclined surface (I took it to my house's entrance near the gate which is an inclined surface) and the car should be facing upwards and the gate should be open(In case, U go up and end up hitting the gate!), Pull the handbrake to its full , Engage first gear, Release the clutch slowly and accelerate to higher RPMs, After some time, The wheels will start giving out some white smoke (VEry less amount). Have fun.
This technique is okay.

TSI - WAiting for your technique.
Well,here is my take:-
Wheel spins:First of all,the front wheel drive cars are never good for wheelspins.Why?If the front wheels have some grip then they will pull your car away.(yes,in mud or slush they will give fantastic wheelspin:lol!:)

Still if you want to make wheelspins then you can change your front tyres with bald ones,but then your car will make wheelspins only whenever you will accelerate it hard.

Yes,the RWDs are great for wheel spins.And technique is simple:-
Park the car and try to park it on any inclined surface facing towards lower end of the incline.This will automatically remove a large weight from the rear wheels.Now start the car and press your brake pedal quite hard.And press the accelerator too same time putting the car in drive mode(This technique is used for A/T cars).
In case of manual cars,the technique becomes too much complicated and result becomes just 50%.This time you will have to press both accelerator and brake pedal with one foot and clutch with another(brake and accelerator with right foot with heel resting on brake pedal and toe on the gas pedal-its somewhat tricky but still easy).
Now engage first gear and then let the car rev somewhere near redline.Now is the time for real trick:-
Leave the clutch and your rear wheels will spin(if front wheels start moving then do it again else the car will make burnout).But to maintain the spin,now pivot your toe on the accelerator and make some space for your left foot on the brake.Press the brake pedal with left foot too and slowly remove your right foot's heel from brake pedal and put it completely on accelerator...

NO GET THE KEYS OF YOUR SCORP AND MAKE A WHEELSPIN FOR AN HOUR...And in case it doesn't happen,then remember I said accuracy is just 50%.

In case of front wheel driven cars,you need the surface with different grip levels like road and ramp.
Place your front wheels on the low grip surface(ramp) and rear wheels on the high grip one(road),apply handbrake and do the wheelspin..and see the wonder..

Thread Starter #36

lxi.

Suspended

Ok.
In my city. Since the parking space in my house is rectangular and long along with the length side. I accelerated and removed my foot as soon as the tyres started pulling the car forward. 2 - times, i did it and i could feel the wheels spinning, but no smoke and noise. All i could see was very light skid marks on the surface. My cars tyres are not completely bald but slightly used condition with tread marks dsiappearing from the centre.

The technique you told was a bit tricky. I tried keeping my right foot on gas and brake but ended up in pressing the gas pedal only.

In scorpy, i took it to the ramp with rear tyres on road and some weight at the back and rear seats, the car did awesome wheel spins.
Tyres were screeching loud! The wheels must have spun for some 5 minutes but after that mom scolded me saying that dont make noises from the car. Lol!

And today, i was driving scorpy in the city at 80 kmph and had to brake as a dog was crossing the road, and had almost gone to the otherside of the road, and i pressed horn and he came back to the centre of the road. I braked hard. The rear wheels didnt lock and the front wheels did make some dark skid marks with white smoke coming from the road and burning smell from car.

Amazing!

The technique you told was a bit tricky. I tried keeping my right foot on gas and brake but ended up in pressing the gas pedal only.
This happens with everyone,even I too end up pressing just one..for people its 50% for me its even lower than 25% accuracy..

In scorpy, i took it to the ramp with rear tyres on road and some weight at the back and rear seats, the car did awesome wheel spins.
Tyres were screeching loud! The wheels must have spun for some 5 minutes but after that mom scolded me saying that dont make noises from the car. Lol!

And today, i was driving scorpy in the city at 80 kmph and had to brake as a dog was crossing the road, and had almost gone to the otherside of the road, and i pressed horn and he came back to the centre of the road. I braked hard. The rear wheels didnt lock and the front wheels did make some dark skid marks with white smoke coming from the road and burning smell from car.

Amazing!
Buddy,don't tell a lie.You have gone overboard throwing your imagination.

The way you mentioned the wheelspin is simply impossible,instead going by this way putting weight on rear wheels with front ones on ramp and rear on road,your car would have been pushed forward by rear wheels and have entered your drawing room.Simply impossible it is.

About the braking incident:
Darling SCORPIO HAS ABS as a STANDARD equipment and hence this skidding is simply impossible and if it happened then your car must have overturned going by the way you have mentioned it,so here comes three conditions:-
1):Nothing happened.
2):Your car's ABS is not working and you must get it checked.
3):The car you was driving was not a Scorpio.

Now you decide and tell me which condition is true,but I am sure than I am spot on.

Thread Starter #38

lxi.

Suspended

Hey. Its true. There was some 20kg atta bag at the back. The handbrake was pulled to highest. My ramp is almost 30 degree incline.
The thing is that the rear wheels were pushed down and the front were forced upwards and thus loosing grip of the ramp, they skidded.
I was driving scorpio which i admit, has abs and skidding by locking of wheels is really impossible. My odo first showed abs but as i braked if went off! Maybe abs has gone wrong.
Will show it to electrician if there is an electric fault.a (!) light was also on, dont know what it really means!
Will ppost a pic.

yes tried the wheel spin as said by ilango. the car moves forward spinning its rear wheel faster than the front. but tried applying brakes to hold the wheels but couldnt do that . i guess need some practise.

and ilango explained the procedures well. so im not doing it.

Top Bottom